The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 33 - Bug Reports for Deconstruction Assistant

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving the new Deconstruction Assistant in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of Giladil's voice lines seem to have different name recorded (sounds like Gweril).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    There is a possible exploit for this assistant.
    Here are the steps to follow:
    1. Summon the Deconstruction Assistant on Balfiera (Tutorial) in the room where you get the weapons.
    2. Take a weapon.
    3. Deconstruct the Weapon with the assistan and you get credit for the associated skill line.
    4. As the weapon does not exist - it respawns at the old location instantly.
    5. You can repeat the cycle forever by starting over at step 2.
    My solution would be to not let the assistant spawn in the tutorial area.
    Please check if there are other area's with items that can be deconstructed and respawn without cooldown.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the tutorial weapons give anything? I thought they didn't give mats. In that case there's not much exploit.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the tutorial weapons give anything? I thought they didn't give mats. In that case there's not much exploit.

When you deconstruct an item for the first time you unlock the skill line for that type of item. If you do what the poster above you described, you will have a character coming out of the tutorial who can, potentially, have all of the crafting skill lines unlocked.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    When you deconstruct an item for the first time you unlock the skill line for that type of item. If you do what the poster above you described, you will have a character coming out of the tutorial who can, potentially, have all of the crafting skill lines unlocked.

I wouldn't consider that a bug, more of a feature. :) She is a portable multi-craft table, after all, albeit with a single, deconstruction capability.

Usually, I grab the weapons in the tutorial area and zap bugs (no pun intended) to unlock each weapon skill line; then immediately post-tutorial hit craft areas to unlock those, join guilds (mages - read books unlocking more skills, fighters, undaunted) which unlocks more.

Once, long ago, all skill lines were unlocked from the outset - until zos changed them to the current use-first-unlock we have now.

Interesting find, though. :)
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

You unlock the crafting skill lines the first time you interact with a station. You can do the same thing in a city. Also, the respawning doesn't affect that at all. Also, if you have the assistant you could do that outside the tutorial for the same net effect.

The only advantage of this exploit is a small amount of inspiration per decon. With woodworking it would take 300 decons to get to level 10, 1300 to get to level 20, 3k to get to level 30. On the one hand this seems like a very limited concern, but I guess while those numbers are tedious, they're still within the realm of what someone might willingly do, so yeah SnowP is probably right that they should prevent the assistant from being spawned there.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowP wrote: »
    There is a possible exploit for this assistant.
    Here are the steps to follow:
    1. Summon the Deconstruction Assistant on Balfiera (Tutorial) in the room where you get the weapons.
    2. Take a weapon.
    3. Deconstruct the Weapon with the assistan and you get credit for the associated skill line.
    4. As the weapon does not exist - it respawns at the old location instantly.
    5. You can repeat the cycle forever by starting over at step 2.
    My solution would be to not let the assistant spawn in the tutorial area.
    Please check if there are other area's with items that can be deconstructed and respawn without cooldown.

Not an issue at all, even if unintended, simply because of the sheer number of times it would take to repeat the process to actually get anywhere as the items are all level 1. You're better off spamming "me noob give decon trash pls" in zone chat.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would this be a concern if botters got ahold of it? Otherwise I’m inclined to agree it seems more like a feature than a bug.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this be a concern if botters got ahold of it? Otherwise I’m inclined to agree it seems more like a feature than a bug.

No, because detecting that an account is spending several hours/days/weeks in the tutorial is trivial. Even if the items do give mats, they will be refined level 1 mats which are just not valuable enough to be worth the effort and money of setting a up a bot to begin with.
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    I only described a possible exploit.

Yes in the tutorial section you can call it a feature and most players would use it only to get to level 10 or so.

But I also asked to check for this type of strategy in other contents.

Let's take for example the fighters guild quest line.
    At the point you receive the powerful anti deadra weapon in the Earth Forge
    • is that an deconstructable item, too?
    • does it respawn instant to not block the quest from proceeding?
    I think it was a purple weapon scaled to the character level. I has been a long time that I played that quest and I do not know if something got changed. Otherwise this migth be or might not be an unlimited source for Mastix.

There may be more situations with instant respawns in the game. The developers should know.
    I think it is better to check this now as to have later something on the live server like the unlimited ressource exploid the bank assistant gave players by saving Surveys from deletion.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowP wrote: »
    I only described a possible exploit.

Yes in the tutorial section you can call it a feature and most players would use it only to get to level 10 or so.

But I also asked to check for this type of strategy in other contents.

Let's take for example the fighters guild quest line.
    At the point you receive the powerful anti deadra weapon in the Earth Forge
    • is that an deconstructable item, too?
    • does it respawn instant to not block the quest from proceeding?
    I think it was a purple weapon scaled to the character level. I has been a long time that I played that quest and I do not know if something got changed. Otherwise this migth be or might not be an unlimited source for Mastix.

There may be more situations with instant respawns in the game. The developers should know.
    I think it is better to check this now as to have later something on the live server like the unlimited ressource exploid the bank assistant gave players by saving Surveys from deletion.

the weapon from the fighters guild questline is deconstructible, but its only given to you in a useable form at the very end when you get to choose what type of weapon you want, so its not required for any step of the quest (the other ones you get are "quest objects" which are not actual items to deconstruct)

has anyone tried to deconstruct the wabbajack that you get to equip while on the mages guild quest in sheogoraths realm? lol
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 4, 2022 7:05PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    the weapon from the fighters guild questline is deconstructible, but its only given to you in a useable form at the very end when you get to choose what type of weapon you want, so its not required for any step of the quest (the other ones you get are "quest objects" which are not actual items to deconstruct)
    That is not quite true - as I tested it on the PTS:
    At the beginning of the last quest of the fighter guild line "Wil of the Council" you are asked in the earth forge what type of weapon you want. - I took a staff and got a blue Prismatic Flamestaff. It is a real weapon that shows up in your inventory, that you can equip and put in your bank. It sadly got the prismatic enchantment change too - from being a weapon with extra damage against deadra to a restore all attributes enchantment that no longer fits to the quest.
    But you can not sell it to the merchant and it is not listed when using the Deconstruction Assistant.
    So this one is covered.
  • Killiaynna_Fayne
    Killiaynna_Fayne
    Soul Shriven
    Hello! I am having issues with her... I have placed her in-home, I have set her on the wheel, and any time I interact with her, her first menu opens, but when I hit deconstruct, or any of her other prompts in the first menu... the item select menu doesn't appear, no new menu appears at all, I see her just making the counting gesture and I cannot exit out of her, I have to do a hard shut down with task manager, I've tried different locations n such but the same thing happens,
    all my other bankers, and armory guy work as intended while placed or on the wheel.. any suggestions? and yes I place her while green.. thank you
    Kathi
    Kathi aka ~Killiaynna_Fayne
  • Killiaynna_Fayne
    Killiaynna_Fayne
    Soul Shriven
    Hello! I am having issues with her... I have placed her in-home, I have set her on the wheel, and any time I interact with her, her first menu opens, but when I hit deconstruct, or any of her other prompts in the first menu... the item select menu doesn't appear, no new menu appears at all, I see her just making the counting gesture and I cannot exit out of her, I have to do a hard shut down with task manager, I've tried different locations n such but the same thing happens,
    all my other bankers, and armory guy work as intended while placed or on the wheel.. any suggestions? and yes I place her while green.. thank you
    Kathi

hi, did I write this in the wrong forum or do we not receive feedback n responses to our posts? please point me where I go with this issue, thank u

n Is anyone else having issues with her and has anyone found a fix if they have, I cannot use her as her menu doesn't open past the first menu option n will not release upon trying to close out of her. and I have to hard restart after interacting with her as it gets stuck in an invisible menu and will not close out of it.m bankers n merchant and armory guy all work fine as do crafting stations I own, it's just her m as she cost me 5000 crowns I need to figure her out, she b the most used to date if she works correctly, and as I said her placement is fine, she placed while green like all the others but again gets stuck after first dialog option to deconstruct n just freezes n I don't have a large inventory that would cause this, not in the bank nor on a person...) I emptied myne out to another character to check) ... thank you again
    !
    Kathi aka ~Killiaynna_Fayne
  • risfi
    risfi
    ✭✭
    Kathi

If you're using a gamepad and an Advanced filters add-on, you'd have to uninstall the add-on as that's what causes this issue.