The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Lagged Fix for real?

• HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Lag is not gone. I'm playing with my wife on PC NA and we live in EU.

Sorry to deliver bad news for you, but it will always lag for you even with perfect servers, because internet connection from continents isn't good enough for action games.

Higher ping yes of course. But never good enough for action games? Wrong. ~100 ping in shooters, mmos and all kind of other multiplayer games when connecting from EU to NA.
    ESO EU to NA ~200-300++.

EU to EU other games close to a lan ping of under ~10-50 max.
    ESO EU to EU ~90-150++.

Badly optimized games make the exception of being worse than ESO and not just regarding ping but game performance in general. But I rarely play badly optimized games with ESO being the exception. No offense ZoS.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not perfect. In prime time, I'd say its just a bit better than before the first year of performance patch; ironically. But it definitely is a hell of a lot better than it was a week ago.
    Options
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »
    @Dagoth_Rac ikr. Which infuriates me. I'm fairly sure they would be able to buy new servers from the money they get from PvP players. Yet they chose to ignore all the issues and let the population dwim.

I would guess that the investment in new hardware is dwarvened by the money they spilled into the rewriting of the software.
    I don´t understand this decision either.

That is very true. If they have in fact been "working on it" for the past 5 years, they could have replaced the hardware 4x over already with the money they have spent(wasted) on development time. One devs salary will buy 5 high end servers per year, or 10 mid range ones.

Rewriting code also assumes you now have better coders than you had previously, and the people in charge have been replaced with those with better ideas or methods to achieve a beneficial outcome. Otherwise you will just end up right back in the same place you started.

Edited by Gaeliannas on May 10, 2022 2:15PM
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newer hardware will fix some of the performance issues but like all electronics over time the speed of the device will slow down, give it 3 months and if it’s still smooth maybe they fixed for real with software and hardware upgrades.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on May 16, 2022 12:31AM
    Options
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newer hardware will fix some of the performance issues but like all electronics over time the speed of the device will slow down, give it 3 months and if it’s still smooth maybe they fixed for real with software and hardware upgrades.

Electronic devices don't slow down over time. They only seem to run slower because people keep loading more and more junk and malware on them. Rebuild a 10 year old PC from scratch with the same OS today, and it will run just as well as it did the day you bought it as long as it isn't actually broken.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

Electronic devices don't slow down over time. They only seem to run slower because people keep loading more and more junk and malware on them. Rebuild a 10 year old PC from scratch with the same OS today, and it will run just as well as it did the day you bought it as long as it isn't actually broken.

Well let's just hope the Devs keep Limewire off the new servers
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game will slow down over time as the game continues to grow and expand with new content, gear, store items, new players etc...

Options
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game will slow down over time as the game continues to grow and expand with new content, gear, store items, new players etc...

Generally not for most companies, just here. Most companies actually buy more hardware to run their stuff when they add more load to their servers. The exception being when you had spare compute to begin with, in which case you don't need to. As was readily apparent in ESO, they didn't upgrade for 8 years and didn't have spare computing power either, so the game came near to a grinding halt before they decided to finally do something about it.

Edited by Gaeliannas on May 19, 2022 11:08PM
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it going? Still running better?
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

yes cyr running flawlessly 24/7
    Options
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lag is creeping back in slowly, i've noticed some skill delay again.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lag is creeping back in slowly, i've noticed some skill delay again.

Yeah; it is the first week without a maintenance though. So I hope once a maintenance happens it will be refreshed.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope it continues to remain adequate even if not perfect….. there’s hope for us European players!!!!
    Options