The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for group/friends/guild

tr_shadow
tr_shadow
Soul Shriven
Heyo everyone! A good whatever time of day it may be to you!
I'm a new player, new to Eso (have this game for a while though), new to MMO's, kinda trying my luck if this might be something for me or not (so far it's fun).
I would like to try random dungeons and was wondering if there are peeps out there who would like to do this in a maybe not so random group kinda like me. Maybe (almost) everyday?
I'm kind of complicated though. Less for you and more for myself is what I mean. I'm more of a loner, introvert etc. not because I'm shy but because people tend to tire me out rather quickly (not so much anymore though than it used to be). Not necessarily because I'm an unfriendly idiot or they are. Rather because of the bad experiences I made in the past (and I mean life in general not gaming online). But, anyway, here I am, wanting to give this all another shot.
I'd consider myself an open minded, friendly, respectful, calm and very patient guy and if you're okay with me retreating from time to time because of what I stated earlier, then maybe we could get together ingame for tackling these random dungeons every now and then (or maybe even other stuff)? I'll be mostly online during the evening (around 8pm MESZ - Germany).
Oh and I'm mainly playing a healer Magicka-Templar, magplar it's called in the cool tongue if I'm not mistaken.
I'm @tr.shadow ingame, so you can just shoot me an invite, chat to me, write me a message (here or ingame) or whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe there is even a guild out there that is okay with a strange fellow like me.
And please don't take it the wrong way if I don't answer (right away) I might have overseen it, be afk or I don't know what not, but I'm not ignoring people. :)

Alright, thanks for reading, have fun and take care!
  • Nienna001
    Nienna001
    Hey, if you haven't found anywhere, check out our guild. Dawning of the Alfiqs is a casual social guild with members all all different timezones. Our main focus is community and just enjoying the game, although we do run some events focused more towards harder content, including working on running our own trials, as several of us very much enjoy trials. Whilst we are small, we are growing so check us out if you want https://discord.gg/qvBusR6Waj.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tr_shadow wrote: »
    I'm more of a loner, introvert etc. not because I'm shy but because people tend to tire me out rather quickly. (...) I'd consider myself an open minded, friendly, respectful, calm and very patient guy

You are very patient guy but people tire you out rather quickly? Aren't these two traits mutually excluding? :)

If you are friendly and open minded, maybe open up for people in game, offer free werewolf or vampire bites, be ready to offer support in killing world bosses, clearing out delves etc. Good idea is also to join a PvP group in Cyrodill, more chances to get to know better in a battlefield. If you return another day and look for the same group leader and people, in time you can make some friends.

But there is nothing wrong in playing without friends, sometimes it's even better. That's from my own perspective and experience... I guess a lot of MMO players are loners and introverts.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • tr_shadow
    tr_shadow
    Soul Shriven
    Nienna001 wrote: »
    Hey, if you haven't found anywhere, check out our guild. Dawning of the Alfiqs is a casual social guild with members all all different timezones. Our main focus is community and just enjoying the game, although we do run some events focused more towards harder content, including working on running our own trials, as several of us very much enjoy trials. Whilst we are small, we are growing so check us out if you want https://discord.gg/qvBusR6Waj.

Thanks! I still have one guild slot free so I might check this out soon! I guess I'd be interested in harder content as well but have the feeling I'm not nearly far enough yet.
  • tr_shadow
    tr_shadow
    Soul Shriven
    Gargath wrote: »
    tr_shadow wrote: »
    I'm more of a loner, introvert etc. not because I'm shy but because people tend to tire me out rather quickly. (...) I'd consider myself an open minded, friendly, respectful, calm and very patient guy

You are very patient guy but people tire you out rather quickly? Aren't these two traits mutually excluding? :)

If you are friendly and open minded, maybe open up for people in game, offer free werewolf or vampire bites, be ready to offer support in killing world bosses, clearing out delves etc. Good idea is also to join a PvP group in Cyrodill, more chances to get to know better in a battlefield. If you return another day and look for the same group leader and people, in time you can make some friends.

But there is nothing wrong in playing without friends, sometimes it's even better. That's from my own perspective and experience... I guess a lot of MMO players are loners and introverts.

Hey, thanks for the interest + advice!

As I said I am kind of complicated. As well as strange. They aren't excluding each other for me though but you spotted that nicely. It would have been too much to tell and by trying to keep it short I phrased it kind of unlucky.
    I consider myself patient, very much so. It is very difficult to offend me and I am generally mostly calm. Let's say ingame, yes, I would wait for others, if they want to experience the story I might already know - while others might just rush recklessly. That, in short, was kind of what I meant with patience. As for the "people tiring me out quickly" it's generally not because of them but because of the bad experiences I have made. It can be, as an example, difficult to see a hand as something that can touch gently when all you really ever experienced was it hurting you. It's a long story but to keep it rather short: It's a shift in mindset as well as expectations I have to work on with myself.
    I hope it's a little more clear now.

Aaaand, as for bites and stuff: I am far to new in this game to be able to share most of that. :smiley:
    I have already made some contacts here and there and it's not that I'm a hardcore loner (not that much anymore at least). It's just that I wouldn't have anything against making another friend or two and enjoying this game together. :smile:
    Edited by tr_shadow on April 24, 2022 11:10PM