Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arctic Blast Nerf cannot go Live

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok last ditch effort, I know that I'm yelling at a wall here.

If there is a single thing that's going to ruin update 34 in PvP for me, it's the God Awful Arctic Blast Nerf. Magicka Warden is my Jam, but not having a reliable stun is just terrible.

5 second stun on a 5 second duration skill that is super expensive. You overloaded Arctic Blast and now you are punishing Wardens because it's our only Stun.

I know you changed Slab to have a stun which is ok I guess, but a defensive stun is not reliable either.

Why can Templars, DKs, and Sorcs have nice on demand stuns, but Warden needs to fight to maintain an unreliable one?

Man I'm feeling like a whiney baby, but it's such a bad change.

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    You arent a whiney baby, thats reserved for the dk mains crying that their 4k magicka regen passive is now 666 regen (which is still higher than any other class + they have battle roar)

I'll return here soon, when this mondays pts patch is again disapointment.

or to celebrate a welcome change, but thats Copium at this point

edit:
    nvm its tuesday for pts
    Edited by Ashanne on May 23, 2022 7:42AM
  • Pterion87
    Pterion87
    ✭✭
    The nerf is fine, you must accept it
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    How dare Warden kill everybody in pvp with perfectly timed Arctic blast stuns, they should put more effort like pressing shattering rocks or streak like a real player
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Zos needs to re-consider this change immensely or give warden an actual on demand stun and not a reactionary one. I only got back into warden because they buffed the healing again but this is just gonna make warden worse to play again.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with it... if they put the heal back.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with it... if they put the heal back.

you mean buff the heal? because it still heals
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point, take away the stun, add stun to Permafrost and then buff the Arctic wind base skill healing.

Let Arctic Blast do more damage on the DoT portion, maybe add Chilled status effect on every tick to compensate for losing stun.

Polar Wind stays as is, with the healing increased from the base skill ofcourse.

Reduce cost of Arctic Wind base skill by 10%
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s going Live but don’t worry, Arctic Blast gets updates almost every patch since Warden released in 2017.
    They have no idea what to do and won’t listen to any feedback.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Putting the stun back on Permafrost would be fine but that still wouldn't solve the Stun issue on Warden.

I'd ultimately like for Arctic Blast to be comparable to other AoE skills in Duration most AoE skills have a 10s duration. If they were to remove the stun, they should also make the Heal at least scale on max Stam/Mag for a proper self heal. If they Remove the Heal, then they could have the Stun Instant to the first person hit by the AoE or something.

But as is
    9chysd9cjxbk.png

• Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Stach i agree it doesnt solve the stun issue, but i much rather have a more reliable stun in permafrost 3 ticks being 8/10 meter radius and having the snare attached to make it land easier, than roulette arctic blast wasting all my magicka to get a stun hopefully.

so Arctic blast no stun, more damage more healing and scaling on mag/stam
    and Polar more healing, same damage as now, max health scaling.

both could still use a cost reduction

Edited by Ashanne on May 23, 2022 3:25PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'll agree with you there. Hopefully zos does something. To help Warden's stun game

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    It’s going Live but don’t worry, Arctic Blast gets updates almost every patch since Warden released in 2017.
    They have no idea what to do and won’t listen to any feedback.

Don't you mean once a year? Fairly sure the last time they touched it was the blackwood patch in q2 last year.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    @Mr_Stach i agree it doesnt solve the stun issue, but i much rather have a more reliable stun in permafrost 3 ticks being 8/10 meter radius and having the snare attached to make it land easier, than roulette arctic blast wasting all my magicka to get a stun hopefully.

so Arctic blast no stun, more damage more healing and scaling on mag/stam
    and Polar more healing, same damage as now, max health scaling.

both could still use a cost reduction

All that would be needed to make arctic blast usable in pve would be to double it's DoT duration to 10 seconds and reduce the cost a bit
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 25, 2022 1:39PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean if Arctic Blast just had that 10s Duration it would be miles better, even with the 3s Stun we have now.

• lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    So what’s the point of the PTS and this forum if ZOS doesn’t listen to people? I’ve seen so much warden feedback and it doesn’t seem like the devs care too much about what people have to say about warden’s lack of burst heal and stun
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability and morphs should have a 10s duration and a 6m base radius.

1st morph does a minimal amount of damage, heals for more, and has the 3-5s stun component.
    2nd morph adheres to the AoE damage benchmark, doesn't heal or stun, and ranks up from 6m to 9m damage radius.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lonnml wrote: »
    So what’s the point of the PTS and this forum if ZOS doesn’t listen to people? I’ve seen so much warden feedback and it doesn’t seem like the devs care too much about what people have to say about warden’s lack of burst heal and stun

for players to vent their frustrations & not clog up General forum ;)
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Oh I've branched out. we're Worldwide Baby!

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

you post it we will back it, magwardenluv needed
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

you post it we will back it, magwardenluv needed

Well my big Warden Improvements post went up a bit ago.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/606039/lets-talk-warden-all-of-the-stuff-well-at-least-for-magicka-warden-and-some-qol#latest