The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GH PC NA Why is AD obsessed with DC?

Tiphis
Tiphis
✭✭✭✭
Why are we not even bothering to defend against EP? Most of the time AD just keeps smashing their faces against ash fd. We losing alessia to EP zerg? We faction stack Ash FD. EP taking fare after Alessia? We faction stack Ash fd. Our scroll is one keep away and dc is pushing ep too? We faction stack ash fd.

This feels like Ash Dominion and we strive to forever take our faction capital back. I'm just tired of trying to solo defend keeps. How do we have 2-3 bars and I'm the only one defending a trikeep? At least most of the time EP doesn't even bother to defend it, that is of course, when ad bothers to try to take it back an hour later.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered from DC side if it had to do with the bridges. There have been times where I'd prefer to leave AD alone but here it comes to Ash, and people are worked up about low pop bonus lately so AD seems to be focused
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something I have never understood as a DC player. And why attack Rayles when the scroll is gone. It makes no sense to me. EP will have all of the scrolls and here comes AD attacking Rayles.

• Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think some of it has to do with gates vs bridges. Right now the alessia gate has been down for awhile, ep and ad haven't fought at all for the better part of an hour.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Fort Ash is their Chalamo.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the DC side we always say we're fighting team orange, but that joke aside, I've seen EP holding onto AD scrolls for almost a whole day and AD not making a move for them, and instead attacking our trikeeps, which is indeed bizarre. Maybe it's a decision of guilds that rouse the faction this way or that because they have a bone to pick, or geographical convenience, or actual orange politics, but as a DC player, the constant double teaming, especially when it's even nonsensical and non-strategic from the opposition, is very tiresome.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again we're pushing ray after ash instead of even alessia XD
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because an EP zerg lord is playing on AD and taking all the pugs to attack DC every night. I call them the "EP love brigade".
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Because an EP zerg lord is playing on AD and taking all the pugs to attack DC every night. I call them the "EP love brigade".

I think it's this.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did AD and EP trade. Seems an old AD is EP, and and old EP is AD.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Did AD and EP trade. Seems an old AD is EP, and and old EP is AD.

No, just some people and guilds change factions every now and then, I think mostly in good faith to balance and to look for better fights, but I'm not a mind reader.

I'm AD and I've noticed OP's point and I don't love it. I don't really have an answer why except I think it might be at least in part due to a pug gatherer deciding on their own to do it for their own reasons, which don't necessarily have anything to do with best map strategy for AD.

Or maybe they have a different opinion on map strategy, it's not necessarily nefarious. Just seems kinda tunnel visioned at best.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good time to be a DC bomber o:)
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not many actually care about the campaign anymore due to population imbalance. Seems like EP is mostly tanky DKs and are slower to kill. DC are far easier to kill and group up for bombs than EP. Most are just AP farmers anymore so which side would you farm?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not many actually care about the campaign anymore due to population imbalance. Seems like EP is mostly tanky DKs and are slower to kill. DC are far easier to kill and group up for bombs than EP. Most are just AP farmers anymore so which side would you farm?

AD and EP are both equally easy to bomb on because they all move as groups - sure DK healing is a problem on their own but once you herd them together even the blocktanks can die. It also helps that neither faction is running any competent ball groups in this current campaign, which makes solo/duo bombing without negate very viable. I've only ever been DC so I don't know how easy it is to bomb DC, but our pugs do have some tragically low HPs. As for AP farming, I'd imagine DC is still the best choice since you get a bit more action, the small scalers are somewhat better and you know most pugs won't bother to ride to lit keeps and steal your d-ticks.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fort Ash is the AD summer home and Its always summer in AD lands.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there is beer is the Ash basement
    Ray
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now we pushed nik and let ep take alessia, fare, bm and our scroll and dc's scroll from bm uncontested. *facepalm*
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, if EP wants free ap and to get their 3 keep quests done, just go south XD
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again we let ep pvdoor alessia while we zerg carmala XD
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    This thread collaborates great Green AvA alliance! :D
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmarie wrote: »
    [snip]

[snip]
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    This thread collaborates great Green AvA alliance! :D

Do you mean celebrates instead of collaborates? Or maybe corroborates instead of collaborates?

If so then no, almost the opposite. We barely fight ep at all, it's annoying and I'm sure dc are just as annoyed. EP are probably looking for a fight and can barely get any against ad. We attack rayles when dc doesn't have our scrolls more than we attack ep owned alessia.

This thread was more of a backhanded way of asking if there was faction drama that I missed out on that made us particularly focus dc and more specifically ash. But I saw some of the ep players came to ad and I'm guessing that was the reason, hence why this thread has been dead for a month.

[edited for back-and-forth]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 7, 2022 10:57AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tiphis wrote: »
    If so then no, almost the opposite. We barely fight ep at all, it's annoying and I'm sure dc are just as annoyed. EP are probably looking for a fight and can barely get any against ad. We attack rayles when dc doesn't have our scrolls more than we attack ep owned alessia.

This thread was more of a backhanded way of asking if there was faction drama that I missed out on that made us particularly focus dc and more specifically ash. But I saw some of the ep players came to ad and I'm guessing that was the reason, hence why this thread has been dead for a month.

This is not what I have observed along all hours of the day. Perhaps in your time zone, that's what you felt. But this last campaign has been a complete double team against AD. Almost at all hours, the only keeps that AD has are the inner tri-keeps, and often not that at all. It isn't for lack of AD trying. There is almost nothing happening between DC and EP up north. Streamers are also working together to somehow punish one AD player, but what will likely happen is all the AD who are tired of this will likely switch factions next campaign. I'm all for factions sometimes double-teaming the other - when that other faction has all scrolls, or to help de-emp, or to momentarily take advantage of the situation. But this recent purple alliance is honestly a bit too much. It's supposed to be a 3-way war. Not a 2 v 1.

• DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    The "EP zerg lord" who went to AD has now left AD and the campaign. So i would say the "focus DC and leave EP alone" will ease off again now
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

This is not what I have observed along all hours of the day. Perhaps in your time zone, that's what you felt. But this last campaign has been a complete double team against AD. Almost at all hours, the only keeps that AD has are the inner tri-keeps, and often not that at all. It isn't for lack of AD trying. There is almost nothing happening between DC and EP up north. Streamers are also working together to somehow punish one AD player, but what will likely happen is all the AD who are tired of this will likely switch factions next campaign. I'm all for factions sometimes double-teaming the other - when that other faction has all scrolls, or to help de-emp, or to momentarily take advantage of the situation. But this recent purple alliance is honestly a bit too much. It's supposed to be a 3-way war. Not a 2 v 1.

No buyers remorse when you embraced zerglord and his zerging ways.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

No buyers remorse when you embraced zerglord and his zerging ways.

Haha. To be perfectly honest, I had heard of the zerglord before he came to AD. Mostly negative. But the player was actually very helpful. Was always trying to form a group for pugs. Helped return AD scrolls before logging off. I have no remorse. The zerglord was a solid leader from my experience.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys attacking someone that actively tries to get things happening on the map during off-peak? This zerglord is probably the one thing that's saved Cyrodiil from being a dead zone for the last few campaigns. I'm excited for him to come DC and train up our pugs.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I just came back to AD after spending a few camps on EP. I admit, I don't really see what you're describing. It could just be that we play at different times. When I play, AD goes after both EP and DC. DC does get most of the brunt because they are always trying to gate us, and then EP tries too. However, AD rarely loses their scrolls even with both factions on our neck. I've seen AD do some amazing defense to avoid being gated and have only lost scrolls maybe three times in this camp. I personally just enjoy trying to murder everyone.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The person mentioned above said they wanted EP to win the campaign and had promised his "guild" that he would help. The reason he left AD to go to DC was because an AD guild had the temerity to take an EP scroll against his wishes.

This ploy of attacking one faction only is not new, it has been done many times over the years. It is usually done by a person running pick up groups to intentionally provoke, team purple, green, orange. Sometimes it is done to boost ap for a group looking to wipe the pug group that was created specifically for that reason.

The best one I have seen was the PUG leader who would create a 24 man group, (it was when they were a thing) and ride them off into the distance to sit in stealth for 20 mins.

With the faction populations around the 100 mark it is easy to manipulate the war.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag fix has been a lot kinder to DC than AD or EP (as no lag is an indirect nerf to grouping and DC has no pug groups). I think they've even lost the motivation to push DC after too many failed attempts. Personally I liked the double teaming as it made for a lot more fun fights and AP. It is really boring having to do 10+ resources while waiting for the next fight.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The person mentioned above said they wanted EP to win the campaign and had promised his "guild" that he would help. The reason he left AD to go to DC was because an AD guild had the temerity to take an EP scroll against his wishes.

I personally do not believe any of this. None of his actions led to helping EP win the campaign. And he was just as frustrated by the double teaming that DC and EP had towards AD this campaign. I ran with him in his group multiple times. He was overall strategy focused on getting back AD keeps, would keep filling up this group when others left, and would wait till everyone was grouped together or kick those who refused to stay with crown. Moreover, he was fairly patient with all newcomers.

When DC has a point lead, it is only natural to focus DC and not take EP scrolls. It is poor strategy to give EP a reason to focus AD. We would want EP to focus DC, if they would. And if EP doesn't have scrolls, then DC has no real reason to head that way either. But alas, this campaign has been a true purple for most of it. And the argument could be made that regardless of what AD did, both DC and EP would focus us anyways.

I also think a few AD were relentless in negativity towards him. I wish him the best and would welcome him back on AD anytime.