The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armory system and inventory management

RitualSmoke
RitualSmoke
✭✭✭
its been really interesting using the armory system and really making a lot of different builds and theory crafting a lot more than I used to, I have so many neat builds and situational builds but the problem I am starting to have is, most of the time id need to use it I cannot, like loading into a battleground and I see we have three healers, guess we are gonna have a long boring fight, it would be nice if on the load in area we had access to the armory system? or had one in the base camp in cyrodiil? at the beginning of trials? that seems like it would offset the supposed benefits it would give over other people who do not have the mobile version.

This brings me to the second main issue I have been having. i have 206 pieces of armor and food items on me at all times. this game has become about inventory management for me so bad that it is all I can do to even loot a new item. even with transmutables (my stickerbook is nearly 75% done) it has helped a lot but with all my characters and the right trait items dropping for me as well I am just maxed out.

I'd love to see the armory system hold the gear for me, while we are doing account wide homogenizing it makes sense to me that we could have the armorer have access to all the sets and let me use on any character. or give us another 100 slots. we have magic we have huge bags already lets make this work please it is really the worst part of the game for me in a lot of ways

The way it is now is I have all the gear and I have an armory assistant that just shows up and helps me dig through my bag, buckle me up and tell me I look pretty. he needs to pack some of this stuff around. he - is - slacking.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the inventory management of this game has become completely ridiculous. It's always been bad, but it continues to get worse.

Stickerbook was a good step in the right direction. It did allow me to clear a ton of bank space I had reserved for all these monster sets with the correct traits I was stock piling, but it's still awful.

For starters, CP 1 -160 materials and items are completely pointless to the game, this has always been true, but became even more so the case when CP 2.0 released and the EXP curve got pushed farther forward. A new player is really the only person that would see CP 1-160 items, but they're now able to level from 1-160 within 1-2 hours of hitting level 50.

We have entire skill lines and items taking up space in the games memory that almost never gets touched... ZOS claims that they can't introduce new character animations due to the hardware limitations of last gen consoles and the state of the games 8 year life span which is due to reaching a capacity on the games end, but they waste so much memory on pointless item IDs no one uses..

They could easily combine all 8 tiers of materials into just the last 1 and adjust the amount it takes to create the gear. Based on the current values, CP 160 gear could be the max amount of 130-160 or so, then adjust as you go down to level 1. So aka, level 1 gear is 1 Rubedo, level 10 is 10, 20 is 30, 30 is 50, etc, etc.

Another thought... why do we even have style materials anymore? As soon as the outfit system released, 99% of the playerbase stopped caring about style materials. Before the outfit station, I remember going out of my way to get specific styles on the gear I was crafting, but afterwards, anything I make is always just going to be in 1 of the 9 original race styles since my outfit will cover it up completely.

I understand there is some level of arbitrary gating going on which is to make people feel like they need to get ESO + to get the crafting bag, I can accept that, but come on, it's a bit ridiculous and over the line. Being a new player and trying to understand itemization, crafting and inventory management like this would SUCK - don't they want to bring new players in? Don't they want to create a space that doesn't require looking up guides outside the game to understand what is and isn't worth their time?

Also, considering that the craft bag helps, doesn't fix the issue of the craft bag being bloated with 1000s of items I'll never use. Just trying to scroll through that thing is a nightmare alone.

Don't get me started on Companion Gear, Transmute Crystals and 1 time use items like fireworks that bloat your inventory.

Funny enough, it's only about to get worse with card games coming out this Summer.

All these years and our characters base inventory space has only had the chance of increasing by an additional 10, 5 each from the Inventory effecting pets.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 20, 2022 3:42AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • oorar
    oorar
    ✭✭
    Armory and inventory space is really a problem. I would like to buy more armory slots but inventory space is just too small to carry all the armor, foods etc. I only use armory assistant and I like to switch builds on the go - I just wish assistant would carry your builds' equipments.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make ESO+ double character inventory size, too, not just bank size.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought... why do we even have style materials anymore? As soon as the outfit system released, 99% of the playerbase stopped caring about style materials. Before the outfit station, I remember going out of my way to get specific styles on the gear I was crafting, but afterwards, anything I make is always just going to be in 1 of the 9 original race styles since my outfit will cover it up completely.
    Because not everyone knows every motif. For a lot of people, especially for the more expensive motifs, getting someone who knows it to craft it is much cheaper than buying the motif. Of course that only helps for crafted sets, but still there's a use case. A bunch are also used for furnishings.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because not everyone knows every motif. For a lot of people, especially for the more expensive motifs, getting someone who knows it to craft it is much cheaper than buying the motif. Of course that only helps for crafted sets, but still there's a use case. A bunch are also used for furnishings.

"Durable" Master Writs (Blacksmith, Clothing, Woodworking).
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That use case is very rare. Paying extra for a crafted item in a style you don't own, just so it can look the way you want for the tiny amount of time you'll probably use that item as we constantly shift between sets, and crafted sets are not typically the strongest option show's just how rare that scenario is. Motif's are not that expensive to have the outfit style indefinitely unlocked for your outfit in the first place.

But okay, lets agree that there is some use, no matter how rare and inefficient I think it may be.

It's not necessary to have a material for every single motif style, thats what.. 50+ style materials now (Edit: Counted at least 110). There is already a crown store material that will replace any style material. ZOS could create the same material in game that you could unlock or trade for transmute crystals..

Hell, cut out the middle man. Just delete all style materials and give players the option to spend transmutes instead.

It's clear to me they're only there because ZOS has not updated their itemization in years. It use to be a lot more relevant before outfits launched.

Thinking about the new player experience, just imagine how much they have to look through to understand what is really going on in this game. It's quite ridiculous.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 1, 2022 3:55AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit