Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jester's Festival Stats (From April. 2022)

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi All! With Jester's Festival in the rearview mirror for 2022, we're sharing some of the stats from the event! Seems like y'all have a great throwing arm. Check out the stats below and let us know your favorite part of Jester's Festival.

z9tsd6txwg47.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on February 16, 2023 8:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's by far the worst festival of ESO. This is my opinion.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quickslots my huge stacks of leftover pies

Don't stop that counting just yet!
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With store page inviting people to "join over 18 million players" (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus, "standard" option) these numbers look a tad sad
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Quickslots my huge stacks of leftover pies

Don't stop that counting just yet!

giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if that's counting both types of boxes (the Stupendous boxes and the normal ones), or just the normal ones?

3.2 million seems low to me. The festival ran for 8 days, if we assume that with maintenance and other issues most players were able to do the quests on 6 of those days and only did 1 per day for tickets that makes 533,333 players participating in the festival.

On the other hand if it's not counting the Stupendous boxes from the first completion, then it's only showing how many times players did 2 or more quests in one day, and then it seems more reasonable, but also makes it impossible to estimate how many players were involved. (Which is something ZOS might want, most games don't announce player counts, even indirectly.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    By far the best event in ESO, my guild LOVES it! :smiley:
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    With store page inviting people to "join over 18 million players" (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus, "standard" option) these numbers look a tad sad

Based on these numbers my estimation is that about 100-110k character did jester festival in average daily, across all servers and and platform that's not that much... especially that many people did it on multiple characters and some people play both on pcna and pceu, so this number probably accounts to way less individual player...

ps: note this is just the characters and people doing jester event and not all active players, as some players logged in but didn't bother with the jester event

ps2: 4.7m naysayers, thats 6 for 1 quest, 7-8 day event length depending if someone did the partial day or not, so it's between 4.7m/6/7=112k and 4.7m/6/8=98k character. How many actual people playing with those characters that's anyone's guess as it's pretty much impossible to estimate from the outside, but most likely less