Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Keyboard vs. Controller Issue

NierielSilverbee
NierielSilverbee
Soul Shriven
I logged into the PTS and it has me set-up as using a controller/gamepad. Uh, no. I use a keyboard and mouse. It's set up that way on the NA server; no issues there. Settings on the PTS is showing very limited setting options and that isn't one. How do I change the PTS setting from controller to keyboard?
Nieriel
Razum Dar'lings
PC/NA
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    You probably checked the accessibility mode when logging in. Guess they are calling console UI that now.
    For me, no way to turn it off in any humanly possible way.
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, there was that. I turned it off again, but it's still in gamepad mode. :(
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • Aram500
    Aram500
    ✭✭
    All ok now
    Edited by Aram500 on April 18, 2022 9:55PM
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gamepad UI is now also implemented on login screens and character selection it seems.

Make sure to select 'Automatic' under controls > gamepad

I had the same confusing issue after first login since I do all my menu stuff with mouse and keyboard but action gameplay with controller.
  • Taryn57
    Taryn57
    ✭✭
    That is what has happened to me, I don't seem to be able to change anything and I am finding it almost impossible to navigate with a keyboard and mouse.
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    same - can't turn off Accessibility Mode
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Yesss thank goodness it's not just me. I can't access any of my menus. I can't get into any settings at all, inventory, guilds, nothing. There is no way to change anything. I turned accessibility off but it is not going back to normal after restarting game a dozen times. Can't log out even through menu. Was so much better before, this is unplayable like this. Also can't see any dialogue options or windows when talking to the npcs. It's a hot mess
    Edited by MarleyRain on April 18, 2022 9:43PM
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    The gamepad UI is now also implemented on login screens and character selection it seems.

Make sure to select 'Automatic' under controls > gamepad

I had the same confusing issue after first login since I do all my menu stuff with mouse and keyboard but action gameplay with controller.

There are no "controls" or "gamepad". The only items under settings are: video, audio, gameplay, accessibility.

I'm also glad it's not just me, but still sad it's happening at all.
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, apparently the "accessibility mode" turns on gamepad ui for whatever reason and after turning it off everything is fine again. Whatever.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, apparently the "accessibility mode" turns on gamepad ui for whatever reason and after turning it off everything is fine again. Whatever.

There is no way to turn it off again.. I did multiple times and restarted game a dozen times. It's not fixed at all so I'm not sure you what mean. Can't get into any menus to change gamepad mode to automatic as there are no menus lol.
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    MarleyRain wrote: »

There is no way to turn it off again.. I did multiple times and restarted game a dozen times. It's not fixed at all so I'm not sure you what mean. Can't get into any menus to change gamepad mode to automatic as there are no menus lol.

Exactly. Read the whole thread. If you had, you wouldn't have been so dismissive.
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    06bel68a6cxq.png
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    06bel68a6cxq.png

Those options are not showing up once the accessibility mode is on. No matter if you turn it back off or not... We have obviously tried everything we could to get it back to normal before coming here to report the problem in the first place. It's just not there... But thanks for trying to help.
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to turn it off as well. There is also a new ‘accessibility’ option now that must be turned off as well.

By putting gamepad mode on ‘automatic’ again I can use keyboard for inventory and controller for movement.
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    gwyhxxo9ttyd.png
    mbvzg192580w.png
    r8c3k2o7icu3.png
    pjf6xqo0t3ht.png

This is exactly what I see in the order I see them.
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    gwyhxxo9ttyd.png
    mbvzg192580w.png
    r8c3k2o7icu3.png
    pjf6xqo0t3ht.png

This is exactly what I see in the order I see them.

Same... Its set to off but nothing is back to normal. 🥺
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, thanks for the reports here. We've passed this along to the team to ensure it gets addressed in a future patch - disabling Accessibility Mode should revert your UI back to the regular mouse & keyboard UI.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone, thanks for the reports here. We've passed this along to the team to ensure it gets addressed in a future patch - disabling Accessibility Mode should revert your UI back to the regular mouse & keyboard UI.

Thanks, Gina!
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • harvspecial
    harvspecial
    ✭✭✭
    If what Gina suggested doesn’t work for you( it didn’t for me unfortunately, I would recommend deleting your user settings txt file in documents within the pts folder and loading the game back up. Make sure to not select the accessibility mode.
  • Duane
    Duane
    ✭✭✭
    Figured out a fix
    Go to your documents folder
    Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>PTS>User Settings
    Change 'Set Input Mode" to "2" rather than "1" and save it.
    Make sure the ESO app is closed when you do this. :smile:

tcly5w36tp8j.png
    hmjkgd25quu1.png

• yoyo420232
    yoyo420232
    ✭✭✭
    I love this as a person who came from console and as a person who uses a controller so nice to log in with the controller and not mouse and keyboard then pick up the controller just makes sense if you have a controller plugged in but it should only apply if there’s a controller and not just out the gate
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    Duane wrote: »
    Figured out a fix

tcly5w36tp8j.png
    hmjkgd25quu1.png

This worked a treat! Thanks so much!
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • Nila
    Nila
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Gina but disabling is not working ;)
    Duane wrote: »
    Figured out a fix

tcly5w36tp8j.png
    hmjkgd25quu1.png

Thank you so much Duane <3 it worked B)

PC EU