The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A mistake to trust a game .....

• jimthegray_ESO
    I am wondering if it was a mistake to trust a game by producers who have never published a multiplayer game before.

Ten years ago everybody in multiplayer screamed that if you play multiplayer YOU HAVE TO GROUP. In the meantime, it is public knowledge that a lot of people not only like playing alone, but are maybe forced to because of personal circumstances etc.

So now it seems that ESO have the old fashioned idea that a multiplayer game has to have forced grouping ("if a quest seems to hard, just go to the seek grouping...".

In the quest "Legacy of the Ancestors", a beginners quest for Level 3, the mob you have to fight is sooooo strong that an experienced sorcerer with minion does not even do 20% damage before they are both dead.

Thanks ESO, maybe I wasted my money on a game by amateurs......

hmm what issue are you having with the fight? that quest was an easy fight solo for my sword and board mage.?
  • HydroF
    HydroF
    If you take the amount of energy needed to write this juvenile, angsty OP, and use it to analyze what you could be doing better in the game...or even leveling elsewhere, the issue would be solved.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that it is a mistake to think you can trust a game.

A computer game is a piece of software, it cannot lie or cheat or steal, but it cannot be honest or faithful or loyal either. It is a series of binary codes that does whatever it is programmed to do.

Perhaps you are speaking of trust in the decision-making skills of the software developers? That is something you can trust or not trust. However, thus far I've found most of the decisions to be consistent with a developer following their own vision of an MMO without the need to blindly follow the herd.

Perhaps you are speaking of trust in your own decision-making skills. Perhaps you do not trust what you feel when you play, perhaps you do not trust in your own MMO skills?

It's very difficult to determine what you believe when you try to lay blame on a series of binary digits.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know your age, but you are probably not done making $60+ dollar mistakes purchasing something you end up not liking. And a refund is not always possible. I have done it many times experimenting with entertainment.

Personally I am having fun playing, but if at level 3 you are already raging then it does not bode well for your enjoyment of ESO. People with little patience and easily set off are not going to enjoy this game.

Write it off as one of life's lessons and move on. Because you did not even ask for help but just slammed the game, the reponses you recieve here are not likely to calm your nerves.
    Edited by Yankee on April 28, 2014 2:35PM
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once thing I noticed when I first started playing is that it was a steep change in the way I had to do things, especially in combat. I played a character up to level 5 during the 1st wide-beta and by then I was comfortable enough.

Now having played a character to 33rd level, I'm actually pretty comfortable with the new setup. I've figured out keys that work for me, and things are good...

EXCEPT

I logged into LOTRO to check out the Anniversary event and I had the hardest time just moving around. I've played LOTRO for 7 years, so it was really funny. It was like watching a hobbit who just woke up after realizing he'd fallen asleep at the bottom of a wine cask that was surely full the night before.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Sorcerers are really weak. They have serious issues in a lot of solo missions and they have no AoE for a very long time. Their first one is an ultimate. Templar on the other hand, a kid could play blindfolded and never lose. The system is flawed on this end.

Fix vampires? My god, fix sorcerer.

2. I also concur that the OP needs to do the newbie island zone. From this spot you can get blue recipes and racial motifs to sell for gold.

As for strategy, EVOLVE. Early game, the Bow has "Knockback" and works much better than Destro Staff. Resto Staff is great, locks on to fire better than Destro Staff but slower than the bow. The first resto staff ability has been a part of my strategy since low level. You can heal yourself with it well.

You might also consider playing vs mobs in third person instead of first. This way if something appears behind you, you won't be surprised. This can also stop you from getting "walk blocked" by a piece of rubble.

3. As for the cyberbullies, report every single one of them. "This comment is non-constructive and creates toxicity within the community. It is degrading and insulting, and you wouldn't tolerate this behavior in a restaurant." Label them as bullies, and OWN IT. Report them, declare it, and move on dot org. We really need more people to report this kind of trolling and baiting. They probably won't ban them at first but hopefully a few warnings will move some people in the right direction.
    Edited by Soloeus on April 30, 2014 3:20PM

Within; Without.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremayne wrote: »
    Producers who have never published a multiplayer game before?

Snigger.

Go google "Matt Firor". We'll wait for you, and I will skill up Provisioning by making you some humble pie.

Zenimax might be a new company in the industry but the people involved are veterans.

Could you please define the word "Snigger" for me?

Within; Without.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if it was a mistake to trust a game by producers who have never published a multiplayer game before.

Ten years ago everybody in multiplayer screamed that if you play multiplayer YOU HAVE TO GROUP. In the meantime, it is public knowledge that a lot of people not only like playing alone, but are maybe forced to because of personal circumstances etc.

So now it seems that ESO have the old fashioned idea that a multiplayer game has to have forced grouping ("if a quest seems to hard, just go to the seek grouping...".

In the quest "Legacy of the Ancestors", a beginners quest for Level 3, the mob you have to fight is sooooo strong that an experienced sorcerer with minion does not even do 20% damage before they are both dead.

Thanks ESO, maybe I wasted my money on a game by amateurs......

BYE! Nice having you around you ray of sunshine you!
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO

There are glaring oversights in this game that I don't think should have happened even with amateurs at the wheel. So I don't think you made a mistake in trusting them.

Hiring a few experienced people in key areas could have prevented so much grief.

Once again, bad management. Something you could never have predicted as a paying customer.

I still don't think customers should pre-order, though. And the latest craze, this early access scam developers are trying to pull, just encourages more unfinished work to be released.

If you can't finance your game, don't start making it.
    Edited by michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO on April 30, 2014 6:12PM
  • Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of something an old wise man told me: It's the poor craftsman who blames his tools....
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How utterly embarassing.. Can't believe someone would even admit that they could not complete a beginner quest.... I didn't die in solo questing until level 30 something.. and that was because of lag.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thralgaf wrote: »
    Ummmm...amateurs at mmos? Matt Firor was the lead on creating DAOC. Not his first rodeo, my friend.

It would seem that Mr. Firor has lost his touch.

Although, the OP is just awful it would seem.
    Edited by nicholaspingasb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 8:26PM
    Sanguine's Beta Tester