Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aetherial Dust

Aehallh
Aehallh
✭✭✭
I have been farming mats for an hour a day or more (usually more) sold over 3 mil in refined mats. I have yet to get any Aetherial Dust. According to the wiki https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Aetherial_Dust I am farming the right areas. So my question is has anyone gotten this? Last time i found one was the last time I played a lot and was 2 years ago. So just curious if my rng is bad or just a very very low drop%.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one a couple weeks ago. Before that, it might have been a couple years since I'd last seen one.

It's reliably unfarmable just like Aetheric Ciphers and the battleground Torte recipe. You either get lucky or you don't. By the time you get this 600k gold item, you may have farmed 600 million in materials or more. It's a drop in the bucket at that point.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 3 from farming in all the time I've been playing since they were introduced.

I've gotten far more from anniversary jubilee boxes.

It's rare.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    ok thank you, heard a guy in zone chat say he got one from some mushroom node so I started looking for mushroooms lol. I guess I'll just relax on the Aetherial Dust hunt.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's super rare to drop.

So rare that I actually, amazingly, had 2 drop within the last 3 weeks. Prior to that, for the 5.5 years I have been playing, only 1 has dropped for me from a node. (Quite a few Anniversary event box drops though).
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 sitting in my crafting bags, I will probably never use it. I've made all the different versions of Ambrosia and I almost never use them, they just sit in my storage box. I think I got 2 of them from the Anniversary event.
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    it’s one of the items that you’d better not go out to try and search for, you’ll be occupied for quite some time.
    i’ve played since 2016 and have found 2 and i for one enjoy material farming.

let it be a pleasant suprice once you find one.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    I always get them when I'm doing surveys. Mainly because I pick up every node between surveys lol.

My rate has not been so good over the last 3-4months.

Before that I might get one every 2 months.
    Please bare in mind however I have 30+ accts dedicated just to crafting so obviously I have a much better chance because of volume. Rarely would I ever get more than 1 in that period on the same acct.

About a month before Jubilee I did manage to get 3 in a week. But....the amount of surveys and nodes I picked up that week my fingers still ache. :D

Best of luck to each of you!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've gotten a few, one recently, but it is really rare, or the Gremlins of RNG love messing with me. Considering my rate of finding nirncrux in craglorn, I'm going with the Gremlins.
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    ty
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never gotten one and I've played since Summerset. I usually just buy the darn things.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do your daily writs and surveys.
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    I have 18 alts and do daily writs 5 days a week, I get an occasional grain, and other mats. never a chromium grain. To bad there isn't a potion to up my terrible rng %.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aehallh wrote: »
    I have 18 alts and do daily writs 5 days a week, I get an occasional grain, and other mats. never a chromium grain. To bad there isn't a potion to up my terrible rng %.

Are you doing the jewelry writs at maximum level? That's what gives you the best chance. They do not drop if you're doing Pewter jewelry writs.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten maybe three aetherial dusts from farming during my whole time in ESO, and I’ve been here since beta. I have found a few others in the anniversary boxes. Only one did I ever get an aetheric cypher while farming.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aetherial Dust is one of those things that you don't farm. You just rejoice when you get it.

Like Winnie above I have over 30 accounts and I tend to find most of my non event dust in surveys. But that is mostly because I do the bulk of my farming when I have surveys. I tend to run between them and pick up every node when I go to clear a zone. They drop from every node in the zones listed, and I have gotten a dust in each type.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    I've never found one in the wild. Got one in a Jubilee box.
    My OH, on the other hand...
    2 last week!
    Not the first time he's found several in a short (for eso) time.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have found exactly 1 since beta.

And no Mourning Dew at all, and I've been farming the hell out of Cyrodiil to find two more War Torte recipes (which I just found last night within 5 minutes of each other lol).
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have found 3 since I started playing in 2016. And I harvest a lot.
  • Aehallh
    Aehallh
    ✭✭✭
    I got one yesterday after about 3 months of farming mats about 4 hours per week. so it does exist.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I may have some in my inventory but sadly do not. I DO however have 8 Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia's though that I've crafted some time ago that are just sitting there. Dont remember the last time coming across aetherial dust.

On a side note, I did find TWO Ciphers since I've been playing. One, Im sure I got in Greenshade. Was farming some zombies there for XP then on my back to the wayshrine, I killed a big skeever and it dropped. Dont remember where I got the other one though.
    Edited by MonkLoHan on July 25, 2022 9:25PM
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    I've played everyday since release and never had dust drop in 8 years
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reliable place to farm Dust is the Guild Kiosks....

Even then, it is rare.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 in current account,4 in my old one,playing since 2016 and do lots of mat farming/surveys, daily X18 every day
    never searched for,it just dropped -proly will stay in bag cause i have no use for it
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a while since I got mine, definitely years, however they have diminished dust that you can buy for vouchers if that means anything.

I got a cipher too, from a random barrel in a delve, but the amount of dust on the market was underwhelming so I wound up selling it.

I have a guildy who says they get theirs from enchanting surveys, but I don't believe that is anything more than good RNG. They go straight to being deleted for me.
    Edited by Dr_Con on August 18, 2022 2:23AM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule one of RNG: if you go looking for something, you won’t get it. Things only drop when you no longer need them.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    yes very rare
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing every day since launch 2014 and in all that time have found 4, I still have them and plan not to use them as they are that special to me :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played since a month after PC launch.

Found one in a node.

Got one in a jubilee anniversary box.

That's it so far.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    I have 30+ accts
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    I have over 30 accounts

What in the world?!?!?! :open_mouth:
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭