The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New DLC Question, is it just a few small quests?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not at home right now but saw the new DLC prequal (I don't recall the name) to High Isle last night for crowns. I have ESO plus I was under the impression it would be free as all other DLC's are with Plus is that not the case?

The description looks to me like it was just a few quests and not much to explore can someone let me know what the new DLC is exactly? Does it take a while to get through it or is it just a few quests or? Worth trying?

Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 10, 2022 4:16PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a double dungeon dlc. So two new group dungeons with each one quest. But yes, it is included with ESO+. People without ESO+ can buy it with crowns.
    Edited by Snamyap on March 30, 2022 12:29PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first DLC of every year is a dungeon DLC, which is indeed included in ESO+. In terms of new playable content they only add two new dungeons, but also introduce new sets and sometimes mechanics and other things (like this latest one, U33, bringing Account-wide Achievements).
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not at home right now but saw the new DLC prequal (I don't recall the name) to High Isle last night for crowns. I have ESO plus I was under the impression it would be free as all other DLC's are with Plus is that not the case?

The description looks to me like it was just a few quests and not much to explore can someone let me know what the new DLC is exactly? Does it take a while to get through it or is it just a few quests or? Worth trying?

Thanks

Ever since Elsweyr, each year-long story has been divided into 4 quarters throughout the year.
    The pattern is: Dungeon DLC, Chapter, Dungeon DLC, Smaller expansion

Elsweyr's year (2019) was "Season of the Dragon" and the quarters were: Wrathstone (Dungeon DLC), Northern Elsweyr (Chapter), Scalebreaker (Dungeon DLC), Southern Elsweyr (Smaller expansion)
    The following year (2020) we had the "Dark Heart of Skyrim": Harrowstorm, Greymoor, Stonethorn, Markarth
    Then (2021) Gates of "Oblivion": Flames of Ambition, Blackwood, Waking Flame, Deadlands

Similarly, this year-long story, called "Legacy of the Bretons" will develop according to the now usual pattern: so far we know of Ascending Tide (Dungeon DLC) and High Isle (Chapter)

Dungeon DLCs and smaller expansions can be unlocked with ESO+ regardless of whether you bought the chapter or not. Previous chapters can be unlocked with ESO+ once a new chapter comes out. So Blackwood will be available with ESO+ once High Isle is released.

It is important to note that last year, the Deadlands smaller expansion was given for free to all Blackwood owners, so maybe they might do the same this year, who knows.
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some time before the High Isle launches, you can play through it's Prologue Quests. If you wish to be familiar with characters appearing in the Prologue & the dungeons, you should at least complete the Daggerfall Covenant questline and Dragonhold DLC questline.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ gives you temporary access to all DLC, but you don't own them.

So ESO+ lets you play Ascending Tide as long as you have ESO+, but since you don't own it, you'll still see it in the Crown Store as purchaseable. "Owning" it lets you play it whether you have ESO+ or not.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

You can find out more information about the recent DLC Ascending Tide by following the link below.

When does The Elder Scrolls Online: Ascending Tide release?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post