Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO+ Free trial?

Tigertron
Tigertron
✭✭✭✭
Normally by this time we have had a free ESO+ trial. I normally sub in between trials depending on what content I want and the state of my craft bag.

So are the free trials gone the way of crates and mounts in daily rewards?

I don’t mind but it would be nice to know so I can plan. Like I said I only sub for a month at a time as I want what it offers so it kinda sucks if I sub and right after ZOS offers it for free.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last one was last October. I guess that doesn’t guarantee there will be another, but they tend to average one every 4-6 months.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the past 5 years it has been end of Jan, end of April and one at a random time from Sept to Oct.

Last year the Jan one was borked and they fixed it around this time and the rest followed previous years time line.

But here we are at start of March, so I don’t know if they will offer them or not or if they will just be less frequent. I can’t guess but so I’ll just have to wait and see.
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    They updated the eso+ trial help page in february, so I'm guessing it's coming soon.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    April will be great.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late march or april probs
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • OmniaRR
    OmniaRR
    Would be nice to fill-up the craft bag again ;)
    ...older player so please speak slowly... ;-) - Guild ...still searching ^^
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

If it matters to ZOS, I took a break because I needed to restock my bag but was waiting for the free ESO+, since it never happened I have been playing other games. I am almost done with my single-player RPG but no free ESO+ on the horizon so I may just jump into Elden Ring for awhile.

I have enough backlog that I probably wont return until I know how the free trial will be handled which could theoretically be next year.

For what its worth I would much rather have ESO+ pause when I'm not logged in. So if I log in, then 1 day is deducted and 24hr later another day. If I don't log in for a week or two then the sub is paused. Being pressured to log in everyday for a month to "get my money's worth" is not the way I like to play, and I wont.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 3, 2022 5:50PM
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    Event started, I literally can't carry anything anymore.
    ESO+ trial is long overdue, thought it would come with event start at least :/
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foxhearted wrote: »

One solution is to pay for a month subscription.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t have a Necromancer anyway, so I rolled up a new bank alt.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it was Jubilee of 2 years ago when they gave an ESO+ free trial towards the end of the anniversary event. I wouldn't count on that, since they don't seem to have or base decisions on institutional history, but maybe some hope?
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They try to avoid doing a free trial on events, so people are more forced to sub because of their full bags.

Usually they made a free trial after the new chapter reveal in january, but this missed out somehow this year.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Armory Station came out.

ZOS is trying to maximize the amount of subs they get from people who want to update their already full homes. Plus it’s not like they’re obligated to give us free ESO+.... makes sense why the wait is longer this time.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 8, 2022 4:05PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo... we skipped the winter "window"? Then the next one may happen around the end of April

https://nairinhe.github.io/index_releases.html
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

not paying for this game anymore :)
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, not paying for a broken game.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you still keep playing and enjoying it o:)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you still keep playing and enjoying it o:)

Nothing wrong with that! :smiley:

Fun game, even with the bugs, but I no longer recommend paying for ESO Plus. Apparently, many people just use it for storage, and that is expensive storage. Somewhere around $150/yr just to store digital items that have no intrinsic value outside of the game? Instead, take the approach that the "stuff" is not that important and sell it or delete it.

Put that money towards buying a better computer that can play the next generation of games. :smile:

Edit: I do recommend the free trials, through. Not so much the free play trials, but definitely the free ESO Plus. Just wait for them, and treat them like a fixed length event. Don't become dependent upon them.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 12, 2022 12:22PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then it doesn't really matter if you go play another game, right?
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Then it doesn't really matter if you go play another game, right?

already do, although I stilll draw more than I game :)
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe after the anniversary event? :p
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they don't get enough people to take on membership after the free trials. Sounds like everyone just uses a free trial instead of getting membership so the trial is a waste of time and of no benefit to them. I imagine they''ll be able to run a report to see how many involved in the trial actually buy ESO plus afterwards?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    Maybe they don't get enough people to take on membership after the free trials. Sounds like everyone just uses a free trial instead of getting membership so the trial is a waste of time and of no benefit to them. I imagine they''ll be able to run a report to see how many involved in the trial actually buy ESO plus afterwards?

I've been thinking the same thing. The free trials aren't ZOS doing players a favour, they want players who don't currently subscribe to try it out, discover that they like it and buy a paid subscription so they keep getting the benefits. If they found that wasn't happening, and especially if they found they actually get more subscribers when there isn't a trial for a while because some people pay just to dump stuff in the crafting bag or whatever, then they don't have any reason to offer one.

I think it's the same with the free crown crates they used to give subscribers during trials. It didn't lead to an increase in crate sales so they stopped doing it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"