Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Jute farming bots. Is it harassment to "help" them die?

Krovach
Krovach
Ok, after reporting yet another of these scum bag infinite node farming bots (which takes a while with the sheer number of them). I drew aggro from a caster mob, I noticed that the aoe spell damaged the bot as well. I admit that I stood beside the bot until it died before killing the mob. I continued this fun with any other bots I saw. Is this technically harassment?
Edited by Krovach on April 30, 2014 11:25PM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they are bots. I enjoy doing it to bots in public dungeons. They are not legitimate players like you and I. They deserve no sympathy what so ever.

On the subject, I noticed today in Del's Claim that there were bots running around the boss area. Anyone else notice the same?
    Edited by demendred on April 30, 2014 11:10PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I made a post on Del's Claim area in my other thread asking why people run bots in low level dungeons. So, yeah, it's very noticeable.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    Yeah, I made a post on Del's Claim area in my other thread asking why people run bots in low level dungeons. So, yeah, it's very noticeable.

No, I mean actual running around. You know when you come up on the boss, and that tunnel is behind the boss? They were looping that area. I just found it odd because I never seen them do that. Maybe(hopefully) it was some break in their program, but part of me doubts that. Im going to check back now and then and see how their behavior is. Im thinking this because of the new patch with the boss. They have to wait for x amount of time, so why not collect other items to NPC off.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing i would ever do on purpose but i did notice that if you chain-pull a mob into lava some "players" will run after it and stand in the lava and die.
    Then respawn on the spot and die again. Then ...

When that happens i usually pull out my chair, sit down and enjoy a drink while taking in the scenery for a while.

Life in Tamriel can be good sometimes ...
    :D
    Edited by SirAndy on April 30, 2014 11:27PM
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    I rather enjoy dragging netches to murder bots east of Ebonheart. If the GM's don't get rid of them, I'll just keep dragging the bull netches to murder anything there.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Krovach
    Krovach
    So far I have been successful using bull netches, goblins, and those lovable scamps.
    One bot kept buring through soul gems to rez, made it worth it. I lost heart later after assisting a bot in reaching oblivion the node was occupied by another in merely seconds.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope watching people die isn't harassment! It is the only fun I get to have as a healer.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krovach wrote: »
    Ok, after reporting yet another of these scum bag infinite node farming bots (which takes a while with the sheer number of them). I drew aggro from a caster mob, I noticed that the aoe spell damaged the bot as well. I admit that I stood beside the bot until it died before killing the mob. I continued this fun with any other bots I saw. Is this technically harassment?

If you do it enough and someone reports you, you could get suspended or banned.

They have "askjhsdf" as the name and are dressed like bots, but sometimes there is actually a person sitting there. They would be well within their rights to report you, especially if they think that reporting you might eliminate someone who reports them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Nothing i would ever do on purpose but i did notice that if you chain-pull a mob into lava some "players" will run after it and stand in the lava and die.
    Then respawn on the spot and die again. Then ...

When that happens i usually pull out my chair, sit down and enjoy a drink while taking in the scenery for a while.

Life in Tamriel can be good sometimes ...
    :D

If you.... "happen" to come across this situation again certainly though no fault of your own would you mind recording and posting a video? ^.^

Purely for research purposes of course......
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 12:50AM
  • Valkerian
    Valkerian
    Not a problem at all. And I don't see how it could be harassment. It's against the games policy to use bot programs and it's even a ban-able offense. That being said, there is nothing stating that people can't "accidentally" draw aggro and "accidentally" leave it with a bot in that same area...
  • tjvannevel_ESO
    bots deserve no leniency. No exceptions.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can harass an automated program.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Krovach
    Krovach

If you do it enough and someone reports you, you could get suspended or banned.

They have "askjhsdf" as the name and are dressed like bots, but sometimes there is actually a person sitting there. They would be well within their rights to report you, especially if they think that reporting you might eliminate someone who reports them.

Even if it was a person behind the keyboard, is it not an exploit to constantly harvest an infinite spawn node? And they could always move away from the aoe.
    Edited by Krovach on May 1, 2014 1:41AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it was a person behind the keyboard, is it not an exploit to constantly harvest an infinite spawn node? And they could always move away from the aoe.

They are not treating it like an exploit to harvest an infinite spawn node.

As for moving out of AOE range, I am just saying... be careful. They have every reason to strike back at you and a lot less to lose than you do.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Krovach
    Krovach

They are not treating it like an exploit to harvest an infinite spawn node.

As for moving out of AOE range, I am just saying... be careful. They have every reason to strike back at you and a lot less to lose than you do.

Ah, did not know ZOS wasn't treating infinite spawn nodes as an exploit. Guess I will go back to bot report duty, and if I happen to draw aggro that kills a bot just a bonus.

It is just frustrating the rampant amount of bots in this game and the people who are buying gold to support it.

/sigh
  • ragdollyspannerb16_ESO
    It would be nice if we could use treated netch eggs on the bots. But then I have no clue how the game would know the difference between a bot and a real player. Still, I can dream.
    Piroska the Red - Nord Templar.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    The AOE thing is kinda a fence subject if they aren't afk and moving around it's actually kinda hard to kill someone with a AOE people are trained to move away from red death circles lol it's also kinda hard to prove someone meant to kill you and wasn't just running away themselves hence it's been used as a form or griefing on MMO's for years cause quite honestly you have to record them doing it over and over again to prove it's on purpose.

As far as using it on a bot that depends on the bot if they run to fight it and chase it into lava and stand there situation don't really think you can be blamed even if it was a actual player lol.

If they catch aggro and do nothing to run away or defend themselves that's not really your fault either you may even try to help them and they still die.

The only real case is if it was a real player who happened to be afk but if you killed a player like that they wouldn't rez and let it happen again lol they would either stay dead or rez and move away.

And since you really need to have done it more then once to be reported for it you basically can't do it to a human player even if they get mad one time is likely just a mistake happens all the time.

However the best way as always is report a bot if it so happens to run into lava and rez and die and rez and die and rez and die.... record it and send it with your report lol just link us a copy to enjoy too lol.
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 7:05AM
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    If they didnt want aoe's to harm "innocent" bystanders they would have coded it to only hit what the mob has agro on.
  • Dopybks
    Dopybks
    I stood by one of these idiots for a while. While he, or it is picking up the jute, press the e key and do the same but don't take it, just stand there and maybe have a chat. I just told him to hop it with a couple of expletives thrown in. They soon disappeared, probably to go somewhere else but it was funny.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Lanzelot the Great: Oh this game is full of botters <looking for mobs with AoE attacks>. Finally he finds some kind of goblin demon with fire attacks.

asjdgasdf: <dies in silence>

Richy the Evil: Lurer! PK! Hey stop...

<Richy the Evil takes a screenshot that shows Sir Lanzelot the Great killing lowbies red handed; bot's name is hidden>
    <"Sir Lanzelot the Great" reported>

10 minutes later...

GM Bansalot: Sir Lanzelot the Great, you were harassing other players. A respectable member of the community (the real person behind the bot)reported you and I have the proofs right in front of me. Due to destructive behaviour your account will be suspended for one week. Next time follow the rules.
    Have a nice day.

Sir Lanzelot the Great: but...

You are not entitled to play on this realm

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it is Griefing... but when I made it my mission to kill gold farmers in Age of Conan by the scores... and then killing them over and over and over again... that is a reportable offense and I could have been banned.

But they are criminals, and criminals don't report nothing to the authorities.