The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Crystal Weapon and Imbue Weapon Suggestion

JoSePHRiNG
JoSePHRiNG
✭✭✭
After all of the change attempts, people barely use them due to the clanky nature of the skills themselves, and worst it takes up your GCD.

The skills of this game are really one-sided if you want to use an ability you need to use it one time and the effect goes off and it is standard for every other skill as well even for ultimates.
But does it really have to be this way?

Why don't we have different toggled abilities for more "risk and reward" play? or channeled abilities that award players who use them correctly?
The "Blood Frenzy" ability was a good toggle ability and those who used it correctly and efficiently were rewarded for it. And now currently it is still a toggle ability and still useful in some scenarios. Even if not better than its previous version.

Why not make "Crystal Weapon" and "Imbue Weapon" also a toggle ability as well?

Since they are used as spammable you can't make them work with other abilities(spammables). But why try to force it that way?
The last changes to "Crystal Weapon" make it better just by being able to use it twice rather than once.

I really would like to see these two abilities "Crystal Weapon" and "Imbue Weapon" similar to "Blood Frenzy" but it cost you your "Resources"

Example for "Imbue Weapon": Infuse your weapon with power, causing your Light Attacks to deal an additional "X damage" per light attack but cost "Z Resource" (depends on the morph) per light attack. Cost increases the more it stays on and the more light attack you do.

for "Crystal Weapon": Encase your weapon in dark crystals, causing your Light and Heavy Attacks to deal an additional "X damage" per light attack and "Y damage" for heavy attacks but cost "Z Resource" per light attack. Cost "C Resource" per heavy attack. Cost increases the more it stays on and the more light attack and heavy attack you do.
Attacks reduce the target's Armor by 1000 for 5 seconds(does not stack).

With that changes, it would also alter the gameplay too, It would be more useful as a sustained damage source for lots of content rather than forcing people to use them as "Spammable".

Finally, please make them stack again since the burst damage is no longer there. The cost ever increases per attack(s) and with time, there is no need to worry about it.
Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would make them into a toggle, it would go hand in hand with a significant damage nerf because you could essentially spam light attacks without having to press the skill.

Not sure if this would be favorable, as it makes the burst even worse and this in my opinion is the niche of elemental weapons and crystal weapons. They won't make them stackable again for sure (and shouldn't). There are other options for sustained pressure.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    I use crystal weapon as my spammable on my stamsorc, have no issues whatsoever with it.
    I often see posts requesting changes to the skill and I fail to see whats wrong with it :/
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS, Crystal Weapon is the strongest single target damage skill in the game. This one skill has taken Stam Sorc from mediocre to the top DPS build.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crystal Weapon and Imbue Weapon are both fine skills and fun to use. It combines skill damage with light attack weaving, and with the change to crystal weapon, you can now add in another skill as well (like... imbue weapon?). I do agree to some extent though; they're clunky to use, and both are basically the same skill. What I'd do is leave Imbue Weapon alone and make Crystal Weapon a 10-20 second duration skill that increases light and heavy attack damage by x amount and gives Empowered.
    that's not saying Crystal Weapon is bad. It's a skill that is going to make Stam Sorc REALLY strong next patch. But I think this proposed idea of mine would do the same but in a more subtle way.
    Edited by merpins on April 30, 2022 8:06AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is basically what the passives of bound armaments does. increase light attack damage by %. having crystal weapons do the same thing means you'll also want to run a spammable so sorc builds will end up being crystal weapon, bound armaments, <spammable>, pet, pet. it's the least interesting, least interactive build possible.

while i think it's an interesting idea and i like the concept of a toggle, it would make sorcs even more passive skill wise.