The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No proc cyrodiil magblade

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me start off by saying I don’t have much experience playing this yet at all, but I’m excited because I had literally just time enough to give it a test run and it’s surprisingly… okay. It’s very different from my normal builds. I’ll need some advice for the last tweaks.

Remembering that it’s no proc cyrodiil and therefore nocp either…

Head: shalks (heavy) reinforced
Shoulders: molag Kena light… impen or divines, forget
Chest, legs, feet, belt, hands: black rose, all heavy, almost all reinforced.
Neck, 1 ring: shalks with spell damage glyphs
Mythic ring: pale order, infused reduce spell cost.

Shalks charged inferno staff
Shalks powered resto staff

Sugar skulls food.
Atronach mundus
Using alliance spell power pots at the moment
High elf
Vampire stage 3

Now I went into this with a couple goals in mind. Namely I wanted to have decent healing and largish hp… I also wanted to sustain even though I’m wearing so much heavy armor.

So that’s why I’m wearing the armor of the black rose… I’m basically trying to find alternative sources of regen. I’m using siphoning strikes for magic regen, the black rose buffed constitution passive for mag and stam regen, frontbarring the soul harvest ultimate for stam and mag return on light attacks, and of course the single infused reduce cost glyph that makes mistforming around… pretty darn not bad actually. Oh, and since I’m using the charged trait on my staff and doing a fair amount of magic damage I hopefully have decent uptime on minor magical steal also. And the high elf passive is returning… stam I think?

Stats? Roooughly… 32kHp, 20k stam, 30k mag… 30k resists… 1k mag recovery, just a little over 5k spell damage.

Skill bars destro: dark cloak (the healing morph,) mist form, ambush, force pulse (the one that interrupts,) relentless focus (took the stam version I think? Wanted to proc some minor defile… soul harvest ultimate

Resto: shade (teleport morph,) siphoning strikes, healthy offering (took the minor mending morph,) vigor, rapid regen.

So… any comments are welcome, sorry if that was super long and poorly organized. I like it a lot after my first try and look forward to tinkering the littl stuff to get it right.

Tanky ness and self healing are good. Mag sustain is easy. Stam sustain is actually a slight problem… might go to leeching strikes instead of siphoning who knows it might be that easy. Mobility isn’t bad… I’m slow but ranged, have a gap closer, and mist form. The damage isn’t great but I apply a lot of status effects by using force pulse so that’s why it was my first choice for a spammable. Ambush was a dumb attempt at getting some physical damage (possible minor breach,) and minor vulnerability. Possibly could find more damage elsewhere.

So that’s what I got guys and gals… my thoughts are… find something to do good damage instead of ambush, possibly replace black rose for a heavy armor damage set, and uh… yeah, kick butt.

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think pale order doesn't work in no proc, so I'd consider switching the mythic, but the rest of the gear sounds mostly fine.
    Though I would probably switch ambush back to lotus fan. In my opinion instead of slotting ambush for a chance at minor breach, use a sharpened weapon as you get more penetration than minor breach gives anyway, plus they can purge minor breach as well making it not super reliable. I think the aoe DoT plus vulnerability modifier makes up for it.

Maybe adding Markyn can help to make up for some of the damage you lack. Though tbh I think on magblade you don't need charged and maybe sharpened might be more efficient since nightblade can push decent penetration due to having passives for it

I'd consider using swallow soul over crushing shock as well, I don't think you need an interrupt when you can always slot aspect of terror which is an AoE hard cc, like if you see someone reviving you can fear them out of a revive.

Those are my two cents, though I don't play in no proc on my magblade, I do run no proc gear sets and I have success with no proc setups in proc enabled
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xDeusEJRx I think ambush gives minor vulnerability also, and this is largely a single target build. Do you have another skill entirely you might recommend instead of just changing morphs? Maybe try one of the marks instead or one of the weakness to elements that way I could have more penetration but still use charged trait? I feel like if I stopped using charged then I wouldn’t want force pulse then I’d probably be using concealed weapon or arterial burst and then I might as well duel wield instead of inferno. Not trying to change the build that much. Do you not think charged is viable?

Also, if anybody else can tell me if pale order works or not in no cp… thought they pretty much all did.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @xDeusEJRx I think ambush gives minor vulnerability also, and this is largely a single target build. Do you have another skill entirely you might recommend instead of just changing morphs? Maybe try one of the marks instead or one of the weakness to elements that way I could have more penetration but still use charged trait? I feel like if I stopped using charged then I wouldn’t want force pulse then I’d probably be using concealed weapon or arterial burst and then I might as well duel wield instead of inferno. Not trying to change the build that much. Do you not think charged is viable?

Also, if anybody else can tell me if pale order works or not in no cp… thought they pretty much all did.

My rational is that, there's not any reason to use charged if you're using crushing shock (interrupt version) charged is good for force pulse morph cause you proc the extra damage off force pulse, but crushing shock doesn't have that added damage. Making charged not very useful for that morph, which in that case swallow soul would be better than crushing shock.

Weakness to elements would be good too, most likely better than mark target because mark can only be applied to 1 target, meanwhile weakness has no target limit. Also I reccomended lotus fan because it has more added pressure, ambush is just an initial damage and debuff, lotus is initial damage, debuff and AoE dot pressure which I feel should help to alleviate lack of damage problem.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn’t take the interrupt version because I wanted an interrupt I took it because I didn’t see the benefit in doing cleave damage on an otherwise single target pvp build. Now… I’ll have to think about it. If I take your advice and try lotus fan then I would have a new reason and synergy for the splash damage. And could just use soul tether instead of soul harvest on my front bar…. Put soul harvest bb so I can still light attack for resources.

Hmm, yes, this might be good thanks for the advice. Going to be sticking with the charged trait for a while though… never used it before, just wanna have a little fun.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think shalks is better with harvest front bar and resto ulti back bar. On the one hand it's so much pressure on the other hand makes you a lot harder to kill.

I'd consider dropping a gap closer altogether to get more pen or crit. And just use a shock glyph unless there's some poison you're attached to.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on May 16, 2022 6:57PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile