Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What happens if your spell resistance and physical resistance is equal with tremscale?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Tremorscale:
Increased the duration of this set’s effects to 15 seconds, up from 8.
Increased the cooldown to 10 seconds, up from 8.
Increased the damage done by approximately 4%.
This set now reduces the Armor of the enemy by 8% of the higher of your Physical or Spell Resistance, rather than reducing it by a flat 2395

A reminder of changes
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    One of them will take priority

Will basically be if spell is higher than physical x
    Or if physical is equal to or higher then x
    Edited by festegios on May 21, 2022 10:30AM
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    so with a resistance of 29938 its basically the same amount as before
    Edited by Elrond87 on May 21, 2022 11:04AM
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    festegios wrote: »

Yeah which one is the question or maybe it does both 🤔
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know the answer to your question, but this will be a nerf against anyone but troll tanks. Someone needs 30k resistances for this to even be equal to how it was and Tremorscale applies after debuffs like Major and Minor breech etc. Nobody has 30k resistance or even close after debuffs.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭

Yeah which one is the question or maybe it does both 🤔

As I was trying to say. One will be priority; if spell is highest or equal to physical it will use spell to calculate

Or physical is higher then it will use that.

But if they are even, it will just work and we can just accept it and move on
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I do not know the answer to your question, but this will be a nerf against anyone but troll tanks. Someone needs 30k resistances for this to even be equal to how it was and Tremorscale applies after debuffs like Major and Minor breech etc. Nobody has 30k resistance or even close after debuffs.

Most of my pve tanks have 30k+ resistances. I’m unsure why your saying nobody will have this?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most of my pve tanks have 30k+ resistances. I’m unsure why your saying nobody will have this?

For anyone curious the cap is 33k on both resistances
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think they were saying that the change makes Tremorscale only useful for Tanks. So in PvP, it'll just lend itself to the already rampant Tanky Meta.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like critical and spell/weapon damage now, it will take the higher of the two (edited: as per my post below, this currently only applies to the damage element of the monster set). Whichever one that is.
    For anyone curious the cap is 33k on both resistances
    This is a soft cap. It generally won't have an impact in PvE to go higher as most things which can do Fracture, Sunder, etc., reduce your resistances to 0 (except the two-handers in Rockgrove and some other very rare/niche instances).

To my point, though, this cap is not reflected with Tremorscale.

This is with Fortified Brass (all white, no traits or enchantments), so you can see the stats:
    unod4r2tj23d.png
    ztfhonsrmtqq.png

This is with Major Resolve on top:
    1phueqgvxue3.png
    f2pz05mgnzdp.png

This is with Major Resolve + Master's One-Hand and Shield:
    etwx0syqk7c2.png
    likwtgntoox6.png

Let's fiddle around with my single target heal CP just to eek out a little more from Master's:
    pfspe0v3nvyi.png
    babkb5n4ee2q.png

Oh, right, then there's The Lady mundus stone:
    dpip05sd4jho.png
    keyzhdzuohh4.png

It just keeps going. Bear in mind, white gear, no protective glyphs. You could easily push over 50k resistances.

Now, is there any point? In PvE, not really. The extra 600-800 you gain is offset be the loss of another set to make way for something like Fortified Brass, and the tank gains nothing by being over 33k, which they will be if they use any source of Minor/Major Resolve. Most tanks know that they shouldn't be aiming for 33k without buffs -- and, sadly, I do know a few who think the opposite.

Of course, just like any other stat in this game, there are deminishing returns.
    Edited by Troodon80 on May 22, 2022 9:34PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having looked at this properly, I retract my above statement about it taking the higher of the two. It takes the lower of the two. So to answer the original poster (nothing changes if it's equal, it will take one stat as priority for damage, but currently looks at the lower of the two resistance stats for the debuff) and correct some of the misconception that even I fell into:

You can test this with "Essence of Armor":
    qsnuy2nkt1jr.png

Here's the base: 31,235 (with Fortified Brass as per previous tests above)
    dmn86cqc9ig2.png

Here's using a Spell Resistance potion:
    z8yt8e668yh0.png

bizqk94muh8z.png

So part of what I had previously said was true -- the damage aspect will increase with the higher of the two. However, the resistance debuff will not. I wonder if this was simply an oversight since ZOS has seemingly preferred to go with an "Armor" stat rather than splitting. Poisons also had a similar issue a while back.

See the difference between STAT_ARMOR_RATING, STAT_PHYSICAL_RESIST, and STAT_SPELL_RESIST.

Edited by Troodon80 on May 22, 2022 9:40PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Having looked at this properly, I retract my above statement about it taking the higher of the two. It takes the lower of the two. So to answer the original poster (nothing changes if it's equal, it will take one stat as priority for damage, but currently looks at the lower of the two resistance stats for the debuff) and correct some of the misconception that even I fell into:

You can test this with "Essence of Armor":
    qsnuy2nkt1jr.png

Here's the base: 31,235 (with Fortified Brass as per previous tests above)
    dmn86cqc9ig2.png

Here's using a Spell Resistance potion:
    z8yt8e668yh0.png

bizqk94muh8z.png

So part of what I had previously said was true -- the damage aspect will increase with the higher of the two. However, the resistance debuff will not. I wonder if this was simply an oversight since ZOS has seemingly preferred to go with an "Armor" stat rather than splitting. Poisons also had a similar issue a while back.

See the difference between STAT_ARMOR_RATING, STAT_PHYSICAL_RESIST, and STAT_SPELL_RESIST.

Thanks! Looks like it's a good set to give group debuffs on enemies
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are right. Your comment inticed me to look again and it says "reduces enemy resistance based on your resistance."
    This makes my comment obsolete of course.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.