The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RAVENWATCH PC NA - Time for Proc Sets to Return

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrianEno wrote: »
    I completely disagree.
    There are already two campaigns with proc sets enabled, play on these campaigns if it's the playstyle you're looking for.
    If defensive sets are the problem, disable all procs and leave only stat sets. No problem.

Some people want to play no cp cyro with procs and we currently have no campaign for that so this mindset of just goto greyhost or blackreach isn't even valid since those are also cp camps while i agree some ppl may want a no proc camp i would argue its a minority going off population of raven ever since its set removal compared to other camps

Side note on the people saying the removal of proc sets was to help performance the devs already said after the cyro tests that this had no impact on performance at all they left it in because the initial public response to this was positive
    Edited by J18696 on May 20, 2022 12:37AM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    BrianEno wrote: »
    I completely disagree.
    There are already two campaigns with proc sets enabled, play on these campaigns if it's the playstyle you're looking for.
    If defensive sets are the problem, disable all procs and leave only stat sets. No problem.

Some people want to play no cp cyro with procs and we currently have no campaign for that so this mindset of just goto greyhost or blackreach isn't even valid since those are also cp camps while i agree some ppl may want a no proc camp i would argue its a minority going off population of raven ever since its set removal compared to other camps

Side note on the people saying the removal of proc sets was to help performance the devs already said after the cyro tests that this had no impact on performance at all they left it in because the initial public response to this was positive

RW population didn't suffer due to the loss of procs. Many groups said they'd leave, but all but 2 stayed (or returned after a week or two). Just as it is right now, groups are threatening to leave and just playing outside of prime-time because all of a sudden it's AD winning, and team purple can't muster the numbers so many would rather not fight at all (although I personally wish they could get the numbers).

Second, you have bgs if you want procs and no-CP. There is no reason to take away the ONLY place people can go to avoid the disgusting meta of dark convergence/plaguebreak, and doing so will hurt the RW population more, as people have expressed in this thread. Many people are only still playing PvP BECAUSE there's a way to escape these sets. There is no skill in running those sets whatsoever, and while it can be countered/avoided to a limited extent at the top of the skill cap, it completely negates a large skill gap which is obvious in RW, especially now that lag is gone.

Third, you are absolutely not the majority in wanting procs to be in RW. Read this thread. There are 6 people supporting the return of proc sets, including you. There are 15 in favor of keeping them out of our campaign. Counting unique people, not messages.

I, and many others as depicted in this thread, cannot support anything close to a return to proc meta for Ravenwatch so long as no-skill sets reign supreme, and everyone in the proc-enabled campaigns runs one of literally 3 sets (2 listed above + rush of agony). They negate skill in positioning and playstyle, and simply encourage people to build so tanky that whole groups can't kill them, leading to the stalemates you see across GH with no one pushing without a zerg as you'll just get your siege burned while no one can kill anyone if you push in a small group.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    No Cp ravenwatch was the favorite campaign of me and my wife years ago. No-CP is much closer on being balanced than cp could ever be. We dislike all the oneshot bombing going on with dark convergance and plagequbreak with passion. But after the no-proc ruleset we switched to cp campaigns regardless. Outside of these two proc sets, all the rest of the proc sets are not worth it anymore anyways. Absolutely unreasonable to not add a No-CP + proc ruleset campaign again. Yes you will have bombs. But no, it won't even be nearly as bad as it is in cp campaigns. Since its the one place, where bomb groups are literally unkillable. In No-Cp even a duo can reliably take out anyone. CP's carry. And only pb and dc are the main problems out of all procsets.

+1 for a return to proc sets in No-CP !!!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total +1 for Procs to return to no CP. I loved Ravenwatch before it was tampered with and absolutely want a regular proc and no cp campaign again.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We dislike all the oneshot bombing going on with dark convergance and plagequbreak with passion. But after the no-proc ruleset we switched to cp campaigns regardless. Outside of these two proc sets, all the rest of the proc sets are not worth it anymore anyways. Absolutely unreasonable to not add a No-CP + proc ruleset campaign again. Yes you will have bombs. But no, it won't even be nearly as bad as it is in cp campaigns. Since its the one place, where bomb groups are literally unkillable. In No-Cp even a duo can reliably take out anyone. CP's carry. And only pb and dc are the main problems out of all procsets.

Wouldn't no cp just make proc meta worse? Because you no longer have mitigation/cp's and therefore weaker builds are significantly weaker than they would've been with cp and therefore proc builds are worse? Like you said cp is a carry and removing it just creates an inverse situation where procs are worse when you take them away from certain people who are more susceptible to proc cheese. Like no more slippery, armor buff, CP that gives major protection, etc etc.

No CP is harder pvp than CP is and that just makes proc builds more effective because people no longer have crutches to help them.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not until the server upgrades come to EU as well.

I was initially an opponent of Ravenwatch turning no-proc, and I still think it is implemented in a clunky manner, but for whatever reason, the server performance there is now at a level where I can mostly accept it, even when all 3 alliances are locked. I'm not sure if this is even directly related to the set restrictions, as the performance during the initial server tests was no different, but perhaps it did cause some changes in the player base that helped the performance. So while I sometimes miss the build variety I enjoy in Gray Host, it feels good to have a campaign I can go to where I can play even during weekends without having a miserable time because nothing works.

Another advantage is that Ravenwatch is a relatively stable place that is safe from most of the wild shifts in balance and crazy sets that turns Gray Host upside down every patch. As someone who does not enjoy grinding new gear/updating my playstyle all the time, I enjoy having this option.

Just my 2 cents, but it would be fun to do some old school bombing in Ravenwatch again.
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on June 9, 2022 9:46AM
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Total +1 for Procs to return to no CP. I loved Ravenwatch before it was tampered with and absolutely want a regular proc and no cp campaign again.

This ^
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    I concur, we need procs back in Raven. Notice how the only ones here saying they don't want it are those who roll in the AD 60 stack. VD would equalize the pop numbers, and in the future the same would apply when it's DC or EP full zerging down the map.

[snip] just give us VD lol.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 20, 2022 5:58PM
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mega_Nova wrote: »
    With the lag improving due to the server upgrades I, among others, believe that it is time for the Non CP campaign to return to its roots of uniqueness allowing proc sets.

There are multiple reasons for this.

1. The current meta with no proc sets basically has everyone running a high defensive build using sets allowed such as pariah. Its a win all without any offensive sets allowed.

2. Facing larger numbers than your own can almost be near impossible without sets such as VD or some Monster Helms, it becomes one sided constantly if a faction just has more people. There is no counter play against numbers

3. With the unbalance of factions the campaign doesnt attract any new players wanting to get into pvp. We use to see an influx of newer players due to their low CP. With the lack of proc sets, and nothing to view outside of peoples forum posts or images, newer players tend not to waste their time gearing for the specific rules in this campaign.

Can we please have proc sets back into non cp? We have gone on long enough without and those of us who love the non cp gameplay are losing the ability to enjoy it when every patch we dont see the meta changes the CP campaigns enjoy.

Please agree or comment if you want this to happen. Lets hope this can change with the release of High Isle. Thanks. 😁

Nope. How about:

1. Fix meta, staking mitigation must go away in pvp.
    2. Let small groups have a greater impact on the map, big groups will become obsolete when a group of 3 can quickly undo what a zerg just did. Hint: convert some keeps into towns.
    3. Again let smaller groups have an impact on the map and the campaign will not be empty. Right now 2 out of 3 factions log out completely when one faction takes over by number of players.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    With the lag improving due to the server upgrades I, among others, believe that it is time for the Non CP campaign to return to its roots of uniqueness allowing proc sets.

1. The current meta with no proc sets basically has everyone running a high defensive build using sets allowed such as pariah. Its a win all without any offensive sets allowed.

2. Facing larger numbers than your own can almost be near impossible without sets such as VD or some Monster Helms, it becomes one sided constantly if a faction just has more people. There is no counter play against numbers

3. With the unbalance of factions the campaign doesnt attract any new players wanting to get into pvp. We use to see an influx of newer players due to their low CP. With the lack of proc sets, and nothing to view outside of peoples forum posts or images, newer players tend not to waste their time gearing for the specific rules in this campaign.

Can we please have proc sets back into non cp? We have gone on long enough without and those of us who love the non cp gameplay are losing the ability to enjoy it when every patch we dont see the meta changes the CP campaigns enjoy.

Please agree or comment if you want this to happen. Lets hope this can change with the release of High Isle. Thanks. 😁

“….Let small groups have a greater impact on the map, big groups will become obsolete when a group of 3 can quickly undo what a zerg just did.”

“Again let smaller groups have an impact on the map….”

How would you have small groups have a larger impact?
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

“….Let small groups have a greater impact on the map, big groups will become obsolete when a group of 3 can quickly undo what a zerg just did.”

“Again let smaller groups have an impact on the map….”

How would you have small groups have a larger impact?

Many ways to do it. For example here is one: Adjust the speed of flag flipping. 10 players can flip 2 flags in no time. While it takes a considerate amount of time for 2 players to do it.

And I have many more other examples of how we can increase the small group impact on the map. Just no one seems interested in listening.

• blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very clearly needed. Ravenwatch is completely dead. Enable proc sets in ravenwatch. You can only use a handful of sets in there right now, and nobody wants to play it as is. CP pvp is just tanks, gankers, and insane healing. The lag is no longer an issue, so if that is why the sets were disabled, it's not needed anymore. No CP pvp is great, and I would play in it without the proc sets right now if it wasn't dead. But it doesn't look like people are gonna play it until you can use more than just a dozen sets.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are awesome right now and having set restrictions on a campaign just makes no one want to play in it. If BGs have no restrictions and are great then why does Ravenwatch have these restrictions? This campaign will flourish if ZOS just removes these rules.
  • ArdenLightBringer
    I seem to be playing in some different BGs than everyone else then, every game I get in gets stalled out so hard and nobody dies, unless there is a third worse team that gets farmed. I would rather not have such a stall meta.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    BGs seem to come at 3 levels, low mmr everyone is bad and you stomp. Mid mmr people tend to use plague break and dc, but aren't necessarily good if you position well or burst them down. They usually run if they don't have their dc bomb ready. High mmr, everyone is finally good and healers can be found. Thereis that 4th mmr, top tier where you meet the bg guild players all the time.. Thats when you start on a new character for that sweet sweet low tier mmr games.
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    How about just going to a campaign with procs and cp instead of complaining about the one
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnicus wrote: »
    How about just going to a campaign with procs and cp instead of complaining about the one

Well; 2 reasons.

There's no campaign that shares the same ruleset as BGs where people can just take there BG build and maybe queue while in

As far as PCNA goes; Ravenwatch is dead as a campaign. You only see one faction running up a 20k lead with emp and smothering the map if anyone does show up. Really, it either needs converted or just shut down as that faction could really use the help in other campaigns that both get locked or near it on the weekends.

Ravenwatch PCNA is a waste of resources and a split of player base with a special ruleset not found anywhere else. If there was truly a desire for the rules, players would have acted in a way to keep it a healthy population.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on July 3, 2022 1:29PM