The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

tips for sets to use while leveling other skill lines

Nasoreas
Nasoreas
Soul Shriven
hi I play as a magica templar , I finished lvling up all the skills i need for my build, i want to focus next on heavy/mid 2h/bow, hope you can recommend me few sets i can use to while leveling them up (Ill change to stamina if needed )
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important thing, if all you're doing is leveling, is to know how experience is distributed. Whenever you gain experience, it will be allocated to the individual skills you have equipped, the skill lines those skills are in, the weapon(s) on your active bar, and the skill lines for each piece of armor you have equipped, proportional to the number of armor pieces of a type equipped.

Some skill lines only gain experience from doing specific things (like reading lore books for the mages guild skill line), and companion experience works a little differently, but for leveling yourself up, just keep the armor/weapons/abilities equipped that you want to level up.

As an example, if I still want to be mostly effective as a magicka templar, but still level up my two-handed skill, I'll just replace an ability I don't use much with a two-handed ability. Even though I won't be able to use the ability, every time I get experience I'll be getting some of it put toward two-handed, without ever having to switch my whole build around. Another common example would be making sure to equip at least one piece of light armor, one piece of medium, and one piece of heavy, and eventually all will get to level 50.

Other than that, just try to make sure your armor and weapons having the training trait on them (crafted armor is great for training) - I recommend finding a grandmaster crafter, and they'll have the knowledge to help you best with your individual situation - and use any experience scrolls/psijic ambrosia/aetherial ambrosia/mythic aetherial ambrosia you have.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the level you are on. If you are sub-50, get a pair of crafted sets, preferably Julianos with either Seducer/Spell Parasite/NMG, or another decent second set. Have all pieces of armor and weapons crafted with the Training trait. Pop an XP scroll. Focus on high-XP, short duration content. Random daily normal dungeons are the best for this. They can be anywhere from 100K to 300K XP without an XP scroll. Plus, it helps level Undaunted.

If you are already over CP 160, then pop an XP scroll, do the random daily normal and the pledges. With the pledges, you can run your magplar build in the content, but switch out the skills for the 2H/Bow skills when you turn in the quest. Same works if you are doing high XP zone storyline quests.

A variation on what @Marginis suggested is I will stack my back bar with all the skills I want to level and keep my front bar full of the basic skills I am going to use in the random normal. Like shards, jabs, Jesus beam, etc. Then when the final boss is at 7-5%, I switch to the back bar to scoop up the big XP drop from completing the random normal.

Edited by El_Borracho on May 17, 2022 10:15PM
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always use crafted Heartland Conqueror with training weapons. You'll get exp much faster that way while leveling skills.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Heartland conqueror in training. It’s a decent set too stat wise. The tip about having a skill on your bar, even if not usable is a great one. Eg. Put one bow skill in your bar that has the 2h equipped and level both skill lines.