The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Peacemaker

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How do I know when I have completed an encounter? Right now I am staring at a Khajit and Argonian. Some dialog, but no chance to interact.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You talk about the thing in Grahtwood?

I think you must listen to the argument for about 2 or 3 minutes, then someone ask you about your opinion.

Edit: I think I must do it 2 times to get the achievement.
    Edited by KalevaLaine on May 24, 2022 8:20AM
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You talk about the thing in Grahtwood?

I think you must listen to the argument for about 2 or 3 minutes, then someone ask you about your opinion.

Edit: I think I must do it 2 times to get the achievement.

No one asked for my opinion. They had a brief dialog (twice) but never asked me anything. I think it was the same dialog both times, but I didn't listen closely enough.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Peacemaker

Peacemaker is awarded for participating in discussions about racial and cultural tensions in Grahtwood. These occur at various unmarked locations around the area, and have a random chance of occurring in each of these locations. In each case, you will overhear two people having an argument over some cultural differences. If you wait around long enough, they will eventually ask for your opinion. You can talk to both of them about the issue before making a choice. Whichever option you choose, it will be counted towards this achievement. You must do so at least twice to earn it, though you can still find these discussions afterwards.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I read that, but "hang around for so long" means how long? 20 minutes?

I think I waited 5 minutes and got no offer to talk. Is it really longer than that?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been awhile since I've done it but I'll see if I can find them tomorrow and see if they talk to me.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most who are active here probably did it a long time ago. I didn't, but saw it since the map addon I have now shows it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I waited 5 minutes and got no offer to talk. Is it really longer than that?

I think they just stop talking, and then you can interact with them. So I did it about 5 months ago, everything went fine. Otherwise try another spot of them.
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think they just stop talking, and then you can interact with them. So I did it about 5 months ago, everything went fine. Otherwise try another spot of them.

I tried to interact after the verbal conversation, but it wouldn't let me the last time south of the tree in Grahtwood. I think it did the other time I saw them in another location, but I had this and another one I remember finding in another location.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on May 25, 2022 6:04AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really weird, sorry that I can't help you more.

I just searched the forum or internet, there are several people who couldn't complete it. Maybe open a ticket or try it again from time to time.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware there isn't an encounter with an Argonian that is part of this achievement, I've only ever seen one with an Altmer (discussing King Camoran) and one with a Khajiit (discussing the Green Pact).

The dialogue is only around 30 seconds and then one of the characters will say something like "What do you think?" Which prompts you to be able to speak with them.
    Ps4 EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Right now I am staring at a Khajit and Argonian. Some dialog, but no chance to interact.
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware there isn't an encounter with an Argonian that is part of this achievement...

This has me thinking that maybe the NPCs you ran into were part of the Lightbringer achievement. If there was an unlit campfire there then it was that one. You light the campfire to complete the achievement.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran across the NPCs for the Lightbringer achievement. One was an Argonian and one was a Khajiit. This may be what you are encountering instead of the Peacemaker NPCs.

21tspomjju0v.jpg
    02qneuf6k3ox.jpg
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was there. I don't remember seeing a fire, but I didn't look closely for a fire, just heard the Argonian whine about not wanting to go to the refugee camp.

I will look for a fire if I see them again. Thanks for digging further!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just happened to run across these guys today while out questing, and them being an Argonian and Khajiit like you mentioned made sense.

The campfire won't be lit until you click it. Once you light it they sit down around it. You don't ever talk directly to either of them.

I hope this solves some of the mystery.
    PCNA
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punamo and Two-Tail are the Khajiit and Argonian talking SE of Elden Root by the branch leading towards the Altmer Embassy. They just keep talking, turn to look at me but never ask my opinion.

I went to a different location and it worked. I'm assuming they are not all active at the same time so you have to find the ones that are?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it doesn't work if you already have it done for that zone?
    PCNA