The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Anyone tested crystal weapon for magisorc?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
Just would like to know that can magick socerer use crystal weapon as a spamble spell?
If so I think it would be better than fragment
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is far better than Crystal Frags. You will need to build for some stamina sustain to use it. Dark deal and some medium armor helps. Then you just alternate between casts of crystal weapon and your Magicka skills.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is far better than Crystal Frags. You will need to build for some stamina sustain to use it. Dark deal and some medium armor helps. Then you just alternate between casts of crystal weapon and your Magicka skills.

Well idk about that. The live version of crystal weapon is better for magica sorcerer than the new one imo.
    Specifically because currently it charges your destro's heavy and light attacks that are already flying.
    That's a very powerful mechanic because it allows you to decide while charging your HA what you do next...you can buff it with crystal or you can reset your curse or you can go defensive....well that won't be the case anymore in the new dlc.
    For example you will start setting up for burst and all that time and resources will be in vain if you are forced to defend yourself.

And if I'm wrong and the new crystal weapon will be good on magsorc then brace for sorcerer bow builds...if you think that bow sorcerers are annoying now then wait for the pts to come live...curse+crystal + bow ulti + pew pew pew + rolldodge streak repeat.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

And if I'm wrong and the new crystal weapon will be good on magsorc then brace for sorcerer bow builds...if you think that bow sorcerers are annoying now then wait for the pts to come live...curse+crystal + bow ulti + pew pew pew + rolldodge streak repeat.

Indeed this. I tested it on the PTS and crystal weapons will be an option for pvp. In pve I already use it on live anyway instead of frags, so that's a straight upgrade. Nothing I came up with rivaled what I could do as a Stamsorc though. The cries about Stamsorc will be deafening. I can think of 10 way how this will be abused.

The bigger question is, how do you even counter Stamsorcs anymore at this point.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Indeed this. I tested it on the PTS and crystal weapons will be an option for pvp. In pve I already use it on live anyway instead of frags, so that's a straight upgrade. Nothing I came up with rivaled what I could do as a Stamsorc though. The cries about Stamsorc will be deafening. I can think of 10 way how this will be abused.

The bigger question is, how do you even counter Stamsorcs anymore at this point.

Can magisorc use it even with this stamina costs?
    You said stamina sorcerer is strong in PVP especially with the crystal weapon buff in this patch , but I was told stamina sorcerer is still not good (almost bottom) among all.Is it kind of abuse?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »

You said stamina sorcerer is strong in PVP especially with the crystal weapon buff in this patch , but I was told stamina sorcerer is still not good (almost bottom) among all.Is it kind of abuse?

You have to use it wisely. I can not spam it at will and this was against a target that doesn't fight back. Add to this the need to dodge, break free, dark deal and you might not be able to sustain it.

I do not know where the impression of Stamsorc being not good comes from. (I heard it often) I am surprised everyone only talks about DKs and Templars. They are annoying, but not nearly as dangerous as Stamsorcs. Battelgrounds are infested with them and my venture into Cyrodiil for the monthly participation didn't paint a different picture.

Why would you say Stamsorc isn't good? I would like to know how people perceive them/us. (I am hardly a pure Magsorc anymore)
    Edited by Dracane on May 15, 2022 3:53AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well idk about that. The live version of crystal weapon is better for magica sorcerer than the new one imo.
    Specifically because currently it charges your destro's heavy and light attacks that are already flying.
    That's a very powerful mechanic because it allows you to decide while charging your HA what you do next...you can buff it with crystal or you can reset your curse or you can go defensive....well that won't be the case anymore in the new dlc.
    For example you will start setting up for burst and all that time and resources will be in vain if you are forced to defend yourself.

I already use crushing weapon on my bowblade. Being able to hit twice with the sorc ability will be pretty strong.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamsorc has poor healing compared to the other classes.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really Mag vs Stam anymore. It’s just “Sorc” now lol.

Crystal Weapon is the better morph. You’re getting double damage of a spammable.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not serious are you? lol.
    katorga wrote: »

Coupled with bad (in combat) sustain that is typically managed by Dark Deal which has a cast time (so it's used with LOS or after being CC'ed) and can be interupted. You want to kill any stam sorc, kill their momentum and understand they typically rely on weaving in and out of combat, relying on evasion for defence instead of brute force.

DK's are strong, but the reason they take me out so fast is Fossilze. Being forced to burn 8k or more stamina, coupled with slows on their Ardent Flame skills and Leap ignoring CC immunity, they're Stam Sorc murderers. Similar scenario for Templar's due to their sustain and slows.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭

You're not serious are you? lol.

Coupled with bad (in combat) sustain that is typically managed by Dark Deal which has a cast time (so it's used with LOS or after being CC'ed) and can be interupted. You want to kill any stam sorc, kill their momentum and understand they typically rely on weaving in and out of combat, relying on evasion for defence instead of brute force.

DK's are strong, but the reason they take me out so fast is Fossilze. Being forced to burn 8k or more stamina, coupled with slows on their Ardent Flame skills and Leap ignoring CC immunity, they're Stam Sorc murderers. Similar scenario for Templar's due to their sustain and slows.

So is this the still the situation in PTS even after nerfs of dk and templar
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say it's poor, but more bad design because attacking to heal is not really possible on many builds. Add in that it must be a crit, and most of Arenas or PvP I spend rolling getting healed by poison arrow and other DoT instead of fighting.

Stam sorc don't have the defense power to actually make use of the skill IMO, but I do admit with bloodthirst, briar, life steal, etc. it is manageable, but being pushed to slot specific gear and/or skills to alleviate a design problem isn't really a good thing and isn't balanced IMO.

And since ZOS loves nerfing crit so much, it's becoming a problem because you have to invest more and more every patch to keep your crit rate high enough to benefit from surge.

And yes, you can slot matriarch, but 2 bars is "2 much" to sacrifice for a heal IMO and won't work with all builds.

Slotting resto on the class is also somewhat bad since the class lacks any real offensive skills on the stam side, unlike templar , DK, warden, necro, NB...