The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplars - High Isle (updated discussion)

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably won't bother with living darks heal relying on direct damage when I can just stack RR and Vigor which now will have higher HPS and can recover without being hit.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm re-thinking my initial gut response to the changes to Living Dark - I like that it won't have to be refreshed as often.

I am well aware that Resto and Regen is an excellent back bar choice but was wondering if any of you is having much success with Sword and shield. I am contemplating trying vigor whilst remaining a magplar.

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I'm re-thinking my initial gut response to the changes to Living Dark - I like that it won't have to be refreshed as often.

I am well aware that Resto and Regen is an excellent back bar choice but was wondering if any of you is having much success with Sword and shield. I am contemplating trying vigor whilst remaining a magplar.

The hybridization changed everything. It is almost as if whatever resource you have more of is what are considered.
    Some magplars runs jabs over sweeps
    Some stamplars use purifying light over potl
    And so on.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All Templars run spell power glyphs because they get minor sorcery from the Dawn's Wrath tree. Thus, the obvious choice is Purifying Light for stamplars and magplars as PL is only buffed by spell power at the moment. Personally, I much prefer my Stamplar atm. And it's more of a Stamplar because I use Biting Jabs and Stampede. But I also use a resto back bar with regeneration. Interestingly enough, I do not use Living Dark. But I likely will come next patch once it lasts for 12 secs.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run sword and board on one of my builds current patch but resto is better in every way and even that build will be switched next patch. Heavy attack to get resources, passives, etc. And I can't justify running any s+b skills other than maaaaybe the ulti. If shield could have unique traits/glyphs like regen then maybe I'd consider it again.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

I run sword and board on one of my builds current patch but resto is better in every way and even that build will be switched next patch. Heavy attack to get resources, passives, etc. And I can't justify running any s+b skills other than maaaaybe the ulti. If shield could have unique traits/glyphs like regen then maybe I'd consider it again.

yep yep yep ....tried it today.......not good at all and I can't be bothered to re-think my build to fit sword and board
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    the ulti is the only reason for snb. And most of the time enough reason, I really like it on my magplar. Feels almost like corrosive...
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    the ulti is the only reason for snb. And most of the time enough reason, I really like it on my magplar. Feels almost like corrosive...

Fair point and it’s rather cheap: I could even fit the javelin in

Anyone tried iron blood? Deltia has a build out with war maiden and ironblood
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on May 7, 2022 3:58PM
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Only way to play magplar - especially this patch, is full SD. With the change to bubble coming it makes it slightly less effective but I quite like the change. Long sustained HoT rather than basically a god-tier shield it is atm, like 3k heal every 0.5s.

So I run Magma, Rallying DW front, Olo resto back, 1x markyn, 1x trainee. 4/1/2
    Atro mundus
    3x SD jewelry, infused or as many swift as you like
    Spell power pots

I'd you have another rallying in group can swap it out for Clever (biggest burst), War Maiden (doesn't buff backbar or healing).
    I guess honourable mention is always Wretched Vitality as it can carry sustain if you like using max stat food or damage mundus
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quo
    Kaysha wrote: »

Fair point and it’s rather cheap: I could even fit the javelin in

Anyone tried iron blood? Deltia has a build out with war maiden and ironblood

If you don't mind moving at turtle speeds go for it. I hated how slow I moved with that gear set.

I am thinking of moving over to war maiden. I'm currently using spinners and have around 15K pen. If I go war maiden I know my pen will drop a bit but I would get a nice boost to my spell damage for my magicka abilities. The question is does losing 3.5K Pen and gaining 600 spell damage really make that much of a difference in damage out when my buffed damage is already 5.8K spell damage?
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot have fun and run War Maiden. The loss in healing potency is a cutting edge in competitiveness.

Full spell damage Magplar and hitting close to 9k threshold is the choice for me, or hitting 10+ in group at Overland Cyro.

Heals baby...
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on May 11, 2022 12:03AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot have fun and run War Maiden. The loss in healing potency is a cutting edge in competitiveness.

Full spell damage Magplar and hitting close to 9k threshold is the choice for me, or hitting 10+ in group at Overland Cyro.

Heals baby...

Didn’t the last patch cap off our damage and healing from spell/weapon damage to 9k? As for spell damage, anything above 6k really seems to not really buff damage as much as going from 4K to 6k. In fact anything above 4K isn’t as much of an increase as going penetration. I find going full pen 20-25k+ before balorg at 200+ ultimate allows me to damage even the high resistance character rather easily.

I have been running Stuhn and spinners and can usually kill targets rather easily.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there an intentional change somewhere I missed that channeled focus does not refresh its duration when recast? Or is it a bug? because it certainly is not refreshing on my character

EDIT: Yet right after I posted this, its now working while doing the exact same thing. Weird.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on May 18, 2022 12:31AM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey fellow Magplars: we seem to be rather quiet on the forum so I shall regenerate this thread and update each other now that High Isle is in play.

I'm focussed on a duelling build. I'm thinking Serpent Coil, Ironblood, Engine Guardian/Magma and something like Rallying Cry? any tips?

For open world I'm a little lost: I'm still using Soulshine, Rallying Cry, + Markyn, Engine Guardian but I really want to try something else. What are you guys running?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75 I have 3 builds with Oaken atm, posted those in
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609451/did-you-try-ganking-on-other-classes-than-nb

One is gank build that is good against single/several opponents, one is bomb build that is good vs big number of opponents, one is support build mashing healing ultimate to support a good group (and regen ulti fast for next bomb).

Neither of them are dueling builds tho. If opponent survives acuity interval, surviving 25s vs good opponent is tough. Probably can swap Deadly for something that will help surviving in-between.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still haven’t jumped on the Mechanical Acuity train. I need to start messing with it.