Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Wrath of the Imperium set is still broken

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
PTS Patch Notes v7.3.0
Wrath of the Imperium: Fixed an issue where this set was not applying its bonus to many attacks it should have.

arway6g.png

Description

Wrath of the Imperium Set 3 piece bonus does not work for Crystal Fragments and Haunting Curse

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Create a 3600 CP Breton Sorcerer on the PTS
  2. Transmute 1 Necklace of the the Imperium to have the Swift trait (so Arcane trait doesn't interfere with test)
  3. Teleport to the Fell's Run Wayshrine in Rivenspire and run northwest to Lorkrata Hills
  4. Equip Inferno Staff. 2 piece bonus should be active.
  5. Cast Crystal Fragments at a Skeever at 100% health. It does 4743 damage. Kill the Skeever.
  6. Equip Necklace of the Imperium to enable the 3 piece bonus
  7. Cast Crystal Fragments at another Skeever at 100% health. It still does 4743 damage.

3 piece bonus Crystal Frag

b94pRi4.png

No 3 piece bonus

UNTCuMG.png

Haunting Curse doesn't get the bonus either. It hits the Skeever for 5729 damage regardless of 2 or 3 pieces equipped.

I did not test Endless Fury, Power Overload, etc.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 19, 2022 5:59AM
PC NA
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    This set works with all the warden and bow skills I've tested but I haven't tested anything else. The set now changes the tooltip value of skills that it applies to so if your not even seeing a change in tooltip values then somethings up.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm the tooltip damage does not change on PTS for

Crystal Fragments
    Haunting Curse
    Power Overload
    Endless Fury
    Force Pulse
    Destructive Reach
    Elemental Weapon

In fact, I can't find a single ability where the 3 piece bonus of Wrath of the Imperium actually works.

Am I doing something wrong?
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »
    This set works with all the warden and bow skills I've tested but I haven't tested anything else. The set now changes the tooltip value of skills that it applies to so if your not even seeing a change in tooltip values then somethings up.

I just tested all bow skills and the 3 piece bonus of Wrath of the Imperium is not working.

All I did was equip the Bow (2 piece bonus) and Snipe does 4916 physical damage. Then I equip the necklace/ring and the 3 piece bonus is active. Snipe still does 4916 physical damage.

I even tried /reloadui after activating the 3 piece bonus.

I also made a brand new 3600 CP Warden just in case and neither Dive nor Snipe gets the 3 piece bonus.

I have no addons installed.

OLMPble.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 24, 2022 8:32AM
    PC NA
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Fizzyapple wrote: »

I just tested all bow skills and the 3 piece bonus of Wrath of the Imperium is not working.

All I did was equip the Bow (2 piece bonus) and Snipe does 4916 physical damage. Then I equip the necklace/ring and the 3 piece bonus is active. Snipe still does 4916 physical damage.

I even tried /reloadui after activating the 3 piece bonus.

I also made a brand new 3600 CP Warden just in case and neither Dive nor Snipe gets the 3 piece bonus.

I have no addons installed.

OLMPble.png

You're totally right. It worked when I tested it on PTS but its not now AND it's not working on live either (after patch). Good catch. I wonder why they can't get that set to work?
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it still broken?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    is it still broken?

Yes it is still broken on live.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 5, 2022 4:00AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a meta set for Mag Sorc PvP and would appreciate a fix. It's been broken for at least 10+ months.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 5, 2022 3:41AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This actually looks fixed on PTS. Verified with Crystal Fragments.

Running a few more tests to confirm.
    PC NA
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope so, nothing annoys me more than farming something and improving it to have it just not work.

Your tests are appreciated
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Magio_

scCpMQp.png

4646 - 4268 = 378

325 * 1.15977 = 376.92525

Looks fixed to me.
    PC NA
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its not meta it doesn't matter. Fix better bugs.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imperium set isn't working on PTS with the Endless Fury 20% damage (the proc effect). The initial hit is affected but the big burst at or below 20% is not affected by Imperium. Not sure if this was intended or not. It kind of makes the Imperium set useless for Mag Sorc because that's one of their core abilities.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 5, 2022 5:11AM
    PC NA
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc you've been at this since February, and people who use this set (like me) are thankful.

Keep up the good fight, the Grand Warlord already sent you an extra rotw for your efforts lol
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    its not meta it doesn't matter. Fix better bugs.

Wow that is an extremely bad take, are there things higher on the priority list, sure. But to not fix something because it's not Meta is ridiculous.

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Quagile
    Quagile
    While not outlined in the latest patch notes (update 34), just bumping this thread to ask if this was fixed or not. I am not the best tester but I was testing snipe and the set may possibly be fixed. If anyone else can give it a go and test that would be great.

EDIT: Didn't notice this post was in the PTS section, probably best to bump a thread similar in the bug reporting section
    Edited by Quagile on June 8, 2022 8:11PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested with Crystal Weapon and an Inferno Staff. Imperial Wrath is definitely not working with this ranged, direct damage ability.

Here is with 3pc IW
    image.png

And here is with 2pc IW and 1pc Eagle Eye (no set bonus, but same enchant and trait)
    image.png
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same with Endless Fury's damage <= 20% target health. Maybe it's an issue with proc effects from skills not working.
    PC NA
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess(!) that Crystal is not a ranged skill - its on "self" and you can proc it with a melee LA too.
    Fury on the other side, could be a bug or count as melee, because its already on the target and has no distance/traveltime?
    Edited by Zabagad on July 6, 2022 8:58AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • lockesty
    lockesty
    idk worked for me recently when i tried it with frag, curse

the only thing it didnt work with was imbue weapon sadly, which leaves me no choice but to make it gather dust
  • Ronin34
    Ronin34
    ✭✭
    Set came out in the Gold vendor in this years midyear mayhem. Bought it, tested with blasbones, confirmed NOT WORKING. Submitted a ticket and they said theyll pass it along lol. Lets pray they do.
    Redguard StamDK - Obi (DC)
    Redguard StamDK - Hasaan (AD)
    Orc StamDen - Daruk (DC)
    Orc StamSorc - Braga (AD)
    Redguard StamSorc - Blackout (DC)
    Redguard Stamplar - Victorio (AD)
    High Elf MagDen - Gaea (DC)
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this research @SkaraMinoc!

I've played around with various 3pc sets but not yet this one. It's good to know it's not working, so not to bother with it until it's fixed.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using two Imperium bows on a Ravenwatch stamsorc like two years ago. Never knew the set was broken, haha. Well ain't that a kick in the head.

Like so many things... They need to fix it. I recall thinking the build was pretty good. Imagine if the bonuses actually worked. I'd love to try again but guess I won't until further notice.

Bow of agility it is!
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronin34 wrote: »
    Set came out in the Gold vendor in this years midyear mayhem. Bought it, tested with blasbones, confirmed NOT WORKING. Submitted a ticket and they said theyll pass it along lol. Lets pray they do.
    Blastbones is an AOE - so it's not a bug.
    taugrim wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this research @SkaraMinoc!
    I've played around with various 3pc sets but not yet this one. It's good to know it's not working, so not to bother with it until it's fixed.
    This was a necro of the thread by a necro :)
    So it's an old post and it is working in U37 like it should. (at least as far as I use it)
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronin34 wrote: »

Blastbones is counted as pet damage. No buffs to ranged direct dmg will affect it, but anything that buffs pet dmg will.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go here https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php

Look up your skill.

If it says Melee then Wrath of the Imperium doesn't work with that damage.

Examples

Stalking Blastbones
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=40117749
    <<2>> = 0.15495 MaxStat + 1.62698 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Unknown (127), AOE, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)

Crystal Fragments
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=47569
    <<1>> = 0.106915 MaxStat + 1.12261 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Magic, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)

Endless Fury
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=30343
    <<1>> = 0.03875 MaxStat + 0.40675 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)
    <<2>> = 4 seconds (Constant)
    <<3>> = 0.142038 MaxStat + 1.49139 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, SingleTarget, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)
    <<4>> = 0.03099 MaxStat + 0.325395 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, AOE, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 20, 2023 7:31PM
    PC NA
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Go here https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php

Look up your skill.

If it says Melee then Wrath of the Imperium doesn't work with that damage.

Examples

Stalking Blastbones
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=40117749
    <<2>> = 0.15495 MaxStat + 1.62698 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Unknown (127), AOE, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)

Crystal Fragments
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=47569
    <<1>> = 0.106915 MaxStat + 1.12261 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Magic, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)

Endless Fury
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=30343
    <<1>> = 0.03875 MaxStat + 0.40675 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)
    <<2>> = 4 seconds (Constant)
    <<3>> = 0.142038 MaxStat + 1.49139 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, SingleTarget, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)
    <<4>> = 0.03099 MaxStat + 0.325395 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Shock, AOE, Direct, Melee, R2 = 1)

Thank you for sharing this. This will be very helpful. I think this highlights another issue in the game which is skills are either coded wrong or are deceiving. I cannot think of any reason for endless fury to be melee. The tool tip says it has a range of 28 meters. This to me means it's a ranged ability.

If they want to raise the floor this is the stuff that needs to be fixed. First make sure everything is coded right. Then update tool tips to use the specific language that CP and sets use to describe buffs (direct/DoT, AoE/Single Target, Melee/Ranged, pet). No one should have to go to this very long spreadsheet to check the damage equations in order to figure out if a skill will be buffed.