The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
Every time I open the game I have to keep adjusting my brightness slider towards the maxed-ish area where I had it before. I need to set this every time I open the game. How can I fix this?
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on July 12, 2021 2:25PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having the same issue. Brightness resets regularly to a low brightness setting. Xbox NA performance mode.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same for me. Xbox NA, reset to almost a setting too dark to be seen/played
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having this?
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I made a post about this, but have not seen any reply's yet.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, has this been looked into?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear that it's an issue, but am hoping for at least a "Yeah we're looking into it" so there is acknowledgement that the issue exists
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me. Xbox Series X EU Server performance mode.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, me too. Pretty annoying seeing as by default, some areas are black holes.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't help with all these new fancy TVs that have tons of brightness settings, the game basically resets to a black screen and you don't know you're looking at the character select screen lol
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same issue
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • davitof
    davitof
    Soul Shriven
    Not resolved by v1.24.3.0
  • Gnash_db
    Gnash_db
    Same issue on series s performance mode
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Still no update on if there is a fix for this yet? @ZOS_SarahHecker, can you let us know if someone is looking into this?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    This is still happening to me, maybe 5-10 times a day.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I was told to uninstall the game and reinstall so I guess that’s what I’m going to try.

Out of just curiosity, is everyone here that is having this issue running the ESO game off a disk or do you actually have the digital version?
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    MoMo_Blend wrote: »
    I was told to uninstall the game and reinstall so I guess that’s what I’m going to try.

Out of just curiosity, is everyone here that is having this issue running the ESO game off a disk or do you actually have the digital version?

So doing a clean reinstall did not work for me.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Nor me
  • HanneG
    HanneG
    Soul Shriven
    i am having the same issue, and i am in tears.... ive been in contact with customer service and i think ive been talking to them over a week now, i've tries different tv's, consoles, HDMI cables and ports, i've tried turning off the HDR setting which turned out to not be possible because of my tv not having it, it didnt have the option to even turn on. now they are telling me to make a new gamertag and try it and this resulted in the settings working lik it should on the sock account, so im guessing they want me to throw away 6 years of accomplishments, thousands of hours and dollars, this is my fear at least... or they'll ask me to get help from xbox customer service but i know thats pointless because they're just gamers responding there and not people with any ability to change anything. so the question is, do i just have to suck it up till they find out the problem is on their end or do i quit?? same thing is happening to my moms account.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    HanneG wrote: »
    i am having the same issue, and i am in tears.... ive been in contact with customer service and i think ive been talking to them over a week now, i've tries different tv's, consoles, HDMI cables and ports, i've tried turning off the HDR setting which turned out to not be possible because of my tv not having it, it didnt have the option to even turn on. now they are telling me to make a new gamertag and try it and this resulted in the settings working lik it should on the sock account, so im guessing they want me to throw away 6 years of accomplishments, thousands of hours and dollars, this is my fear at least... or they'll ask me to get help from xbox customer service but i know thats pointless because they're just gamers responding there and not people with any ability to change anything. so the question is, do i just have to suck it up till they find out the problem is on their end or do i quit?? same thing is happening to my moms account.

• MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    My issue is that they are not even responding that they know there is even a problem. It would nice to hear “yes, we are aware of the issue and trying to work on it”, but can’t even get that.

I’ve done all that they have ask me to do and it’s still not working.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear that it's an issue but an acknowledgement would be nice. Update of a fix would be bonus points, but at least they can recognize that this is in fact, an issue on their radar.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I hate mass tagging but it would be great if this would be recognized.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    With current Patch Level, this is still happening to me.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Same here, although when my game timed out and I came back in it was where I had set it. After an hour or so of playing I logged out to go eat dinner, came back online and it had reset to the lower setting.
  • HanneG
    HanneG
    Soul Shriven
    oh yes, ive done absolutely everything they asked me and they said they'd send the issue to the developers while they claimed that this is the only issue reported by someone so far... i wish they'd aknowledge it for sure.. but it seems like they dont want to admit the problem is on their side whatsoever, which makes it all the more frustrating for us... i tried telling them i've asked around in the guilds im in and been told by several people that they also have the issue, someone also said many are having the issue, i've told them about that its even on the eso forums but the claim that im the only one reporting the issue sounds a bit unlikely to me, could be that most dont have the patience to go through 2 and a half weeks of testing things suggested by customer service and they then give up?
  • HanneG
    HanneG
    Soul Shriven
    i feel that the lack of them wanting to admit the problem is on their side makes it seem unlikely for it to get fixed... ive even reinstalled the game without it helping now.. so i'm guessing its either going to take quite a few months before it gets fixed or we'll just have to settle...
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating that we have not even had a "we're aware of the issue and are investigating" style message about this.
  • davitof
    davitof
    Soul Shriven
    Bug is still present in v1.24.4
    [snip]

[edited to remove bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on July 8, 2021 3:15PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that the bug is still present for me as well in the newest patch. Sad times...
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    davitof wrote: »
    Bug is still present in v1.24.4
    [snip]

[edited to remove bashing]

After the update it is still present on my end as well. I also got the same email that seems to state that I am the only one experiencing this issue.

[snip]
    [edited for discussing moderator action]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 11, 2021 5:35PM
  • wittyfox
    wittyfox
    Yeah I've been having the same issue since enhanced update. I've jumped through all the hoops with customer service, reported it through the game. Don't know what else I can do except change the brightness everytime I start the game.
  • Gnash_db
    Gnash_db
    Had the issue on my series s and just received my series x deleted cloud data did fresh install on new series x and still resetting brightness so I know it's not on my end needs fix asap so annoying