The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bastian's cold hands

Ruhaho
Ruhaho
Soul Shriven
Hi, all.

Does anyone have an idea of why Bastian complains about his hands always being cold? He sometimes says something like: "Why are my hands always cold?". He otherwise comes of as brave and strong, which I think is in contrast to someone who would complain about his hand being cold all the time. Like, for someone being in combat regularly, one would expect their body to get warmer because of the exercise. I feel like I'm missing something here, as of lore.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that's just a random ambient dialogue line that he's programmed to say when he's around a campfire or cooking fire. I guess the warmth of the fire makes him more aware of the coldness of his extremities?

If you're looking for a less mechanical explanation, there's always the old adage "cold hands, warm heart." :smile:
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's hoping you'll help warm them up.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wants mittens.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."