The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wow they must have nerfed Fortified Brass hard (nope I was wrong)

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I last played in early 2020, and used Fortified Brass and Spriggan's. Fortified Brass gave my squishy stam sorc some much-needed survivability.

Logged in the other day, partially rebuilt my main character as everything was reset including champion points. Lost my Poison Injection too and have to start over from 0 EXP on Poison Arrow FYI, wtf.

I got wasted in short order by magicka, trying to range a Xivkyn in Imperial City with my bow. That's never happened before. It was like I had no spell resistance anymore. It melted me.

Then while I was trying to figure out why that I happened I looked at my set bonuses and Fortified Brass is only armor now. Wtf lol.

Now I have to think of a craftable replacement like Orgnum's Scales or farm for Mark of the Pariah. Thing is I don't know how Pariah scales? What is the resistance level at 60% health? Does it even have resitances at 10)% health? Has it been nerfed too? (LOL). If it's better than Orgnum's it could be worth me farming for it.

Pariah is also HEAVY armor and this stam sorc uses MEDIUM. Hmm that could tip the scales toward Orgnum for me. Not hard to switch to heavy if Pariah is that much better than Orgnum's.

Might want to swap my Valkyn Skoria monster set for something that could help survivability too. I have to go through my storage and see what I have.

Any advice is appreciated :) This DoT-based DW+Bow stam sorc doesn't feel like he used to.
Edited by Holycannoli on May 26, 2022 8:18PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortified brass is OK for starter gear, as its bonuses still stack with other armor bonuses, but they significantly lowered the armor bonuses that it gave to the point you can almost get the same armor value with other gear but have the other bonus effects on said gear

pariah is like a BIS gear for no-cp/no-proc cyrodiil, so its definitely not nerfed, i think it can be OK too in normal cyrodiil. this set still grants some resistances at 100% hp and then scales up as you are losing hp, so combined with vampire undeath passive this becomes really potent

orgnum scales isnt that great for pvp because HP recovery is also halved along with healing, so that regen bonus wouldnt amount to much, and doesnt grant you any armor bonuses until your under 60%, which is already getting into dangerous territory due to all the heavy burst potential and being close to the execute range for stuff like whirling blades and executioner

also just as an FYI anything that says +armor, means both +physical and +spell resistance (these were some of the first things that were hybridized)

as for actual build suggestions, that is not an area im well versed in since ive never played a stamsorc lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Armor" means it gives both physical and spell resistance. ZOS have been combining a lot of similar stats into one. So you now sometimes see "Critical Chance" on sets which means both spell crit and weapon crit. You will see "Offensive Penetration" on sets, which means both physical penetration and spell penetration. And so on.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So armor also protects vs magicka?

Now I have to find another reason why magicka is destroying my stam sorc so easily now. Thought I found it, oh well.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I have to find another reason why magicka is destroying my stam sorc so easily now. Thought I found it, oh well.

Yes, Armor protects against Magicka and Physical damage, but, each piece of Heavy Armor now has an extra Magical Damage taken debuff. Check out the passives in the Armor skill lines. So if you have on a few pieces of Heavy, that might be why, but it might just be because Damage is higher than what you remembered and you need more Armor or Percentile Mitigations - like Vampire's Undeath, Major/Minor Protection, etc. If you didn't notice, everybody got an extra baseline 1k Weapon/Spell Damage in 2021.

Don't sleep on the Lady sign, it's more relevant in PvP now than ever before really, on account of that extra 1k Weapon/Spell Damage, it's efficient in a way it didn't used to be (in my opinion).
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, Armor protects against Magicka and Physical damage, but, each piece of Heavy Armor now has an extra Magical Damage taken debuff. Check out the passives in the Armor skill lines. So if you have on a few pieces of Heavy, that might be why, but it might just be because Damage is higher than what you remembered and you need more Armor or Percentile Mitigations - like Vampire's Undeath, Major/Minor Protection, etc. If you didn't notice, everybody got an extra baseline 1k Weapon/Spell Damage in 2021.

Don't sleep on the Lady sign, it's more relevant in PvP now than ever before really, on account of that extra 1k Weapon/Spell Damage, it's efficient in a way it didn't used to be (in my opinion).

Yeah I'm thinking of switching to that. I have to see what my resists are when I get home from work and which mundus I'm currently using.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed it into oblivion after WW's were using it an tanking everything too well.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm thinking of switching to that. I have to see what my resists are when I get home from work and which mundus I'm currently using.

Most people play Melee Brawler builds between 25k - 30k+ resistances these days, I think most my builds come in around 26k-28k and with Undeath is sufficient for me with no Pariah. If you're playing with a Bow I'm not sure, lots of StamSorcs are using Bow right now.

If you're not playing Stage 3 Vamp for the Undeath passive, definitely pick that up. That's your number 1 problem if you don't have it.

Another new option is slotting Revealing Flare for the constant Major Protection. The Daedric Trickery set is also really popular nowadays, lots of people run it backbar, but it's good bothbar too.

Another really good crafted option is backbar Wretched Vitality. With that you can run the Lady sign, maybe even a few Protective Jewels if you want, drop any Regen enchants in favor of all Damage enchants etc.

The best new items for finding more Armor are the Markyn mythic and the Magma Incarnate Monster Set. Markyn isn't worth running if you'll only have 1 stack on either bar, so it doesn't go well with an Arena Weapon and a Monster Set in the same build. On the other hand building for 3 stacks with it, in my experience, is only worthwhile in No Proc PvP. Most people are running it just for 2 stacks - overall most people agree the most efficient builds available are all Frontbar set, Backbar set, Monster Set, Mythic, 1 piece Trainee. You can swap out a Monster set for 2 more Trainee Pieces, you'll get 1500 Mag, 1500 Stam, 100 Weapon Damage, and 1000 Armor for that versus whatever you can get out of a Monster Set, it's not bad but Balorgh, Bloodspawn, and Magma Incarnate are all stronger, and Damage Proc Monster Sets are all more fun.

These sets, along with Pariah, are some of the most stat-dense available sets for a Brawler. With these, you may find Fortified Brass might not be the most efficient set for you. Still, for a bothbar set that gives you "Armor" in Medium, there isn't any that's better than Fortified.

Edited by Urzigurumash on May 26, 2022 7:08PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not getting vampire so that's out.

Learned last night I didn't even have a mundus stone anymore. It must have been reset as well. I've been running around without a mundus stone so my Divines was doing nothing.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting vampire so that's out.

Learned last night I didn't even have a mundus stone anymore. It must have been reset as well. I've been running around without a mundus stone so my Divines was doing nothing.

HP Regen is now subject to Battlespirit, so there's not as much to lose with Vampirism as in the past. I enjoy Stage 4 for the Sprint features, but Stage 3 for Undeath is strongly recommended by almost every PvPer. The state of Undeath is such that even though Flame Damage and Dawnbreaker will do increased damage to you above 60% Health or so as a Vampire, they'll do even more damage to you below 60% Health as a Mortal. To not be at a severe disadvantage as a Mortal you need quite a bit of Armor and other Percentile Mitigators. Review the graph in this post:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7452535/#Comment_7452535

I'm all for some RP in PvP but some things are non-negotiable.