The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedra race! If ZoS decides to unlock one

Vanos444
Vanos444
✭✭✭✭✭
Daedra racial passive

* 100% No lava damage while standing or swimming in it and Environment cold damage.
* Can open a portal and teleport to the wayshire at any part of tameril thats already unlocked or seen, at any time...not when engaged in battle.
* Can turn in to any mortal form and use their racial passives ( 1 form = their racial passive + appearance that's unlocks a separate window for players to alter ). The cooldown for it is 10 days to alter another appearance. Players can decide to either look like a daedra or mortal.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot of work to implement.
    Plus it breaks lore.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    * Can turn in to any mortal form and use their racial passives ( 1 form = their racial passive + appearance that's unlocks a separate window for players to alter ). The cooldown for it is 10 days to alter another appearance. Players can decide to either look like a daedra or mortal.
    This is a clever way of avoiding having to balance a new set of racial passives, but it's basically a permanent reusable class change token that makes them the permanent meta race, so it would never happen. Adding in extra stuff on top of this is way too much, even if I think your suggestions sound fun.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just get the skin from imperial city & role play it :D

8e2dkjbx1wvf.jpg
    Edited by dem0n1k on March 31, 2022 11:55PM
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never want a dremora race in ESO. But if you really want to run around like one, just get the dremora polymorph from vMA, or the Xivkyn polymorphs from IC.
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be Xivilaized.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know some of those environmental damages are used to keep us from accessing areas not made to be travelled right? Also, you can already teleport from anywhere already for a small cost, i fail to see the point of the portal.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls has had specific playable races for most, if not all, of it's existence. I won't say no to more player options, but I think the polymorphs are as close as you're likely to get.

But in the spirit of fun:

Instead of Daedra/Dremora being a playable as a separate race, have character selection as usual. Next to the race name at the top, there could be a check box to make it a daedric spirit in disguise. The daedra can use the appearance of the race they choose (with all the appropriate appearance options), but only out of combat. In combat they revert to their daedra form, and being a daedra is 'Illegal' in the justice system.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much fun as it seems, I don't think you'll ever see a playable dremora race in ESO. Forgetting about skills, stats, etc., I can't see how anyone could justify having player character dremora not being attacked around towns and camps. Everyone's reaction upon seeing the player dremora would be "KILL IT". Towns people, guards, even red bandits would attack. I don't think ESO should or even could change lore enough to allow a PC dremora.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POSSIBLE SPOILER!?!

It's an interesting idea, but as had been said the K.O.S. issues. Besides, how would the original quest work with you being sacrificed (I hope that's not a spoiler considering it's pivotal in much of the early story and literally the first thing that used to happen)
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    POSSIBLE SPOILER!?!

It's an interesting idea, but as had been said the K.O.S. issues. Besides, how would the original quest work with you being sacrificed (I hope that's not a spoiler considering it's pivotal in much of the early story and literally the first thing that used to happen)

You have a point. It would have to be an advanced option for players that have at least one level 50 character. And the character so created would simply 'poof' into the starting area by the portals to select their starting location.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Impish Epidermis skin is pretty good. Gives a red hued Dremora complexion similar to Rynkyus. Would really love a set of adornments (major?) for Dremora horns, like the Bosmer have.

Kyngald-Mohk-Xho-Gatka.png
    Edited by Number_51 on March 31, 2022 2:01PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot of work to implement.
    Plus it breaks lore.

It also seems to be a means to swap racial passives as desired. That last passive is more than just extremely unlikely.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they were to expand on Sheogorath's realm they could add the dark seducer and golden saint races - although a polymorph may suffice :D