The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

convince me that disabling the Battle Spirit damage for at least a week would not be fun?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
it would do a little more than double everyone's damage.

even as a more bruiser styled player i have always preferred the glass / damage meta's to the everyone just stands around looking at each other.

so go ahead, convince me that a carnage and death filled pvp would not be fun.
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why should convince you of this? This seems set up to create an argument vs a discussion.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally such drastic changes always led to people adjusting their damage and tankyness to continue playing similarly to before. So enabling such high damage. will first off lead to people building much more tankier.

On the other hand, I just fear everyone will play some sneaky stealth one-shot character, since approximately 50% damage increase is just too much and the easiest and logic way to play it, is to be safe in the shadows and combo somebody out of stealth. We have seen burst combos up to 40k against tankier pvp builds in this patch, that being doubled means that just nobody is safe at any place to be one shot with up to 80k damage.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this game was more popular and actually had a decent size PvP population, this would be a fun randomly-selected weekly game mode in BGs.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've had far less drastic damage patches resulting in what others have said. Nightblades OP initially. Everyone building tankier after a few weeks. The game's armor set selection is balanced around Battle Spirit. If you get rid of it, the viable armor sets will shrink to a select few. What you eventually get is a return to the status quo, but with less build variety, because everyone will be running something like Pariah + Ironblood, 64 points into health and slot Revealing Flare. In other words: Players largely choose the meta. I'm convinced of it.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB special event: self-healing only
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally such drastic changes always led to people adjusting their damage and tankyness to continue playing similarly to before. So enabling such high damage. will first off lead to people building much more tankier.

On the other hand, I just fear everyone will play some sneaky stealth one-shot character, since approximately 50% damage increase is just too much and the easiest and logic way to play it, is to be safe in the shadows and combo somebody out of stealth. We have seen burst combos up to 40k against tankier pvp builds in this patch, that being doubled means that just nobody is safe at any place to be one shot with up to 80k damage.

hmmmm, stealth one shots is a very legit complaint.

i too recall high damage meta's where Sorcs and NB's reigned because of their mobility.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    it would do a little more than double everyone's damage.

even as a more bruiser styled player i have always preferred the glass / damage meta's to the everyone just stands around looking at each other.

so go ahead, convince me that a carnage and death filled pvp would not be fun.

If ZoS wanted to increase the number of deaths, the issue is not the damage debuff portion of Battle Spirit.

The issue is the stacking of the same HoTs cast by different players on the same player.

I'd much rather see the stacking of the same HoTs on players limited to, say, 2. This would limit the over-effectiveness of braindead abilities like Radiating Regen that require no targeting.
    Edited by taugrim on April 17, 2022 10:06PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is like a more extreme version of the meta 18 months ago.

Most fights result in whoever lands a 1shot combo first.

A decent healer makes your team unkillable due to the ridiculous healing power.

It would be fun for 1 weekend every 3 months.
    PC NA
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Close to the numbers from PvE will be seen in PvP then. One shots left and right. No one will outheal a burst combo anymore that easily. Not to mention bombing will be more like deleting. TTK will easily be the double of what we have now.

Cyrodiil is a constant expirment on things anyways, so.. I say go for it. Sounds fun!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One word. Ganking.

Even now you can be ganked with 30k hp and 33k resistances. It would be one big gankfest where everyone sits in hide and wait till someone leaves sneak.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    During Greymoor damage reduce was reduced to 44% and it was too much. A bomber was killing solo players instantly than cloaking away before an instantly casted range skill could reach him.