The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A mistake to trust a game .....

• Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    Delith wrote: »
    Go play a single player game. Bye.

No No, thats way to hard for him, i vote for Tetris.

• AppleFetish
    I am wondering if it was a mistake to trust a game by producers who have never published a multiplayer game before.

Ten years ago everybody in multiplayer screamed that if you play multiplayer YOU HAVE TO GROUP. In the meantime, it is public knowledge that a lot of people not only like playing alone, but are maybe forced to because of personal circumstances etc.

So now it seems that ESO have the old fashioned idea that a multiplayer game has to have forced grouping ("if a quest seems to hard, just go to the seek grouping...".

In the quest "Legacy of the Ancestors", a beginners quest for Level 3, the mob you have to fight is sooooo strong that an experienced sorcerer with minion does not even do 20% damage before they are both dead.

Thanks ESO, maybe I wasted my money on a game by amateurs......

I played Sorcerer and felt horribly overpowered. I managed to die a few times, but it was expected as I grew reckless. One thing I did find was that sometimes and encounter actually required a little thought and planning our ability used. I couldn't just spam buttons through it. I find that refreshing, not "amateurish". ...and in the event that someone runs across an encounter that they could use help on, due to either their inability to come up with a strat, or because the spec they have chosen is actually at a disadvantage for that encounter, then I see no problem with someone asking for help. I didn't buy this game so that I could play Skyrim with a lot of people running around me or clogging the craft stations...I played it because it was an MMO...not just an RPG. The idea of people needing to group is far from old fashioned. It has just been beaten into hiding from the entitlement crowd.
  • jerzey_gamer
    Caduryn wrote: »

Tetris IS a single-player game?
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game... Can be 100% completed with a bag of Doritos as your only friend. It is super easy, and you are probably just bad at the game.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    Ummmm...amateurs at mmos? Matt Firor was the lead on creating DAOC. Not his first rodeo, my friend.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be merciful... the majority of MMO's have the habit of making the player feel a Hero. Taking in several NPC mobs is quite easy and common. Not so in ESO.

And yes...some NPC Mobs are a wee bit too tough to solo.
    The problem is that with the huge range of core skills, weapon skills and armor skills it is difficult to get an average difficult grade for NPC's

Naturally...once everyone has worked out the optimal build (on Google) things will get easy.
    for the time being... make sure you are a level higher when taking on two NPC Mob and two levels higher when taking on three. It worked fine for me.

Naturally...being in a group changes things again. Discernment...discernment and more discernment. An NPC name like Deathclaw should ring some bells...me thinks.
  • jakenaftalb14a_ESO
    I won't say something vitriolic like some others before me but dude, try crafting. Repair, enchant, use potions religiously. Try killing things with people who aren't in your group! There are a lot of solutions, and you definitely don't only have to pick one.
    ESO has a lot to offer as far as the leveling experience goes. You should be fine playing without a group. My friends and I skype and play solo for fun and to challenge ourselves :) Keep trying!
    And if it doesn't work out, wait around. Maybe things will be different for you soon when the zones aren't as crowded and scaling could end up being changed.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    Battle in ESO is really very complex for a beginner. You have to know what perks to take early on. You have to know how to approach a battle... how to prepare. Each class has to have different abilities. There is a knock-back or stun ability in every class but it is not obvious to a beginner which perk has this ability. The different races also have advantages. The best approach for a beginner is to go to a help site where players are discussing how to set up your character for best progression and get ideas there.

BTW many quests are strictly solo and will not allow you to take a companion with you. Where grouping is allowed it is easy to defeat the boss.

This is so not the case. I had never played Templar or any melee in my life and guess what I did I made a templar with a 2h weapon and 25lvls later, I still am owning mobs without any group help or guild. So my suggestion would be to either rethink your strategy if you're having problems at lvl 3
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    You're failing in a dungeon at lvl 3 and judging the whole game on it? Don't be surprised if you won't get too many constructive answers.

Next time maybe just ask if anybody else is experiencing the same and if not if they have advice for you. I'm sure you will get some.

As many people wrote before: gear up, do the starter islands, theres a lot of chests, ressources and 3 skyshards there, maybe look around for a bit for other things to level with and come back later. I am at lvl 17 currently and the only thing I grouped up for was Grotto, the instanced dungeon, and some guild things, but those were not for leveling. It's perfectly doable if you take your time and plan things. And if you're stuck on a quest, ask for advice, but not like this.
    Edited by Lalaeith on April 2, 2014 10:08AM
  • DarkInvictus
    DarkInvictus
    ✭✭
    Caduryn wrote: »

I think even tetris maybe too difficult. why not hula hoop instead.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your finding the game difficult you should check out starter island. Theres SkillShards I mean Skyshards there you need to get anyways plus for AD anyways it makes more sense story wise.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game reviewers have completely lost touch with reality. They complain that the tutorial island is boring so much that Zenimax defaults to skipping it. So now there is a huge chunk of players thrust into regular content without any learning curve.

It's almost like the reviewers have no sense of foresight or common sense at all.

OP, don't skip the tutorial, like others have said that is your problem.
    Edited by Armitas on April 2, 2014 10:58AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Strawberrycocoa
    I had a lot of difficulty surviving mob pulls until I made some armor to replace my soul-shriven attire. Have you crafted armor for yourself yet?
  • Bunzinator
    Bunzinator
    Soul Shriven
    I play on a satellite connection from Australia, so my latency is at least 900ms. Clealy, I'm at a disadvantage here, especially when it comes to dodging, blocking and interrupting, but I've managed ok so far. Things can be difficult, but are doable. I just make sure I don't try anything above my level, and think about what I'm doing before I do it.

So I always get a bit of a chuckle when:
    1) People whine about not being able to do at level quests.
    2) LPBs whine about the game being "totally unplayable" if the latency gets above 50ms.
    "You have spirit in your eyes. I may take those from you when this is over."
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP.

Having group-based content on a multi-player game is clearly amateurish. I don't know what they was thinking. Of course you should be able to solo everything with ease - else what is the point of it being a multi-player game.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 2, 2014 1:59PM
  • Gierolf_Whitecoatb16_ESO
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I agree with the OP.

Having group-based content on a multi-player game is clearly amateurish. I don't know what they was thinking. Of course you should be able to solo everything with ease - else what is the point of it being a multi-player game.

yup, everything needs to be soloable so the recluse's that wish to play alone in an MMO can experience everything in the world.....
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand you are frustrated, but I think it is a bit early to judge the entire game.

I have a couple of suggestions. Turn the combat cues to always, they will prompt you to dodge/block/interupt (double tap movement key/RMB/LMB + RMB) and give you an idea what the special attacks look like.

Blocking is awesome. I am playing a light armor-fire staff-dragonknight. If my knockback (staff) is on cooldown, the melee npcs often run up and use a special/power attack, blocking takes almost all the dmg away and seems to stun/daze them for a short time:)

Another key thing for a lighter armored character is to watch for abilities when an enemy will stop moving. You can run around (kite enemy) keeping out of his melee range until he stops to do one of these casts, then you stop and blast him. If you have some instant casts you can use those whilst running, spells with cast time though slow you down (or are supposed to - see patch notes).

As to the skipping of the tutorial isle, I put this as a suggestion in Beta when they switched it that they NEED a quest to direct people to that person at the docks, and the quest needs to say that the enemies there are not as powerful or something. Then people who haven't played beta realize that the island is there. I think most people do not read all the Prophet's chat options - which is the only place they tell you of the guy at the dock!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP.

yup, everything needs to be soloable so the recluse's that wish to play alone in an MMO can experience everything in the world.....
    I agree with the OP.

That does seem to be the typical argument they make. I am a paying customer so therefore I should be able to solo everything if I choose to.

This game already has mountains of solo content available. And I'll never understand why some players feel multi-player games should be changed in its totality to meet their single-player needs. This would have the obvious and predictable effect of making grouping up both pointless and unrewarding.

It would make far more sense for these players who want to solo everything to just play a single-player game. But instead they buy a multi-player one and then demand it be changed into a single-player game. Don't ask me to understand it because I never will.

I agree with the OP.

I agree with the OP.

That does seem to be the typical argument they make. I am a paying customer so therefore I should be able to solo everything if I choose to.

This game already has mountains of solo content available. And I'll never understand why some players feel multi-player games should be changed in its totality to meet their single-player needs. This would have the obvious and predictable effect of making grouping up both pointless and unrewarding.

It would make far more sense for these players who want to solo everything to just play a single-player game. But instead they buy a multi-player one and then demand it be changed into a single-player game. Don't ask me to understand it because I never will.

its because on the internet people think they can just spew endless amounts of *** out from their mouths without any repercussions to their actions, because they believe that because they pay to help keep the servers maintained and the game fun and balanced that they are entitled for their voices to be heard. well i only wish they would take their voices out of the game and into something important, like taking down the shadow companies who run our world currently.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP.

I agree with the OP.

its because on the internet people think they can just spew endless amounts of *** out from their mouths without any repercussions to their actions, because they believe that because they pay to help keep the servers maintained and the game fun and balanced that they are entitled for their voices to be heard. well i only wish they would take their voices out of the game and into something important, like taking down the shadow companies who run our world currently.

Few thoughts.

People can spew endless amounts of crap on the internet without any repercussions. So that is probably why they think that :)

Being entitled to having your voice heard is quite a bit different than expecting a product to be completely re-tooled to suit your own individual circumstances and preferences. Especially if this comes at the expense of others who bought the product expecting a multi-player experience since that is what it was marketed as.

So I guess what I am trying to say is expecting all content to be easy to solo on a multi-player game isn't what I would consider to be a reasonable expectation. Therefore I don't view it as a valid criticism.

For example: I don't join in a game of football and then get upset I can't solo all of my touchdowns. If you participate in a team sport you should be prepared and indeed expect to use a bit of teamwork to accomplish your end goals. I think that same principle applies here.

Now as far as the shadow corporations that control he world, that is outside my realm so I will politely neglect to comment on that directly ^^

Edited by Jeremy on April 2, 2014 6:09PM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And you cannot compare a nightblade with a sorcerer, sorcerer are a lot weaker in this game and need some love.

This made me burst out laughing.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    And you cannot compare a nightblade with a sorcerer, sorcerer are a lot weaker in this game and need some love.

This made me burst out laughing.

well the nightblade got a buff between the beta weekends and the official game, but yeah me too, the Sorc can *** enemies fast with high damage, or turn into an amazing tank when needed too.
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    I don't get it. That quest that,"Legacy of the Ancestors" that he is talking about wasn't even that hard when i soloed it on Beta version.

I was merely level 5.

Beta version was also much harder.

Just level up,kickass and chew bubblegum.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    While I can to a degree sympathize and agree with the core point of what OP suggests...

The only thing a sorcerer's minion is useful for is meatshield. Sometimes. And by "meatshield" I mean "deal lolsquat damage and getting beaten to a pulp if you don't kill the enemy fast". I don't think you would mention the minion if you were experienced, to be honest. It's like playing Oblivion and mentioning the Adoring Fan when you couldn't beat a big bad monster... because his usefulness was on level of the Sorc minions. :P
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. If you think that quest is hard, just wait until you get to Gutripper.

ZOS, please don't tune things for people like the OP.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    all my chars are near lvl 5 after coldharbour, lvl 4 crafting things will help you till lvl 8...
    did gutripper with my lvl 6 sorc, was disappointet how easy it was...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Mattio
    Mattio
    I am a solo player and so far I have loved roaming around alone. I have come to some areas where I found it tough but I simply leave it and come back later when I am stronger. I did do 1 group event with 2 others which was pretty cool but in no way was I forced to do that dungeon & quest.
    I think Zenimax have done an incredible job, if you know anything of games development you'd understand the amazing work that has gone into ESO. They created a well balanced game rammed full of stuff for all types of players. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for their future projects. :)
    2hh2m3l.png
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if it was a mistake to trust a game by producers who have never published a multiplayer game before

You are correct, most of ESO's game designers never published a game called "dark age of Camelot"

Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Tentoes
    Tentoes
    ✭✭
    Odd, I've been playing since early beta, gotten all classes to level 10, and the first group I joined was today at level 14 to do a GROUP dungeon. I have come across a few enemies that were a little tough, and I died without doing much damage to them at all, but then I respawned, learned their strategy, and kicked their ass.

(Protip-Like 90% of the enemies in this game are learning tactics/mechanics. This game is not WoW where you spam spells and burn them down before they burn you down.)
    Edited by Tentoes on April 3, 2014 4:21AM
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    As Gamers say
    If at first you do not succeed

It is obviously too hard and needs nerfing

If you do succeed and others fail,
    LOLOLOLZOR L2P I was afk facesmashing my keyboard when i beat that easy
    Edited by Darka on April 3, 2014 6:30PM
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack