The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ground AoEs are weird

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Starting with Healing, there's some weird stuff going on, also does anyone else think it's weird that Sorcs don't have a dedicated Ground AoE for Healing?

142o4o3ngpjn.png

Then we go into the Bizzare World of Damaging Ground AoEs

zl1k6oo41rjg.png

Now I get it, we want unique Abilities, but there are obvious discrepancies, such as Sorc. Why doesn't Sorc have a healing AoE ability, everyone else does?

Just thought I would lay this out, see what people thought.
Edited by Mr_Stach on June 1, 2022 4:32AM
Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Hadeostry I meant to post this over in Combat & Character Abilities. Can you Move it there?

JK. I just reposted in, this post can now fade to nothingness.
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 31, 2022 6:52PM

• dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs have Power Surge. I am not sure of the area. I have not healed on sorc in a long time but as I recall it did a lot of healing. Procs off initial Illustrious, combat prayer, and twilight I imagine.
    Edited by dhoward5b14_ESO on June 1, 2022 3:01AM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, power surge is pretty great, I'm going to be doing a separate thing for Burst Heals for skills like Power Surge and Green Lotus

• SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graphic is super awesome!

Power Surge is technically a class HOT, not a burst, as the tooltip is not big enough to be a "burst" heal. And it works perfectly fine as a HOT when you have other heals going, but in the situation where you could use just that 1 HOT for a bit of healing on your hybrid build, and spec into more damage, Power Surge is just bad, because it only procs off heals. It should either proc of critical healing and critical damage, or just pulsate around the sorc without condition to be reliable class hot on par with OP class hots like Ritual that is huge, lasts forever and has a synergy.

Just in general when you start comparing class healing toolkits to templar, all other classes come short. Warden gets picked as a BIS healer class because of their defensive support utility, but their healing toolkit is not as good as what Templar has either: budding is short duration, needs to be refreshed often, bursting vines yeet you to the targets and have a lot of targeting / LOS issues because of it, any tiny little stone or elevation difference breaks it, not to mention the tooltip got nerfed, shooms area of effect looks like twisting path, so when group does not stack well you do not hit people well, cuz its super narrow closer to you, where as clap heal is HUGE and works around you.

Cinder storm as a hot is just laughable. Its like trying to fit a family with 10 kids into 300 sq ft appartment in Williamsbug.