The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GH PC NA Why is AD obsessed with DC?

• DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    The person mentioned above said they wanted EP to win the campaign and had promised his "guild" that he would help. The reason he left AD to go to DC was because an AD guild had the temerity to take an EP scroll against his wishes.

I personally do not believe any of this. None of his actions led to helping EP win the campaign. And he was just as frustrated by the double teaming that DC and EP had towards AD this campaign. I ran with him in his group multiple times. He was overall strategy focused on getting back AD keeps, would keep filling up this group when others left, and would wait till everyone was grouped together or kick those who refused to stay with crown. Moreover, he was fairly patient with all newcomers.

When DC has a point lead, it is only natural to focus DC and not take EP scrolls. It is poor strategy to give EP a reason to focus AD. We would want EP to focus DC, if they would. And if EP doesn't have scrolls, then DC has no real reason to head that way either. But alas, this campaign has been a true purple for most of it. And the argument could be made that regardless of what AD did, both DC and EP would focus us anyways.

I also think a few AD were relentless in negativity towards him. I wish him the best and would welcome him back on AD anytime.

If we're talking about who I think we are, I would concur with this assessment. Even though I mainly go solo, I have joined his group now and then. When I first heard of him, I had judged him based on how he responded to some toxic players. However, since seeing him lead on AD my perspective has changed a lot. He doesn't seem problematic or trying to help other factions. He just does what is best for whatever faction he is on.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Why are you guys attacking someone that actively tries to get things happening on the map during off-peak? This zerglord is probably the one thing that's saved Cyrodiil from being a dead zone for the last few campaigns. I'm excited for him to come DC and train up our pugs.

Cuz thats what they do now.. Just attack eachother, argue, fight and disagree as much as possible and stare at the map waiting for someone "else" todo something.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    I personally do not believe any of this. None of his actions led to helping EP win the campaign.

The amount of times his comments were "just let EP take our scroll its not important" followed by "every hit NIK" was crazy. once the scrolls were gone the keep that we lost was all of a sudden the most important thing on the map.
    Constantly being told "leave ep alone" didnt help and then he turned everyone off when he would hit odd keeps so that ep could undercut and take the scrolls we were apparently aiming to get.. it happened far too many times to be a coincidence
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DizzyMac wrote: »
    I personally do not believe any of this. None of his actions led to helping EP win the campaign.

The amount of times his comments were "just let EP take our scroll its not important" followed by "every hit NIK" was crazy. once the scrolls were gone the keep that we lost was all of a sudden the most important thing on the map.
    Constantly being told "leave ep alone" didnt help and then he turned everyone off when he would hit odd keeps so that ep could undercut and take the scrolls we were apparently aiming to get.. it happened far too many times to be a coincidence

"turned everyone off" is a big claim to make. Because I know many players who spoke positively about him. I heard a lot of people saying that he was actually a really good leader, more than they expected.

Why players hit certain outposts or keeps is mostly strategy or what can possibly be accomplished based on numbers at the time. It might not make sense to you. And to be fair, I do not always agree with the decisions that the crown is making. But to think that he was actively trying to help EP win this campaign by focusing on DC doesn't make sense, especially when DC is in the lead.