The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Speed run bragging!

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
We were looking to kill a lot of spiders, so my three regular buddies and I decided to do a speed run through non vet Spindleclutch

4 min 47 seconds from everyone loaded in to killed last boss!!

Woo Hoo!!
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i figured out the trick to solo direfrost keep, i realized you only have to actually kill 1 of the bosses before the final one, so i could solo direfrost keep in approx 8 min lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i figured out the trick to solo direfrost keep, i realized you only have to actually kill 1 of the bosses before the final one, so i could solo direfrost keep in approx 8 min lol

It’s a little tricky but you can run all the way to last boss :p
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would put an Undaunted Book outside the lobby of every single dungeon, arena, and trial which shows the server’s all-time best score/time for that content.

On a side note, there would be a LOT more interest in a weekly dungeon leaderboard that gives out gold dungeon jewelry, compared to the weekly trial leaderboard which no one cares about.

• Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Direfrost is harder to solo due to the 2nd pressure plate...there are some ways around it but it's not reliable and just wastes time. The other one that you can run all the way to last boss is Blackheart Haven but it's also tough to solo because you get turned into an useless skeleton by the final boss. Duo dungeons is still the sweet spot for speed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i tried multiple ways and the the one door would not open until i used the levers on both of the doors

i did test getting through the first door killing the troll and opening it, but the door to continue the dungeon wasnt open, i had to go back, go through the 2nd door and kill the boss with the exploding ice scamps and then use lever on that door too in order to get through

i could have shaved several minutes off my time probably by going through with a stealth toon, but i might have lost the time skipping the mobs killing the bosses lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

Direfrost is harder to solo due to the 2nd pressure plate...there are some ways around it but it's not reliable and just wastes time. The other one that you can run all the way to last boss is Blackheart Haven but it's also tough to solo because you get turned into an useless skeleton by the final boss. Duo dungeons is still the sweet spot for speed.

i tried multiple ways and the the one door would not open until i used the levers on both of the doors

i did test getting through the first door killing the troll and opening it, but the door to continue the dungeon wasnt open, i had to go back, go through the 2nd door and kill the boss with the exploding ice scamps and then use lever on that door too in order to get through

i could have shaved several minutes off my time probably by going through with a stealth toon, but i might have lost the time skipping the mobs killing the bosses lol

I’m talking about going around all of that and jumping into the boss room you’d reach if you had been able to activate the two pressure plates. Using the same method you could go to Iceheart or (although tricky) to the last boss as well.

The pressure plates are unfortunately not able to be used solo so I would just go around them entirely 🤷‍♂️
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

My speedrunning skill is only in fetchquests and collectables. Max character and mount speed, so many houses and all the wayshrines for teleports, cloak for running past NPCs, xbox one x for fast load times (not as fast as my PC but I'm primarily an xbox ESO player these days). I can clear a zone of skyshards in minutes.

Never timed myself though - might have to try that.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

I’m talking about going around all of that and jumping into the boss room you’d reach if you had been able to activate the two pressure plates. Using the same method you could go to Iceheart or (although tricky) to the last boss as well.

The pressure plates are unfortunately not able to be used solo so I would just go around them entirely 🤷‍♂️

the only 2 ways i know to get into that room are the pressure plates (not doable solo), or using a gap closer to go through the 2nd door (which the only target in the room is the boss which means you would have to kill it anyway)

if you know a method that could go to the last boss without fighting the boss after the pressure plates, it would be interesting to learn (not that i need to speed direfrost anymore since i finished gear from there lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master