The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch Notes v.1.0.6 Posted

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
They have posted the latest patch notes here;

PATCH NOTES V1.0.6

BUT you need to read this note about the extended maintenance downtime because the actual patch did NOT get deployed because of some issue apparently.
ESO MAINTENANCE EU & NA MEGASERVER - 4/29/14 [COMPLETE]

The maintenance is complete, and the European megaserver is now back online and available. However, due to an unforeseen issue during the maintenance, patch 1.0.6 was not deployed.

As our team is We are currently investigating the issue encountered that prevented us from rolling out patch 1.06. The previously announced maintenance scheduled for on the North American megaserver is cancelled and will not happen for today, Tuesday the 29th of April 29th.

We will update you with more information when it is available. In the meantime you can read the 1.0.6 patch notes.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! LOL I was just about to post this and of course the great @Moonraker‌ beat me to it!

One of the items says it will fix an issue with the Mac client crashing! Could this be the one we've been waiting for!? Can we finally venture into Cyrodiil and actually enjoy PvP!!!!???!
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    Also these:
    We have a few additions to these patch notes, specifically for the Mac client. We'll be updating the original post with these changes as well.

Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue that would cause a gradual memory leak during long play sessions.
    Fixed an issue where using dual monitors and bumping the edge of the second screen could inadvertently switch you to windowed mode.
    Fixed an issue where the keyboard language could be set to non Latin on startup.
    Gina Bruno
    Assistant Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They updated the Mac notes to reflect the detailed changes as the previous one did not convey them fully and may have been misread;
    ZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
    9:04PM Staff Post
    We have a few additions to these patch notes, specifically for the Mac client. We'll be updating the original post with these changes as well.

Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue that would cause a gradual memory leak during long play sessions.
    Fixed an issue where using dual monitors and bumping the edge of the second screen could inadvertently switch you to windowed mode.
    Fixed an issue where the keyboard language could be set to non Latin on startup.
    Main thing to take from this is that the work on the memory issue is ongoing and that fixes (unlikely to be one single item) are added as they become available. As the official Patch Notes reflect now.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 29, 2014 7:47PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! LOL I was just about to post this and of course the great @Moonraker‌ beat me to it!

One of the items says it will fix an issue with the Mac client crashing! Could this be the one we've been waiting for!? Can we finally venture into Cyrodiil and actually enjoy PvP!!!!???!
    On this I suggest to check the revised Mac notes in the Patch Notes (posted separately) which clarify the extent of the fixes that have been put in.

I would presume that there is not one 'silver bullet' fix but finding and identifying all potentially contributing issues and addressing them as they come up. Hopefully that as more get identified and fixed then the issue is lessened and fully addressed over time.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 29, 2014 8:30PM
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    So when does the patch actually drop?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    n0de wrote: »
    So when does the patch actually drop?
    Tomorrow apparently. Except for Europeans who have to wait an extra day now they changed the maintenance days.
    ESO MAINTENANCE FOR PATCH V1.0.6

Hello, everyone!

We will be performing maintenance on the North American and European megaservers starting tomorrow, April 30th, to deploy patch v1.0.6.
    The North American megaserver will be brought down at 6:00am EDT / 12:00pm BST on Wednesday, April 30th.
    The European megaserver will be brought down at 5:00am BST / 6:00am CEST on Thursday, May 1st.

We expect each maintenance to last a few hours, and will let you know when the server is offline, and once the maintenance is complete. The patch notes for v1.0.6 are already available for you to view here.

Thanks!
    source
    Edited by Moonraker on April 29, 2014 8:40PM
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    So does this mean I can actually up my settings in Cyrodil now?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean I can actually up my settings in Cyrodil now?
    From reading it I would think not so much.
    We did see some improvement in PVE questing but it did not seem to help much in the higher demands of big battle PvP.

I guess we will see tomorrow (or Thursday for use Europeans).
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    If I bootcamped could I play on higher settings?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I bootcamped could I play on higher settings?
    It's not really about higher settings though maybe it depends on setup etc. It's the fact that currently the
    Mac client has a memory issue and crashes quite frequently in PvP big battles and PC doesn't though it has it's own issue and the server has it's also. So to avoid crashes it is one option for now.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that over the last few patches that where in the past on my old 2006 1.1mac pro I would crash to the desktop after about 2 to 3 hours in the early zones that I now get my automatic rest break after about 4 to 5 hours of play. But I only have one toon past 10 and the other 7 are 7 to 9 so I am ignorant about pvp.... I want all my toons to about 12 before I decide on which race/class I will make my main...

But there has been steady improvement in the mac client over the last month

And yes I read every book and open every basket etc and I level very slowly....
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But there has been steady improvement in the mac client over the last month

Yes, there sure has been. It's really rather a matter of iteration: it takes time, but things will be ironed out eventually. You just cannot rush things too much in software engineering; start using kludges as a shortcut, and soon enough you'll end up like this (right branch): https://xkcd.com/844/.
    And yes I read every book and open every basket etc and I level very slowly....

You mean to imply... there are other ways to play? Shocking! :wink:
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing fixed for fishing, THEY HAVE NO LOVE FOR FISHERS !
  • UncleArkie
    UncleArkie
    Soul Shriven
    I have noticed that over the last few patches that where in the past on my old 2006 1.1mac pro

I'm just gonna completely derail and do a yay mac post! I doubt we're seeing many 8 year old PC's running the game. ^^

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    Still nothing fixed for fishing, THEY HAVE NO LOVE FOR FISHERS !
    Some Fishing love coming in patch 1.1. currently on the PTS test server ;)
    Fishing
    Fixed several issues with Fishing Achievements, including text errors, duplicate fish, tooltip information, and making unattainable Fishing Achievements achievable.
    Fish no longer have a level requirement.
    Fish now have category icons based on their type and water source.
    High level cloth harvest nodes can now drop bugs for bait, similar to lower level nodes.
    You will no longer lose your fishing rod after you’re done fishing.