The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ERROR 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail

Dovahkiin02191973
Dovahkiin02191973
✭✭✭
I am getting this error on both a Steam installation and a non steam installation. The instructions tell you to report it to support but there is also a list of about 6 or 7 things you can do to fix it. I have tried them all and the only one that seems to work so far is running the game as an administrator. I did that and the error has not come back. This leaves questions though. The game is playable but is it missing something that should be there? I don't know so I am reaching out to the ESO community for answers. Has anyone else gotten this error today?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 10, 2022 4:10PM
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I think I found the best solution in support. Deleting a folder called Program Data located in the file structure with the manifest in it allows the game to generate a new one. Running the game as admin is a temporary fix.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey me too. First last week and now this week. Update = Repair. Tonight it did NOT want to repair, kept telling me that if this continued for an hour to contact someone. LOL no. I worked around it, and am repairing, but this is a real PITA.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also getting this problem. I just ignored it and waited a minute and the button went from repair to play. *shrug*
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure this error can be ignored as when I ran the launcher this morning it was back. None of the suggested fixes in support are permanent. ZOS is going to have to correct this. I actually don't even use the launcher anyways except to update after a patch. I use the 64 bit straight to game exe files to play which takes the launcher out of the picture and allows the game to run on a 64 bit OS which is better than the launcher as it is 32 bit.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on March 30, 2022 12:53PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since there are multiple threads discussing issues with opening the ESO launcher, we've decided to close this discussion. If you've not done so, please try the troubleshooting found in the link below. Further conversation can take place here.

What do I do if I get Error 209 "PatchManifestError_VersionFail?"
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.