Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Crow friend assistants for all the assistant types

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
Love the crows, I would buy the new assistants if they came in Crow form.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding off buying the new assistants because I suspect they will release 'cat' versions next year.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crows are my favorites. <3
    There can never be too many crows.

I thought the cats would be my favorites, but the costumes on them are a tiny bit too silly for me.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 16, 2022 9:07PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my favorite variants are the factotums, but i still got the decon assistant as is now since its the only option available and super handy lol, if/when a factotum version comes along ill get that one
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely deserves to be a crow fence, in the very least. I mean, who better to sell stolen shiny trinkets to?
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES! THE BLACKFEATHER COURT CAMPAIGN MANAGER COSIGNS! 🐦 APPROVE! APPROVE!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    Or just give us a crow pet
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not both?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown assistants have one drawback that the game does not tell you: they can not be used while in Werewolf form (and possibly other transformation ulti too).

It is not a big deal, but one may assume that since other assistants can be used while you are in WW form, that Crows will also be usable, but no.

It is all because of the clipping animation when the Crow lands on your arm when you are in WW form. Instead of fixing the animation on WW or making the Crow just hover in the air, ZOS simply "fixed" it by hiding bugged animation by removing a feature in a hot-fix patch (Yes, it was working for like a month on live server).

Again, not a big deal, but from a technical standpoint it makes Crowns assistants inferior to other assistants, as they all cost the same, but Crows have this "hidden" drawback that limits their functionality in a niche cases.

...On the other hand Crows are awesome ;)
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown assistants have one drawback that the game does not tell you: they can not be used while in Werewolf form (and possibly other transformation ulti too).

It is not a big deal, but one may assume that since other assistants can be used while you are in WW form, that Crows will also be usable, but no.

It is all because of the clipping animation when the Crow lands on your arm when you are in WW form. Instead of fixing the animation on WW or making the Crow just hover in the air, ZOS simply "fixed" it by hiding bugged animation by removing a feature in a hot-fix patch (Yes, it was working for like a month on live server).

Again, not a big deal, but from a technical standpoint it makes Crowns assistants inferior to other assistants, as they all cost the same, but Crows have this "hidden" drawback that limits their functionality in a niche cases.

...On the other hand Crows are awesome ;)

They can't be used on horseback, either. Interacting with them makes you dismount.

When you place them in your home, they sit in place while you talk to them. I don't know why they couldn't implement this feature for werewolf form and horseback.

Don't get me wrong, I yelled very loudly about crow assistants for months until we got them, so I'm pleased as punch that we have them! They definitely need some functional tweaks though.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why not both?

This is the answer