The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC Gamepad Menu UI?

SASChris
SASChris
✭✭
Is the ability to use a gamepad in the main menu and character creation new to the PC version of the game as of patch 34, or has this always been present on the pts? And if so, why would it not be present on the regular version of the game? I apologize if this was a noted change and I missed it, but after looking over the patch notes for HI and the .1 patch I saw nothing indicating this change. I like it though! I can finally skip the intro movies and navigate the UI fully with a controller, no more needing to mess around with both kb+m as well as my gamepad to play the game any longer if this makes it into the live version of the title in June!

Best Answer

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamepad UI in the pre-game menus (login screen & character select) was introduced with the last week's PTS update (8 0.0).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Answer ✓
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is part of the "Accessibility mode". Which ZOS really needs to better explain before it goes Live... as many people on PC are accidentally turning it on and can't figure out how to turn it back off.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I believe this is part of the "Accessibility mode". Which ZOS really needs to better explain before it goes Live... as many people on PC are accidentally turning it on and can't figure out how to turn it back off.

No joke, I thought they changed the whole interface and nothing worked right. Pretty much decided to quit ESO if this was their idea of an enhanced interface design. It seems to be on by default as well for a fresh install, which is really odd.
  • SASChris
    SASChris
    ✭✭

Ahh I see, after reading through again last night I figured as much, should've been more thorough before :) . I too am having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what this new option does.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

No joke, I thought they changed the whole interface and nothing worked right. Pretty much decided to quit ESO if this was their idea of an enhanced interface design. It seems to be on by default as well for a fresh install, which is really odd.

Yeah it's a major issue imo. There are two parts of the problem:

1. Accessibility mode turns on gamepad mode by default, even with no gamepad detected, without telling the player.
    2. Turning accessibility mode OFF doesn't turn off gamepad mode. It makes it hard for most players to figure out what's wrong, if they've never seen gamepad mode (like me).
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner