The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addon Showing Crafting Research Item Counts

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I had an addon that showed how many of an item I was about to craft I had on my character, in the bank and on other characters.

That has gone away for some reason, perhaps I changed settings, dropped the addon, or added another addon that conflicted.

Anyone have an idea on this? The counts were at the bottom of the item description window.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot think of any addon that provides this.
    Maybe Inventory Insight from Ashes was able to do so as it is an addon which collects data about your other not-logged in characters (if you log them in to collect the data!) too.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    I cannot think of any addon that provides this.
    Maybe Inventory Insight from Ashes was able to do so as it is an addon which collects data about your other not-logged in characters (if you log them in to collect the data!) too.

Thanks for the pointer. I had/have that, but I changed something if that was it. I wish I had paid more attention in the past. It was very nice.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inventory insight definitely does this, but im only seeing those counts on the bottom when i hover over an item within the actual inventory insight window, not like in your normal bag/bank/storage

there may be a setting to add that part to every tooltip, but i havent gone in depth on those settings to know for sure
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    inventory insight definitely does this, but im only seeing those counts on the bottom when i hover over an item within the actual inventory insight window, not like in your normal bag/bank/storage

there may be a setting to add that part to every tooltip, but i havent gone in depth on those settings to know for sure

I have tried every setting in that I can. I guess I will keep looking around.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vtuynze4hmzk.png

This is a picture of what I am looking for. It is on for at least some of my characters on PC NA, but not PC EU.

Not sure which addon. I have looked at many settings, but it is probably one I am just looking past.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vtuynze4hmzk.png

This is a picture of what I am looking for. It is on for at least some of my characters on PC NA, but not PC EU.

Not sure which addon. I have looked at many settings, but it is probably one I am just looking past.

I am fairly sure this is some setting in Inventory Insight, since it is shown for PC NA on my account now, but hidden if I disable that addon. I can't find the setting to change however, so it is not shown on PC EU for me.

Does anyone know what the setting is?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnutuoepcp0k.jpg

I must have two addons installed that tell me where items can be found in my inventory. One of them is Inventory Insight.

At the very top you see the recipe is on this character and in a guild bank and above the "no price" entry, a different addon displays all the characters that have the item and the quantity.

But the way this is displayed is different compared to what things look like for you. Sorry, no idea what I changed if I changed anything.

Since my crafting research is completed, I don't know about any specifics regarding research items. Sorry again.
    Edited by joerginger on May 30, 2022 5:28PM
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort by Quantity. Best thing since Inventory Insight
    Ray
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vtuynze4hmzk.png

I am fairly sure this is some setting in Inventory Insight, since it is shown for PC NA on my account now, but hidden if I disable that addon. I can't find the setting to change however, so it is not shown on PC EU for me.

Does anyone know what the setting is?

I know this is really old, but I had the problem again after a long break.

It is provided by the Trait Buddy addon.

I had to turn on the setting for the Inventory Insight Addon.

This will put it here in case someone faces this problem in the future, including me!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That KnownBy image is from CharacterKnowledge addon!
    Edited by Baertram on January 6, 2024 10:56AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    That KnownBy image is from CharacterKnowledge addon!

Yes, but you need to enable the Inventory Insight hook to show the icons at the bottom. It took my a bit of work (twice over several years) to find it when it was cleared off.
    PC
    PS4/PS5