Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Occult Overload Buff?

neferpitou73
neferpitou73
✭✭✭✭✭
Are we really sure we want this to go live? This seems like a poorly thought out change that's going disproportionately benefit organized groups. VD right now on our current builds hits for around 7-8k per hit. The buffed Occult Overload hits for 12.8k unresisted, unblockable damage per hit. In combo with VD one death is going to wipe an entire group. Heck, we can probably even shift away from VD if we wanted and make all of our other skills hit harder.

I suppose this would benefit solo bombers tho, which might be nice after the mech acuity nerf hit them hard.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll get nerfed pretty quick if one NB ganker can wipe an entire 12 man with one heavy attack.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the one thing about occult overload is it requires the target to be under the effect of a status effect when they die for it to actually proc, so it may not chain as much as you might expect, the only reason VD chains is because the VD killed someone procing another VD

so in order for occult to chain like VD, each target in range would also require being under a status effect when the occult killed them

it might be more effective with certain builds such as unleashed terror on 2h stampeder, unleashed will hit everything in range of the initial stampede, and reapplies hemorrhaging on each tick to keep a status effect up

other effective single target hits would be snipe (guaranteed poison), caluurion (guaranteed status effect on hit), and NB surprise attack (guaranteed sunder)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, Charged wins again, from what I can see
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the one thing about occult overload is it requires the target to be under the effect of a status effect when they die for it to actually proc, so it may not chain as much as you might expect, the only reason VD chains is because the VD killed someone procing another VD

so in order for occult to chain like VD, each target in range would also require being under a status effect when the occult killed them

it might be more effective with certain builds such as unleashed terror on 2h stampeder, unleashed will hit everything in range of the initial stampede, and reapplies hemorrhaging on each tick to keep a status effect up

other effective single target hits would be snipe (guaranteed poison), caluurion (guaranteed status effect on hit), and NB surprise attack (guaranteed sunder)

I mean then it's just a direct buff to ball groups and not solo bombers. You can easily get status effects to proc on opponents if you're in a ball group.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be oblivion damage.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean then it's just a direct buff to ball groups and not solo bombers. You can easily get status effects to proc on opponents if you're in a ball group.

if you wanted to chain proc it, then yeah a larger group of people (zerg or ball group) will be able to apply status effects on more people, 1 person dying could potentially quickly lead to a chain reaction especially since status effects are a lot more prevalent especially with elemental weakness that lasts a solid minute and applies status effects every 6 seconds
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    If Sorc or NB it is balance !!!

Current live :
    https://youtu.be/2b9QdeqEGaI

It hits 1.5 times HARDER than not nerfed HA builds - but it is Sorc so all is OK - even if it will hit 100500k - whyle it is sorc it is OK.

But they NERF ... PVE HA BUILDS !!!

They nerf DK !!!

With all this stuff - sorcs and NB was so bad living ... .

Whyle overpowered PVP builds ... working pretty fine.

This is current live from starting PTS too ... .
    https://youtu.be/s_wkhK2C-jk

What will start when people start to use not PVE but real PVP HA builds in PVP - now it is not often use by sport reason.

Return our PVE sets !!!
    Edited by Succuby on May 12, 2022 10:13PM
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    And ... yes about 20k PENETRATION !!! It is nord not even all skills learned.

And it is current live build. Or they want power it up even more ? Did not read last depresion pots.
    Edited by Succuby on May 12, 2022 10:35PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Succuby wrote: »
    If Sorc or NB it is balance !!!

Current live :
    https://youtu.be/2b9QdeqEGaI

It hits 1.5 times HARDER than not nerfed HA builds - but it is Sorc so all is OK - even if it will hit 100500k - whyle it is sorc it is OK.

But they NERF ... PVE HA BUILDS !!!

They nerf DK !!!

With all this stuff - sorcs and NB was so bad living ... .

Whyle overpowered PVP builds ... working pretty fine.

This is current live from starting PTS too ... .
    https://youtu.be/s_wkhK2C-jk

What will start when people start to use not PVE but real PVP HA builds in PVP - now it is not often use by sport reason.

Return our PVE sets !!!

You are trying to compare the damage of an ultimate to a regular heavy attack... In a thread about a CP slottables that is very (too) strong.
    Edited by jaws343 on May 13, 2022 12:39AM