Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theorycrafting Exploiter and Force of Nature- Will they work well enough?

MudcrabAttack
MudcrabAttack
✭✭✭✭
Exploiter:

My interest in this CP lives or dies depending on how well it works in an AOE fight. The way off-balance works you can have it up 7 seconds and down another 15 seconds. For most single target scenarios that last dozens of seconds I would assume it’s limited to around 3% damage over time buff. There will be moments where you can, or should, focus one target down quickly in a matter of seconds, which is where exploiter makes the most sense. Like a warden throwing their bird to quickly take down crystals downstairs in the cloudrest portal

But as far as AOE is concerned, my best guess for use of exploiter would come from a necromancer using their scythe to put everything into an off-balanced state in one swoop. But that kind of limits the application

The only other scenario involves using lightning wall of elements on concussed enemies. Concussed status rarely hits a lot of targets in AOE groups. Maybe someone would wear the livewire set?

Force of Nature

Soloists would have a harder time capitalizing on it, but as long as there are around 3 status effects up it should be about as strong or stronger than the next best source of penetration. The problem is that new poison or flame or hemorrhage effects tend to overwrite the last application of that effect, so there isn’t much AOE debuffing to be had as only one enemy can have the status effect at a time.

For single target damage, any class could stick a pair of glyphs on their weapon to easily obtain poison and/or burning.

Wardens can have hemorrhage from the bear and lots of frost, a little poison and overcharged as well

Nightblade gets sundered, and diseased or overcharged

Sorc would have sundered and some concussed splashing randomly from pets, perhaps overcharged if running magic skills

Necros have a bit of burning from the stalking blastbones morph, some concussed from shocking siphon or disease from the other morphs, sundered and a little frost

For organized groups force of nature makes sense with single target, since so many conditions will be proccing during a fight. As for AOE fighting, it’s still not that much, as far as I can tell. Maybe someone will have to run alkosh, and if your group is already running alkosh for AOE, might as well keep it on for single targets and slot some other CP than Force of Nature
Edited by MudcrabAttack on May 16, 2022 7:12PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exploiter is weak imo. Off balance was once highly sought after when Exploiter was a passive from CP, but compared to slotting a CP that will just boost your damage all the time it's just not good.

Force of nature is great. It's another option for a full medium build to hit the pen cap in PvE without too much sacrifice. This means we can in theory lean harder into a max weapon/spell damage build with 7pc medium and skill passives.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Exploiter is weak imo. Off balance was once highly sought after when Exploiter was a passive from CP, but compared to slotting a CP that will just boost your damage all the time it's just not good.

Force of nature is great. It's another option for a full medium build to hit the pen cap in PvE without too much sacrifice. This means we can in theory lean harder into a max weapon/spell damage build with 7pc medium and skill passives.

I agree with this. With exploiter you have to drop something else, and the next best thing you might drop is giving approximately 3% damage buff all the time. Exploiter has a conditional requirement where you either hope someone else is keeping it up with amazing uptime or you have to put it into effect yourself, all for a 3.1% damage buff in a long fight.

And what if the exploiter multiplier is watered down by the other multipliers?

I haven’t checked myself, but if it’s additive to the other multipliers in the game like slayer, master at arms and berserk, it’s only giving something like 2.5% average damage. Even the nerfed fighting finesse gives approximately 3% damage buff if you have around 65% crit rating. Either way I’d still not be using exploiter 99% of the time even if it added a real 3.1%.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on May 18, 2022 1:49PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the new CP really matters. I can’t speak to PvP because I don’t play it, but PvE damage is so high right now that all you really have to worry about is survivability and time on target. It’s doesn’t really matter how high damage is when you don’t understand the target priority or the mechs that go with it. New CP and CP balance changes are the same thing every time just a shiny new wrapper.