The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player target dummy

BulletMagnetX
BulletMagnetX
✭✭✭
Would it be possible to release a target dummy with a stat line resembling common PVP player character types? So that we can experiment with ways of overcoming their defences in an environment in which we are not simply dying immediately and running back to the same slaughter. You can't really gather data or practice when the skill differences deny actual participation.
Molag's balls!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people will probably tell you to duel with a friend on the PTS but I still think this is a reasonable request for an item.

Give the user an option to toggle its starting resistances and perhaps what named buffs it has active.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    I think a human skeleton dummy with those stats would be great. I still want a target dummy that fights back though, I think that would be more useful for a 'would-be' tanks like me to practice on, and I guess it would give new meaning to the work 'dummy' if they did! Not sure if you tried the target dummy from the link below, and is the weakest (321.8K health) one available and it is free:

https://lovelynorth.com/precursor-target-dummy/

Also, there are skeletal target dummies you can purchase from guild stores etc

Best.
    Edited by PDarkBHood on May 15, 2022 1:45PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is defining what is a “common” PvP player. Not only will that differs between players but also changes with each patch.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    The issue is defining what is a “common” PvP player. Not only will that differs between players but also changes with each patch.

for me what i would see as an avg pvper would be 30-35k hp, resist caps, and probably 1500-2000 crit resist, and while you were engaged in combat with this dummy it would also apply battle spirit to you too

the only other way is to make the target dummy configurable to set specific hp, armor, crit resist, and an auto healing amount (at a basic level just a certain heal per sec so its easier to code for the devs, or more complex heal per sec with a burst heal every 2 sec under 50% hp)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customizable dummy stats might be asking a bit much, but that would really solve any potential difficulties with a player-like dummy.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.