The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden support/healer for PVP

Digibrax
Digibrax
✭✭✭
Hi. I am fairly new to PVP, although not new in the game.
I want to get a little bit more into the PVP, so I am looking for something thet would be interesting for me to play. I don't like meta.
So, I was thinking about warden support/healer, but more on a stamina side and in full heavy armor. I want to be tanky, and be able to provide for my teammates.
I would love a build with bow and S&B, that seems a lot of fun :D
  • Vizir
    Vizir
    ✭✭✭
    As a new player going heal/support isn't going to be easy as you'll be looking at only zerg surfing and pick up groups. You'll be pretty unlikely to get much by the way of peeling (friendly players who do their best to "peel" enemy players off of you) as you will get focused, hard.

The major issue is how much you want to be specced into a playstyle. Heal/support absolutely require groups/zerg surfing but you can also be a mix of solo and heal/support.

With Bow you can use bombard to root enemies in place, which is very effective on breaches and works both defensively (root the chasing enemies in place) and offensively (roots the fleeing enemies in place). Can go deep fissure for the major breach and to help kill/debuff enemies. Soothing spores is a good stam heal which works under negates which can save people caught under them. In groups you can go back bar powerful assault but it requires either alot of gold or telvar and only works in groups but works fine back bar with SnB.

You can also go Bow/Resto Staff. Can run 5x armor master set on bow bar, maelstrom powered resto, 5x heartland conqueror body, 1x magma and markyn ring. Can go 5 medium 2 heavy (or 1H 1L) so you use shuffle on bow armor master bar.

Bars would maybe look like:

Bow:
    1. Spammable (Snipe, warden bird attack)
    2. Deep Fissure
    3. Bombard
    4. Shuffle
    5. Venom Arrow or Netch (Mag or stam)- Netch is better but makes you vulnerable to plaguebreak
    Ult: Permafrost or Offensive Ult like bow ult, dawnbreaker

Resto:
    1. Soothing Spores
    2. Vigor (Expansive is nice but less self healing)
    3. Radiating Regen
    4. *Flex Spot*
    5. Ice Fortress (the minor protection outweighs the larger radius in pugs)
    Ult: Barrier or Enchanted Forest (Barrier group only, but can be used before incoming damage so less lost via overhealing)

The flex spot you have a few options. Arctic blast gives you a stun and some self healing, polar wind more outgoing healing but no stun. Illustious healing for more healing Aoes. Bursting vines for a instant big heal on others (not yourself). Orbs (healing better for pugs without harmony) for more support/healing. Can also use crystallized slab for projectile protection and a less reliable stun come next patch (but is still on pts so may not be the case upon release). Leeching vines for a pseudo hot and mag and stam sustain with green balance passives.

Can go jewels of misrule for decent stam and mag sustain, or bewitched if you are good with bow/resto heavies. Race doesn't matter all that much, pretty much anything would work.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digibrax wrote: »
    Hi. I am fairly new to PVP, although not new in the game.
    I want to get a little bit more into the PVP, so I am looking for something thet would be interesting for me to play. I don't like meta.
    So, I was thinking about warden support/healer, but more on a stamina side and in full heavy armor. I want to be tanky, and be able to provide for my teammates.
    I would love a build with bow and S&B, that seems a lot of fun :D

Good news first:

Organised groups typically need multiple StamWardens who can heal. Up to half of an organised group consists of wardens.

Basically, if the enemy Negate comes out it is your turn to save the day.

Your preferences:

Tankyness is a given anyways, but the best combination of Sword and Board and bow is a Frost staff backbar (Twohander/ 2 Weapons main bar). This has the additional benefit that your Eye-of-the-storm is better than Sleet Storm, and that your projectile shield works for your whole group and not only for yourself (Wall of Frost).

Skills that are generally expected:

Deep Fissure (NOT SubAssault, as older guides might tell you).
    Vigor
    Soothing Spores

Skills that actually make a difference, healing-wise, but require some skill:

Budding Seeds
    Nature's Embrace.

Nature's embrace also acts as a deterrent as Healer Tarzan Wardens are generally considered harder to kill AND more experienced than, say, a normal bow warden.
    Edited by Thraben on April 27, 2022 5:04PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank players help the enemy build ultimate, BG? don't play that.
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, Bow + Frost staff also seems like fun. Would it work?
    What about mobility with this build potentially?
    Edited by Digibrax on April 29, 2022 9:00AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digibrax wrote: »
    Hmm, Bow + Frost staff also seems like fun. Would it work?
    What about mobility with this build potentially?

Without a Twohander/ two one handed weapons you cannot reliably finish people off.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Without a Twohander/ two one handed weapons you cannot reliably finish people off.

Why would I need to finish people of with a healer? :wink:
    I mean, I could but that's what my team mates are for :)