Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Launcher Broken

RisenEclipse
RisenEclipse
✭✭✭✭✭
u6z2gwcd0zu3.png

This is what I am seeing now. I am not playing through steam. Im on PC. There has never been an issue with ESO and my computer being able to run it before the patch, so I HIGHLY doubt it's that. The game WILL play. But then sometimes the play button gets replaced with the repair one, and I need to repair it in order to play the game again. But I will STILL get this message popping up constantly for me. I don't understand how my computer got the patch in before the servers did, as that is what the message is implying?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 1, 2022 2:12AM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed , same exact thing happened to me after downloading today's patch.

Of course, running the 'REPAIR' solved it ...but ... i'm hoping i won't need to do that every single time i wanna play?
    Options
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting this same error but only after leaving game.
    Options
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting this error, after closing the game.

I am playing through Steam.

It wouldn't let me repair. Repair failed MULTIPLE TIMES.

But relaunching the game several times finally allowed it.

Repairing once fixed the issue and the play button is lit up.

Thank God I have a ten core CPU and an SSD. Otherwise this would take hours.
    Options
  • GormBT
    GormBT
    Repairing the Launcher fixed this for me
    Options
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Same here...got it last week sometime...and again today on 3/28
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repairing throws a different error for me as I posted in a different thread. I always wonder if support even reads the tickets they get.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had it and did repair, reboot, then repair again then was good
    Options
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same, although once i log into the game and start playing...the Launcher is doing the same ERROR pop-up again.

Very odd and most certainly related to today's patch.
    Options
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    For me it was there when I first tried to play today. I restarted the launcher and it was still there. I restart steam and I still got the error.
    So I click on the KB Article link and started reading up on it for a bit. A short time later I clicked back on my launcher and it was good to go.

After playing for a bit I /quit and left the launcher open. I had a sandwich and came back to seeing the error 209 telling me to repair again.

Restarted the launcher and it was fine. We'll see how this goes.

EDIT: It's back after submitting this post.
    Edited by IsJustaGhost on March 29, 2022 6:50AM
    Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I have it also, but refused to repair, launcher still works. I do not trust what it is intending to repair there, will wait and see if ZOS can fix it on their end.
    Options
  • pwillard
    pwillard
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm seeing this behavior... using STEAM... only happens when I *exit* the game... The PLAY button shows up fine when I start it... and game play is fine.
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Same, although once i log into the game and start playing...the Launcher is doing the same ERROR pop-up again.

Very odd and most certainly related to today's patch.

I've had the same happen.
    Options
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting the same, playing through Steam and not (2 accounts) I only occasionally get it and only on exit, if I click repair it does it's thing but still happens and if I just exit without clicking when I restart there is no repair issue
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same error yesterday, and found out that again the antivirus was blocking the *new* patched esolauncher for trying to modifying data.

I had enough of that and decided to simply exclude the whole folder to anything from my antivirus.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem yesterday and it is back again today.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch manifest error appears for me as well. Not preventing me from playing and the game updated normally.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    I would not bother repairing or reinstalling for this, Not for this one. If it comes up, just restart your launcher. Repeat the process until you can play. It's not a corrupted install.
    Options
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Sorta the same issues.

Tried repair but was in a loop. Never worked. Rebooted system, same issue. Went to Steam and verified files. All OK. Tried to start and got the repair again. Last try it resorted to a complete reinstall just like a new game.

What's the deal??

Update: Got it started and, once in, everything seemed normal. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Edited by Strut6569 on March 30, 2022 5:24AM
    Options
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    It is happening here for me, I don't run the repair, just click close, then try again, weird bug, sure it's done it before over the last few years, I avoid using repair at all costs.
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    had the same bug
    I stopper my crypto miner and it got it to work
    no Idea if its connected
    Edited by WiseSky on March 30, 2022 2:41AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same problem on my game. I repaired the client following the instructions on the KB and it went away, but then today, my game crashed and when I tried to launch the game again, I got the error again today. After that happened, I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. I will post on the forums if I have any more problems.
    Options
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Me too.

Opps! Wrong thread. :#
    Edited by Strut6569 on March 30, 2022 5:36AM
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same now for me. Pops up, kill the launcher, run it again and it's fine.
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It came back again. So I submitted a ticket.
    Options
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. Had to do a repair for the game to work.
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleting every file (including mods) connected to Elder Scrolls Online on my computer via searching in the file explorer and will then reinstall it without using mods.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Past few days, this one was able to ignore and play. Now it forces repair. What's more, after repair is complete, if launcher stays open for perhaps 15-20 mins without running game, message appears again magically, forcing another repair. Kind of getting old, yes?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me as well. Seems that after every major update my launcher goes sour. Although I originally bought through STEAM, I directly log on. Game still works after the error if I try logging in about 3 times, so its annoying & worrisome, but isn't stopping play....thank the Gods! PC/NA, Windows 7
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on here in forums right now because I'm reinstalling because of this.

:#

Edit: completed complete reinstall. Same Issue Remains.
    Edited by barney2525 on March 30, 2022 7:58PM
    Options
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on issue. Repair button constantly tries to come up. The same error message will also appear. The launcher is also very slow to actually appear on my screen after I click the desktop shortcut to bring it up.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.