The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 209 - PatchmanifestError_VersionFail" after March 28, 4:00AM EDT patch

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
Since this new patch came out I'm unable to log in to the game.

I keep getting the following error each time:

Y9UPe6t.png

zvGkJX9.png

ESO was working perfectly for me prior to the patch.. now I can't play the game. I've tried to see if Steam had an update... nothing.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 28, 2022 8:09PM
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    My friend is having the same problem. She ran a repair with no luck. She is currently re-downloading the game to see if that fixes things.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Verify the game files from Steam (right click ESO on your games library / Properties / Local Files / Verify integrity of games files), then reboot your PC, then reopen Steam and launch ESO. The error should be fixed.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Was working this morning and now it's giving an error and repairing didn't work :(

eso.PNG

Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the launcher, kill steam, restart steam, restart launcher. I had the same thing after the patch. After doing the process explained, I got another patch (likely the same one), and it worked fine after that. I've found that just patching and hitting play is the issue....patch, close entirely, start again usually fixes this.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Verify the game files from Steam (right click ESO on your games library / Properties / Local Files / Verify integrity of games files), then reboot your PC, then reopen Steam and launch ESO. The error should be fixed.

Do NOT verify on steam, instead just restart your PC and it should be fixed.
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    I continue to get the same thing. I deleted the two files recommended, repaired, restarted and continue to get it.
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    FYI I do not use steam client.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vexen wrote: »
    FYI I do not use steam client.
    Neither do i , and i'm getting the same problem: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601184/launcher-broken

Very frustrating and perplexing.

@ZOS_Bill , any word on why this is occurring today?
  • SheepdogPaladin
    SheepdogPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me and I do not have Steam. When I first opened the launcher, I got the same error as mentioned in this thread, and my "play" button was actually a "repair" button, at first. I did not click the repair button.

All I did to resolve this was immediately close the launcher and then restarted it. I did not repair. Once the launcher reopened, the button changed to "play." I was able to enter the game fully.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just happened to me and I do not have Steam. When I first opened the launcher, I got the same error as mentioned in this thread, and my "play" button was actually a "repair" button, at first. I did not click the repair button.

All I did to resolve this was immediately close the launcher and then restarted it. I did not repair. Once the launcher reopened, the button changed to "play." I was able to enter the game fully.

I was able to play the game again by closing the launcher and then restarting it.. however... later on in the day when I want to play the game again.. The problem is persistent.. giving me the same message. I have to do the closing the launcher and restart it again.
  • SheepdogPaladin
    SheepdogPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

I was able to play the game again by closing the launcher and then restarting it.. however... later on in the day when I want to play the game again.. The problem is persistent.. giving me the same message. I have to do the closing the launcher and restart it again.

The error appeared again for me, but this time, it appeared when I exited the game client and with the launcher still running in the background. I then closed and restarted the launcher and the "play" button appeared. Just to see what would happen, I immediately attempted to log back into the game and was successful.

Although the closing and restarting of the game launcher is annoying and inconvenient, at least we are able to log in and play the game. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same error(s) on launch. PLAY button said REPAIR. I did NOT click it.
    I don't use Steam.
    I minimized the launch window to come and check the forums... after reading through this I went to try some of the things mentioned here and... when I pulled up the launch screen again (it was only minimized, not closed) the PLAY button now said PLAY and I could enter the game with no issues... so far.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Took me a few tries, but I did get in by doing the exit and restart a few times. I have a feeling the problem is on there end and its downloading a corrupt manifest file.
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having the same problem all day. I even went as far as uninstalling and re installing. I then ran the launcher as an administrator and repaired, then closed the launcher. I then ran the launcher again as an administrator and finally had the play button appear and was able to launch the game. I hope this helps. Kudos to all the people posting fixes as ZOS hasn't really offered a solution.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reaver999 wrote: »
    . Kudos to all the people posting fixes as ZOS hasn't really offered a solution.
    updated my post in another thread from 'Bug Reports' section: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7553916#Comment_7553916
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the game has been patched ok, you should be able to run it from the .exe file in the game folder. It's always worth checking that if the launcher is playing up and repairing the files doesn't help.
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Least I'm not the only one with this issue. I logged in fine after patch but needed to get some things done in RL. Logged back in to this same issue. Closed out launcher and logged in again with no problems.
    Played for a good while but when I was logging out that same error popped up.
    PC/NA not on steam.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of players with this problem.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought I had it resolved yesterday after a repair using launcher as administrator, but the error returned today..
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did every single step ZOS asked to do in order to get rid of this bug, and the erro window is still popping up every time I start the launcher!

PLEASE, ZOS, fix this problem!
  • RawBrightSilver
    I'm getting the Error 209 window popping up on the initial screen, just like posted above, but I can still play the game. The error screen persists even if I do all of the steps that ESO has recommended to get rid of it. I even reinstalled the game (via Steam) but the window keeps popping up.

At least it doesn't prevent me from playing.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the 209 error earlier today, used the Admin trick and it played the game but never installed the patch. Then i`m trying to launch the game right now and the patch error showed up. It states "unable to determine the current version" so I will stay here to get any help. I am still getting a 209 error by the way.
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭
    I summited a ticket telling them the issue, followed all the troubleshooting tips, did a clean reinstall and they are now telling me to do a clean uninstall and not even reading my tickets, i gave them the url to this page and they are ignoring it,.
  • Athanas35
    Athanas35
    ✭✭
    Im on steam and getting the same error, and alot of people on steam message board posting about the same problem.
    And from what posts ive read, no one had this problem until the maintence patch a few days ago, including me.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just started the game and no error but no patch either. Started the launcher in normal.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error came back after another maintenance yesterday. I can't repair the game, the error stops the process.

This is absurd! I made ALL ZOS suggestions, including almost 4 hours reinstalling ESO and this error still going on!

No words from ZOS so far. This is very frustrating.
  • blue.indigo5b14_ESO
    Same issue here: Steam, same error as described in this thread. It has been going on since the patch before this current Jester event.

Since this Jester patch, the repair button does nothing except pop up yet another "version cannot be verified" message, telling me to contact support.

Please fix this.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have this problem, also launch through steam.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those still getting this error after the recent maintenance, please make sure you've went through the troubleshooting below.

What do I do if I get Error 209 "PatchManifestError_VersionFail?"

If these steps do not help, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all steps, error not solved. I started a ticket with customer support:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/21070286