The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please turn cross healing off again.

• Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    X vs. 1 fights are inherently unfair. I don't think lessening the ability to heal others is going to change that.
    I'd rather be zerged down 6v1 in the tower than heal-v-one'd until I get bored and leave. Like I'll be fighting 3 guys, I'll move in to kill the one that's low, then oh no, another 3 guys show up! Do they take advantage of me letting my guard down for an easy kill? Of course not, they spam heals on my target (with at least 1 healing ult) then blob up on the flag doing nothing but spamming more heals. Then we just kinda stare at each other. Nobody dies. Or even fights.

So yea, nerfing cross healing (and group healing this time) would indeed change things. For the better.

Sounds like what you're after is more decisive fights, rather than fights that go on and on - not the ability to 1vX more effectively, per se. If that is the case, I agree - less heals does tend to equal shorter fights. But wouldn't then it also make sense to want to nerf tanks and self heals? Why not just make everyone a glass cannon? Get rid of roles entirely?

I understand perfectly that there would be an adverse ripple effect - just think about how PVE would be affected. What I'm saying is that the dynamic you're looking for is not the dynamic of ESO. If you want to play a different type of game, that's fair - but I would encourage people to try and think within the bounds of the game they're in before trying to turn ESO into a different game entirely.

Which, aside from everything else, everyone wants to turn ESO into a new game different from everyone else who wants to turn ESO into a new game, so that clearly never works. So if there's a problem, we need to think of solutions that aren't just turning ESO into something it's not.

Just to show I can walk the walk, here's an idea - maybe lessen heals the more people they affect. Would require some balancing, sure, but I think that may be a good solution to the issues brought up in this thread without turning completely upside down the game dynamics.

Here's another one - make heals more targeted and less spammable. ZoS already designed tanks around the idea that there are no group taunts, which gives tanks in PVE an extra layer to how they play and use their rotations. Why not do something similar with healers, where there is an element of skill to where and when they send out their heals, rather than just spamming area heals? Again, this would require some balancing for power, but the concept would largely eliminate the problems in this thread - again without upturning the mechanics the game is designed around.

tl;dr The best solution usually isn't "NERF THIS ENTIRE ROLE BECAUSE OF THIS ONE THING I DON'T LIKE IN ONE SPECIFIC GAME MODE".
    Reduce all healing by 95%.

Why do you immediately want to nerf self healing too? One players outhealing a few other players doesnt mean that all players have so high self healing and that self healing is always Overpowered.
    Self healing is often not enaugh to outheal a good Mag dk or templar even with active defense. Nerfing self healing will reduce not only overperforming heal from some Overperforming Players but also weaker players that already struggle with self heal.
    Maybe a healing cap that is difficult to reach would hurt overperforming self heals and heal stacking.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reduce all healing by 95%.

No need to nerf, separate healing from SD/WD. Limit heal stacking. Done.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Disabling cross healing is just going to make it easier for ball groups to farm zergs. Zergs of random players are not grouped together and with cross healing disabled you prevent them from healing each other.

-e
    Iriidius wrote: »
    They only disabled cross heals between different groups/solo players, not cross healing inside groups. A 12 men group with cross healing have enaugh targets for cross heals, and enaugh people that heal them. Their radiant regen/group vigor find enaugh targets in group to reach cap, they have no capacity left for players outside group. But if i see another solo player beeing targeted by multiple enemys and needing heal i cant heal him because he is not in my group. Cross healing inside groups also have to be disabled like cross healing between different groups.

Isn't removing cross healing in groups basically the same as just removing healers from pvp (as in you can only heal yourself)? Because I can't picture that being a popular or fun decision.

I think group cross healing should be still enabled, but outside of group should be disabled to promote more small scale pvp and not faction stacked zergs.

Also, ballgroups only run for a couple of hours and are easy to avoid, you really make the conscious decision to get farmed by them, plenty of other fights on the map when they run,

what's with all the hate for us random solo potatoes...

I have little to no desire to group up with others...I love fighting with my allies though - cross-healing is a big part of that playstyle...

now, if cross-healing was also disabled within groups, maybe...that would be some silly gameplay though...like eliminating the healer playstyle altogether...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place