The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whatever happened to the rule sets and events we were promised back in January?

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
From the January 2022 PVP Update thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1

We were sort of promised rule set changes and special events for PVP while they allegedly worked on back end server performance.. See this quoted text from the first post.
In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events)

Did these fall off the radar? Did the dumpster fire of the card game put these on the back burner? Or has ZOS unofficially started kicking PVP to the curb?
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    From the January 2022 PVP Update thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1

We were sort of promised rule set changes and special events for PVP while they allegedly worked on back end server performance.. See this quoted text from the first post.
    In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events)

Did these fall off the radar? Did the dumpster fire of the card game put these on the back burner? Or has ZOS unofficially started kicking PVP to the curb?

It seems pvp has always taken a back seat to house/dress up and casual play. I've gone elsewhere for pvp gaming.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Please, any updates? Myself and many pvpers I know are waiting on these promises to be fulfilled.
    Edited by gariondavey on April 21, 2022 4:56PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been collecting suggestions.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who thinks that we are getting any meaningful pvp updates is high on copium. We were advised on a ZOS dev stream to “go pvp somewhere else.” This is the best advice they’ve ever given us, and the biggest display of honesty from ZOS we have seen.
    Edited by Eevee_42 on April 21, 2022 5:39PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eevee_42 wrote: »
    Anybody who thinks that we are getting any meaningful pvp updates is high on copium. We were advised on a ZOS dev stream to “go pvp somewhere else.” This is the best advice they’ve ever given us, and the biggest display of honesty from ZOS we have seen.

Yeah, honestly after years of empty promises, declining performance and as mentioned here direct insults from devs, if anyone still believes that fixes are going to be done to PvP, then I have a bridge to sell you.

On the plus side they might have to do something soon when the exponentially decreasing server performance makes the entire game unplayable.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That statement was obviously made as damage control after "WA WA WA, we're working on it" gate.

They only said they'd consider some of these things. They never said they would do any of them.

With ZOS promises mean nothing. Only results matter after so many years of empty promises. Words from ZOS are, well.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IasCZL072fQ
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They didn't promise anything:

Apparently they considered it and decided to not do anything.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

They didn't promise anything:

Apparently they considered it and decided to not do anything.

Exactly. A lot of people consider going sky diving. But how many actually get in the plane and do it?

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread asking the same question, and it was ignored. For some reason the above poster was in there aswell with his "skydiving" nonsense.

Would love an update on these pvp events @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I would also highly reccomend taking the route of offering imperial city related events rather than cyrodiil ones. The performance in IC is as acceptable as it can be on the game, and the incentives to be in IC are far greater with tel var and the addition of the new motifs + monster sets.

Gray host on PC NA now lags around the clock, 24/7. Even if I sign in first thing in the morning at 6am eastern when there is less than 3 bars of total population in the campaign, there is signifcant skill delay and noticeable lag everywhere on the map. I truly have never seen the performance at this level, and that is saying something given that I have been here pvping for the entire history of the game. If your concern is exacerbating the cyrodiil performance issues, please give us Imperial city events so that pvpers have something to do. It has been years without pvp content, and we were just promised an entire extra year without further content.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I made a thread asking the same question, and it was ignored. For some reason the above poster was in there aswell with his "skydiving" nonsense.

Would love an update on these pvp events @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I would also highly reccomend taking the route of offering imperial city related events rather than cyrodiil ones. The performance in IC is as acceptable as it can be on the game, and the incentives to be in IC are far greater with tel var and the addition of the new motifs + monster sets.

Gray host on PC NA now lags around the clock, 24/7. Even if I sign in first thing in the morning at 6am eastern when there is less than 3 bars of total population in the campaign, there is signifcant skill delay and noticeable lag everywhere on the map. I truly have never seen the performance at this level, and that is saying something given that I have been here pvping for the entire history of the game. If your concern is exacerbating the cyrodiil performance issues, please give us Imperial city events so that pvpers have something to do. It has been years without pvp content, and we were just promised an entire extra year without further content.

Maybe you should just ask them what the outcome of their "Consideration" to do it was? It seems pretty obvious they decided to not do it, but saying so would be nice. Until they actually commit to doing it, making suggestions on what you would like to see happen, is kind of jumping the gun.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you should just ask them what the outcome of their "Consideration" to do it was? It seems pretty obvious they decided to not do it, but saying so would be nice. Until they actually commit to doing it, making suggestions on what you would like to see happen, is kind of jumping the gun.

Yeah you're right, asking them to follow through with teased "weekend pvp events" after 3 years of 0 pvp updates and steadily declining performance is jumping the gun.

My apologies.
    Edited by React on April 21, 2022 10:26PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a few easy things ZOS could do and which have been asked for by may of their customers for years, I guess it tell you something about ZOS.

1. Since the combat bug cant be fixed, let us mount in battle.
    2. Change the camapign points recived so its dependent on the number of players on the server.

Both these options could be nice small events.

GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you're right, asking them to follow through with teased "weekend pvp events" after 3 years of 0 pvp updates and steadily declining performance is jumping the gun.

My apologies.

Seriously though, when was the last time they actually followed through on something for PVP they did commit to doing, never mind something they left themselves a *huge* out on and basically said "we will think about it"? Personally I would just love to see them follow through on the thing that caused them to even say this in the first place, them "Working on it" in regards to performance... which we have been hearing about almost since release.

BTW, I don't disagree with you by any means, just doubt they will do anything, or ever even mention it again for that matter. Hope they prove me wrong.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special rule set won't feasibly happen. If players hated no proc, which was a test and not a permanent update and complained so much that it got reverted, the chances of any "special rules" simply won't happen at all. Same with BG death match test, I can't imagine it will work unless it's for like 1 week's length. But the 1 week hype won't make up for the 1 year wait players have to endure.
    That's just the sad truth.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be great to get an update from ZOS on such considerations, as there have been great suggestions for special rule sets and weekend events. I mean, limited time PvP-themed endeavors only available in Cyro, IC, or BGs; short mini-seasons of special rule sets for scoring or game-play; special rewards from existing currencies (seals of endeavor, keys, whatever).

And these could not just be used as things to shake things up but to also see what gets people excited. That could then shape the basis for more permanent changes going forward. But continuing to have such special things as well would be particularly great.

Maybe periodic times to play a capture the flags mini-game in IC (every 30 minutes or an hour for 15 minutes), adding milestone goals/checkpoints for Cyro campaigns so that there is more of competitive sense even if your alliance is behind by allowing a chance smaller victories even if you alliance is too far behind for the big prize. Mixing in random "death match" periods in other modes of some BGs for 30 seconds to provide a window to either try to gain more points with slaughter or let other teams try that while you focus the primary objective. Having particular kill conditions that could be based on so many different factors, from knocking people into slaughterfish in Cyrodiil to a brawling area where only barefisted kills count.

^ these are just random things I made up literally while quickly typing, not thought-out ideas, but they give a sense of how creative ZOS could get at a bare minimum if they really wanted to follow-up on what Mr. Firor brought up.

If anything at all does happen it will almost certainly be a month or more after the High Isle launch, though. That is the big money maker of the year.

(He was already tagged a week ago, but, perhaps it will take additional summoning rituals to reach @ZOS_Kevin and be granted an acknowledgment of the interest here in a follow-up on whether Mr. Firor's message to the PvP community is still something to look for in 2022.)
    Edited by tinythinker on April 28, 2022 4:46AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's cyrodiil, did you expect anything really?
    EU | PC
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double AP weekends. Make it happen!
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double AP weekends. Make it happen!

Just did my first Cyrodiil weekend in a while and I've changed my mind. The lag is on another level. Even 10x AP won't make it fun again.