The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

My house had a blackout while I was patching

Flareon
Flareon
I opened up my client, even though it told me NA was still down it decided to patch anyway, I was almost done downloading and then bam, blackout. I started up my computer again and it gave me this: http://puu.sh/8txde.jpg

And now my ESO appears to be broken. Attached is the Consultant report that it advised me to send in.

I tried Repairing, all it did after apparently repairing it was tell me once again that it can't determine the game version. I really don't have the internet to download ESO fully again...
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Try this

- Backup you zenimax folder
    - Check and delete this folder (if there is one) \Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\patchdata.game_player
    - Delete the file \Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\game_player.version
    - Start the launcher, it should download a ~60 mb patch. When it is finished DONT HIT PLAY if it's available
    - Go to game options > hit repair when finish close the launcher
    - Start the launcher
    Options
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    Did it, but still getting the same error...
    Options
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Ok sorry for the delay

same as before don't loose your first backup, try

delete the file Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.version
    - Start the launcher it should show "updating"
    - Repair
    - restart the launcher

I'm gonna try to rebuild the client, installing the launcher and using the "big files". For the moment check if you can play the game with ESO.exe.

if one of your big files is corrupt the launcher should download it again. (probably already did it when you repaired).

/Edit UPDATE

The new installer is "install anywhere".

- Uninstall Elder Scrolls Online

- Download the installer for your account page ~100mb.

- Check your \Zenimax Online folder. It should have a The Elder Scrolls Online folder with ~30gb of data (if there are "launcher" and "uninstall" folders, delete them).
    if the Zenimax online folder is clean restore the The Elder Scrolls Online folder only this folder from the backup.

- Start the Install_ESO.exe installer (recommended: when you install in the "program files" default folder always right click "run as administrator ) follow the steps and install it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\

- it should take a couple of minutes when it's finished -> repair

I tested this in my computer and it worked, I hope this works for you.
    Edited by Laerian on May 1, 2014 8:03AM
    Options
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    I ran it from eso.exe and it appears to be working, thanks!
    Options
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    I ran it from eso.exe and it appears to be working, thanks!

Awesome.

Remember you still need to fix the launcher to get rid of the "unable o determine the current version" error or you wont be able to update the game in the future. To do that, follow the steps below /Edit UPDATE in my previous post.
    Options
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    I have a friend who plays and lives nearby, if I get him to update then copy over his Zenimax Online folder it should work right? Just realised there's no sound in my game but that doesn't matter too much
    Edited by Flareon on May 1, 2014 8:41AM
    Options
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it should work but don't copy over your installation, remember it could have remains of the failed update.

- Just replace your entire "Zenimax Online " in C:\Program Files (x86)\ with the non corrupted "Zenimax Online " folder from your friend.

If that doesn't work. A proper procedure should be:

- Uninstall Elders Scrolls Online
    - Delete anything inside the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\
    - Download the installer for your account page ~100mb.
    - Copy the "The Elder Scrolls Online" folder from your friend computer to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\
    - Install the "Install_ESO.exe" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\
    - Repair
    - Restart the launcher to check that everything is ok, then play
    Options