The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Reused Elder Scrolls music in ESO ?

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, you guys didn't notice the obvious one- the Draugr cave theme music?

You can hear a version of this in many caves and ruins across Tamriel, and its also the default music in the Frostvault player home. The interesting thing is, its also a bit of a loose throwback to one of the haunting Daggerfall dungeon tracks, albeit slowed down and heavily distorted:
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    We should see more music from the single player games in ESO, they would definitely help with the Elder Scrolls feel, the truth is a lot of ESO music is simply not memorable.

I like all of ESO's music, but NGL-- I wouldn't mind hearing some of the music from Arena and Daggerfall get reused. :) They don't get as much attention as the music from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but I think they contain some pretty awesome tracks.
    Northwold wrote: »
    One that is conspicuously absent is the Arena tavern theme. Which cries out for resurrection.

https://youtu.be/5QvomWYZsiY

Yes, that would be awesome. I think that Arena and Daggerfall music would make amazing options for music box furnishings. I personally love the various Snowing Day themes, but my all-time favourite is this gem from Daggerfall:

• The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I quite like to hear an Elder Scrolls music motif across the games. Each race/chapter has its own unique take on the motif but it is distinctively Elder Scrolls. For me, it gives the sense of a unified universe.
    Edited by The_Lex on May 2, 2022 5:03PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most memorable moment relating to the music for me was a good few years ago when I was driving the car listening to the Classic FM Hall of Fame and the Skyrim music came on. I think the next year it got to number 5.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/9ZPAEoE81wk

I would love to hear a modern arrangement of Eric Heberling’s “Over Snow” in game.
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    How much of the music from the offline Elder Scrolls games has been reused for ESO ? I'm not making any value judgements here, by the way, I know ZOS have the rights to the Elder Scrolls music. I ask only because I noticed in my last few trips into Greenshade that the theme music for that zone is from Elder Scrolls IV. I believe it's the track "Watchmen's Ease" ?

Hello,

While no music from the other games is reused wholesale in ESO, the classic "Elder Scrolls theme" is of course reinterpreted every time we introduce a new piece of title music. And a handful of other musical themes have been reinterpreted in various locales that appeared in earlier Elder Scrolls games (eg Morrowind, Skyrim).

Hope that helps!

Brad
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for asking the question, @vsrs_au. And thanks to @ZOS_SoundMaster for answering. Much appreciated!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [ I had another question, but answered it myself. Previous text deleted. ]
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 2, 2022 10:04PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    I personally only rememebr a specific soundtrack used only in Greenshade from TES IV: Oblivion called "Watchman's Ease".
    Other than that, I can't remember any others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLYWMEWC7as
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    How much of the music from the offline Elder Scrolls games has been reused for ESO ? I'm not making any value judgements here, by the way, I know ZOS have the rights to the Elder Scrolls music. I ask only because I noticed in my last few trips into Greenshade that the theme music for that zone is from Elder Scrolls IV. I believe it's the track "Watchmen's Ease" ?

Hello,

While no music from the other games is reused wholesale in ESO, the classic "Elder Scrolls theme" is of course reinterpreted every time we introduce a new piece of title music. And a handful of other musical themes have been reinterpreted in various locales that appeared in earlier Elder Scrolls games (eg Morrowind, Skyrim).

Hope that helps!

Brad

With a Title on the Forums like that ...are you sure your name is not Bard?

Edited by WiseSky on May 3, 2022 8:39AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a few subtle hints in the blood and glory music box to some original Elder Scrolls 1 soundtracks or familiar portions. I still remember unboxing those 8 or 9 floppy disks baby! That game was the ultimate :)