Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help about linking old account to Steam

marthin.mb16_ESO
marthin.mb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I have an non-steam ESO account with the DLCs and crowns and stuff. I understand that if I want to play it on Steam, I need to buy the game on Steam and link the accounts, right ? But do I need to buy all the DLCs again ? Or just base game and when I link them, Steam recognize all the stuff I had on old account ? This is quite unclear to me...
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 31, 2022 5:20PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I linked mine to Steam but it was a long time ago. I can now access my account through the normal launcher but I buy crowns and chapter upgrades through steam ( I use steam cards to top up my steam wallet rather than using a credit card). I don't know if it's still the same, but I had the same access at the time. I never log onto that account through steam at the moment. But I didn't buy it on Steam, at the time I just had to link the accounts.

I have another old account which I purchased through steam and I can't get into that account through the normal launcher, which means I can't use it at the moment because I only have room on my latest laptop for one installation. I chose the non-steam installation. I think that's something to do with the version of the game I have on that account. It's the steam version so only accessible through steam. If I wanted to use that account I would need to buy a non-steam version and link it.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/~/can-i-link-my-existing-the-elder-scrolls-online-account-to-my-steam-account?

According to the link above i looks like you are right. You have to buy it on Steam again. Things have changed since I bought the CD and linked it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @marthin.mb16_ESO

You would only need to purchase the base game on Steam. After linking you will have access to all your DLC entitlements.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post