The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Does anyone else not like the new quickslot wheel?

The3sFinest
The3sFinest
✭✭✭✭
With K&M, and also addons, it does not seem to make any difference. But with controller/console this new wheel makes it much slower to swap between things. I'm also sure it is a bug, but the wheel automatically goes back to the first set rather than the last used wheel when I opened it up. Would it be better to implement something similar to what Fallout 76 uses?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love it
    as soon as i went back to live i was like "omg, this sucks. i need the new one"
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thought seeing that in pts was I never knew I wanted that until I saw it and now I think I don't know what I ever did without it. Now If the wheel doesn't default to the last used that's perhaps not intended and I hope they change it to work that way be sure to make a comment in the pts using the /bug feature to report it directly to them.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it starts on what was last pulled up, it will work fine.

I don't need to use tools or allies when I'm in pvp.

Being able to actually have more than 2 potions and 1 food on my bar will be huge.

On live, I have 4 assistants, 1 companion, 1 food, 1 pot, and the Scrying tool.

Before all that bloat, I was able to add things like cool momento's like the Aura's, throw pies, and costumes to swap between. I do miss that. I'm not fond of going through more menu's than I need to, so I can't wait for this on live.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 26, 2022 1:53AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB siege wheel
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion it is best that it goes back to the original wheel (That can still slot anything you wish) rather than remembering your previously selected wheel.
    This builds muscle memory and allows you to always know exactly what inputs are required to quickslot anything.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on April 26, 2022 9:02AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it is implemented, if you don't put anything on a separate wheel, it just works like it does now on live.

All the secondary wheels are just that, a set of favorites that are one remove from constant use.You gain a quicker way to reach them, with no downside that I can see.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't believe the number of people I have morally crushed just by filling them in that we're not getting a multi-page quickslot wheel but rather a quick way to pull up your emotes in PVP.

People love the idea of a second wheel of quickslots they can tab to with slightly more effort than their first page. A great option for siege in PVP. A not bad alternative to pulling up your inventory to reup food every couple hours. They're in for a sore disappointment when they learn that the second page can *only* be filled with stuff they rarely if ever really use.

Basically all it does is replace an add-on that gives you hotkey access to your banker or companion in the zones and content where that's a thing. Lots of promise, terrible delivery.
    Edited by doesurmindglow on April 27, 2022 12:35AM
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the way it's implemented. We certainly need something better for quickslots, but this isn't it.

Multiple wheels is not a bad solution, but I don't like that what the wheels are for is hardcoded - we have no choice about what we're using them for. I also don't like it that it doesn't save your place on the wheel - I'm primarily using it for allies, but I have to always click two spots over to get there. I'd like to be able to just switch which wheel's active, and what's on each one.

If you insist on having hardcoded wheels, which seems to be The Way - then first, please save which one was last used, so we don't have to click through several options every single time if the ones we prefer using aren't the ones you think might prefer.

And also - it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to add one for Cyrodiil!

Because many of the things you included wheels for can't be used there. And many things in Cyro MUST BE quickslotted to use, yet can't be used anywhere else.

I've been using an addon for a long time that lets me save quickslot settings, just because of Cyro - I have keybinds for it, in fact, to switch. It doesn't work 100%, but it's a lot better than nothing.

And I'm not even a PvP player. I just go there casually, every now and then. But I still need to slot repair kits, etc., and there's no point in having my assistants slotted, or Finvir's Trinket, or the Antiquarian's Eye tool.

Great idea! Needs some fine-tuning. Thanks!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't like it, won't use it.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest. I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's me. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep in mind that once the extra quick slots exist there will no doubt be some support for addon to customise their functionality
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the way it's implemented. We certainly need something better for quickslots, but this isn't it.

Multiple wheels is not a bad solution, but I don't like that what the wheels are for is hardcoded - we have no choice about what we're using them for. I also don't like it that it doesn't save your place on the wheel - I'm primarily using it for allies, but I have to always click two spots over to get there. I'd like to be able to just switch which wheel's active, and what's on each one.

If you insist on having hardcoded wheels, which seems to be The Way - then first, please save which one was last used, so we don't have to click through several options every single time if the ones we prefer using aren't the ones you think might prefer.

And also - it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to add one for Cyrodiil!

Because many of the things you included wheels for can't be used there. And many things in Cyro MUST BE quickslotted to use, yet can't be used anywhere else.

I've been using an addon for a long time that lets me save quickslot settings, just because of Cyro - I have keybinds for it, in fact, to switch. It doesn't work 100%, but it's a lot better than nothing.

And I'm not even a PvP player. I just go there casually, every now and then. But I still need to slot repair kits, etc., and there's no point in having my assistants slotted, or Finvir's Trinket, or the Antiquarian's Eye tool.

Great idea! Needs some fine-tuning. Thanks!

That's basically it. I would definitely prefer if the slots weren't rigidly set on what can be used in them. Moreover, I don't know why we didn't get a separate wheel for Cyrodiil, it's more needed than anything else, because of the "stuck in combat bug" very often we are not able to change our slots which leads to a situation where we stand and stare at the fight instead of participating in it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make it 4 (or more) quickslot wheels that we can fill as we please :| Like majority of people said, Cyrodiil. I want like 6 potions types slotted and all the sieges ever. Having to chose if I am going to defend with oil OR with catapult only is not cool. Not having access to some other thing if I choose both is not cool.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I already use ADDONS to summon bankers, outfits, etc... so I can just keep the wheel the same and not even have to bother with this new wheel option.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know they probably will not change it, but I think I would have been happy if they just gave us double the amount of slots on one wheel.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels clunky as heck and I hate it.
    I'd rather stick to what we have currently on the live server.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest. I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's me. :)

Not just you. I can see the new wheels but if there’s a way to add anything to them I didn’t find it before I got frustrated and gave up.

That said, I will second being forced to use specific wheels for specific things is, at best, very clunky and at worst I’m better off hunting for it in the existing UI which at least has the advantage of being familiar.

I will also second the need for a Cyrodiil/PvP wheel if it has to go the hardcoded route. Slotting and de-slotting siege is 80-90% of what I need extra quickslots for, and without support for that I won’t use this even if I get it to work.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new wheel is going to be so fun in Cyrodiil lag, I will never be able to use it. I can see flicking between "modes" accidentally instead of drinking a potion happening, a lot. The fact they left a siege/PVP wheel off, just seems like another way to troll Cyrodiil players and make their game worst, yet again.

They better implement an option to turn off or lock it to one wheel for those of us that do not want this. I struggle enough with the current wheel, I have no need or desire for it to be more complicated.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to tag anyone for this to be seen? Change title to "feedback"? I cannot imagine posts get neglected in the pts section, but the last couple years my faith has dwindled in regards to feedback being heard. I am just glad I am not the only one, even if only a few others, that see this as bad design.
    Edited by The3sFinest on April 28, 2022 2:04PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I can find no use for it.
    PC EU
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok UPDATING.

I managed to make it work. BUT without more Keybindings its a no go for me. And for someone who plays without nothing on the screen, no name, nothing, having this wheel is game breaking. I have just now to hope that *someone who did not invented the wheel* can modify this one with an addon.

Went to hunt to see how i managed to select my potions .... during the fight i was so pleased to see my wheel moving on to empty allies when i wanted to heal. Not everyone is a young one able to not shaking. And sorry i am shaking.

And i have now to remember that this key combination gives me potions wheel but if i move to fast my mouse left or right, i am getting other wheels!!!

Why oh why do you have each time to add new things that could be cool but make them so complicated that our only hope is that an addon author will make it through and adapt it????

Edited by Lauranae on April 28, 2022 3:20PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HUGE QOL update IMHO. I use a controller when I play and this makes it so much easier. I have keyboard hotkeys I have to go to so I don't have to navigate through the menus. This is so much better.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you even populate the other layers of the quickslot wheel? I can only add things to the topmost wheel when I am trying it!

Edit: Well thankfully someone in zone knew how to do it .. you don't populate it through the inventory like we always used to (apart from potions and foods).

Seems we go into the collections menus and can add only momentos to the momentos wheel and tools to the tools wheel etc.

And of course, emotes does something different even still where you have to tap F when in the emotes menu to then open up an assigning menu page.

Edited by Maythor on April 28, 2022 8:08PM
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not totally enamoured by the way it works either, it seems you have to immediately select the item you want if it is not on the top wheel .. it will not allow another tier's item to remain as active for use so far as I can see. Also the fact that you can only have limited numbers of each option until you fill that wheel is not how I hoped it would work. I have many, many emotes I would like to slot on a wheel (more than would fill it), and it seems I cannot use other wheels as an overflow once I have filled that one emote wheel.

As others have said, hopefully someone with addons can fix it?

Edited by Maythor on April 28, 2022 8:12PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even think there are addons that modify the existing wheel, at least, I haven't found any.
    Personally, I wish it was a bar that we could position anywhere instead of a wheel that was forced in the center of the screen.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just gets in the way. I would like a way to disable it as it blocks my vision.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even think there are addons that modify the existing wheel, at least, I haven't found any.
    Personally, I wish it was a bar that we could position anywhere instead of a wheel that was forced in the center of the screen.

There is some addons which allow to not have the wheel on the screen, and add keybindings. And some others adding more to the wheel.

They are actually working fine with U33 and since some years, but U34 broke them.

Greymind quick slot bar - Statics quickslot profiles - FCOStarvestop - to name those i know the most
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • step9372
    step9372
    ✭✭✭
    The interface attached to the "Q" key is OK. It's intuitive and navigation is easy with feedback on what wheel is active and which wheels are next in the queue (previous and next).

But the interface on the Quickslots tab on the Inventory page needs an overhaul! I had to come to the forums to learn how to populate other wheels! Seriously, how does having three different methods for loading Quickslot wheels a good UI design?? The Quickslots tab interface should match the "Q" key interface and allow you to select the currently active wheel to be loaded using the mouse buttons.

In addition, that the wheels are predefined and fixed is a problem. Users should have the ability to place whatever they want on any individual wheel and to be able to label those wheels however they see fit. If it's not feasible to allow us to name them, then just number them from 1 - 5.

Please change this before this goes live. Pretty please.
    PC NA. Arrived in Tamriel April 2017. CP2500+. 13 Characters. Housing addict.