The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting

• Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox Series X, and it only happens in performance mode-digital download, also "ADJUST SCREEN" doesn't work for me in performance, whereas in Fidelity I get a visual of 3 dots to let me know it's saving
  • colossusx
    colossusx
    ✭✭
    Any update on this?
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on that fix.....
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand why this has remained an issue for over a year now. This is not that complex to fix but it's clear this has been handled with incompetence.
    • Are you playing on Xbox Series X or S? / Both, Series X and S both have the same issue.
    • Are you loadings ESO through Gamepass or an individual install? / Individual install.
    • Are you playing on fidelity or performance mode when you encounter the issue? Or is it both? / Performance mode. In Fidelity mode the game remembers the brightness settings, so just not in the Performance mode. Note: this has been mentioned several times in this post btw.
    • Are there any other visual settings turned on or off? / Have tried turning on/off all other settings, none have effect on this except if you turn the Fidelity mode.
    • What kind of TV are you playing on? / LG - 4k, HDR10, 60hz. Changing TV settings or turning HDR makes no difference.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took two months away from the game.

Logged in today and this is STILL an issue? How? Do you even care at this point? Absolute joke.

I then got kicked off for maintenance, which now is going to be 11 hours.

Don't know why I bothered installing it again, I really don't.

To answer the questions...

Doesn't matter
    Doesn't matter
    Doesn't matter
    Doesn't matter
    Doesn't matter

It's been broken for everyone, on every new Xbox, with every setting, with every TV, since they came out.

I get that some things, like performance, can't be fixed quickly and you need players to be patient. But this surely is a quick win to help build patience for other stuff. It took about a year to even get it acknowledged...
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 24, 2022 5:00PM
  • darrencp22
    darrencp22
    Soul Shriven
    Lol, this is STILL an issue? I can’t think of another example of this level of neglect and/or incompetence by a developer.
  • Scar29492
    Scar29492
    ✭✭
    Still happening, also if you set hdr to vibrant it resets back.
  • mB052
    mB052
    Hi, i have an Xbox Series X and a Series S, and after clearing cache, reinstalling the game, deleting saved games, the brightness slider still resets on BOTH consoles. For heaven's sake, it's been years since this issue exists, please fix it once and for all.
  • avat3r
    avat3r
    Soul Shriven
    Still waiting on that fix.....
    It's fixed in the new update and I don't have the issue anymore :smile:
    Fixed an issue where some graphic settings would not be saved if the game was launched in performance mode.

Edited by avat3r on June 24, 2022 6:04AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally!

Only took an entire year lol.
  • mB052
    mB052
    Big Thank you for the fix.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS. The issue has now been fixed with the latest patch.