The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Voice actress for The Thief in Craglorn

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What a lovely voice. <3 Does anyone know who it was?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be Deborah Wilson who did several voices back in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Wilson

Not sure though, would have to check for myself later ;)
  • Curryganz
    Curryganz
    ✭✭✭
    hijacking because i always wanted to know Clivia's va, now that one I find hilarious
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    What a lovely voice. <3 Does anyone know who it was?

+1 This, if she ever comes back, please keep the same actress!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curryganz wrote: »
    hijacking because i always wanted to know Clivia's va, now that one I find hilarious

Curious about this as well.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clivia Tharn's voice, especially after she reveals to be Molag Kena (spoiler alert? :tongue: ) makes me sick. She sounds as if she has a cold/flu/whatever with severe nasal congestion.

Why can't we have voice actors like Malcolm McDowell (Molag Balls) or Alfred Molina (Doc Ock who does Abnur Tharn) or Kari Wahlgren ("Vex" in Skyrim's Thieves' Guild or Caitlin in GW2)? H*ck, even Kimberly Brooks (not sure if she's on ESO, but among all of her works she voiced "Ashley" in Mass Effect) or Keith Szarabajka (the agent in Joker's cell in Batman Dark Knight, does most of the male Dunmer here) would be great.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith Szarabajka (the agent in Joker's cell in Batman Dark Knight, does most of the male Dunmer here) would be great.

I think Mr. Szarabajka is most known for voicing Hircine in ESO.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alfred Molina (Doc Ock who does Abnur Tharn)

Wait, what?!! Didn’t know that was him! :smiley:

• alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clivia Tharn's voice, especially after she reveals to be Molag Kena (spoiler alert? :tongue: ) makes me sick. She sounds as if she has a cold/flu/whatever with severe nasal congestion.

Why can't we have voice actors like Malcolm McDowell (Molag Balls) or Alfred Molina (Doc Ock who does Abnur Tharn) or Kari Wahlgren ("Vex" in Skyrim's Thieves' Guild or Caitlin in GW2)? H*ck, even Kimberly Brooks (not sure if she's on ESO, but among all of her works she voiced "Ashley" in Mass Effect) or Keith Szarabajka (the agent in Joker's cell in Batman Dark Knight, does most of the male Dunmer here) would be great.

Because they cost a ton more than the ones they have "in-house".

Don't get me wrong, many of the in-house voice actors are good, but it does get a bit odd when there are like six different voices in all of Tamriel, kings and gods aside. :P
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there are voices.....ESO does excel at having so much of the game voice acted.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But there are voices.....ESO does excel at having so much of the game voice acted.

*remembers the voice to text robots in beta and shudders*

• EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭

Because they cost a ton more than the ones they have "in-house".

Don't get me wrong, many of the in-house voice actors are good, but it does get a bit odd when there are like six different voices in all of Tamriel, kings and gods aside. :P

I think the regular cast of voice actors they have are great, but it is amusing when you start to recognize them.

I had no idea Ralof in Skyrim was a descendant of Shalidor, for example. :-D
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mr. Szarabajka is most known for voicing Hircine in ESO.
    Indeed, and if memory serves me well, Mehrunes Dagon at the end of City of Ash I (noticeable if someone in the group has the quest).
    Absolutely! Compared to Skyrim that had what? Ten voices for each gender? ESO is far better and I really, really appreciate every content is fully voiced — unlike GW2 that kept launching new content with nothing more than background sounds, music and characters grunts using the virus as an excuse "for the voice actors' safety" while every professional voice actor I know of are more than capable of voicing from their own homes, in their own studios.

I don't know... I'm just so much into voice acting that these things just don't pass unnoticed to me.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69fvPzs9uoU
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, all.

Now that I think of it, I think it would be great to have Felicia Day as a voice actress for ESO. If anyone has true gamer credentials, she does. :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cobble123 Thank you! :smiley:

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I found the specific actors you were looking for, but here is a list of almost all the VA for ESO.
    Hope this helps...
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3485722/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Now that I think of it, I think it would be great to have Felicia Day as a voice actress for ESO. If anyone has true gamer credentials, she does. :)

Here is another video from launch showing the other "A" list actors doing their voice overs.
    Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Jun_uRFQ
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that I found the specific actors you were looking for, but here is a list of almost all the VA for ESO.
    Hope this helps...
    Thanks, it's a good page, but doesn't mention The Thief in Craglorn.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this helps...
    Thanks, it's a good page, but doesn't mention The Thief in Craglorn.

I know, I'm sorry, but I'm still looking!
    Huzzah!!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BeckyIchnoski
    Could you help shed light on who voiced The Thief in Craglorn?
    And maybe Clavia also?
    Please and THANK YOU!!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See I know him from Indiana Jones... "Throw me the idol!"
    PCNA
    PCEU
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so we are clear.

What is the name of the NPC?

Are we talking about Roshinia the Redguard female fence?
    (because I find her voice awesome even though it's just two lines)

Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on March 15, 2022 4:20PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Haven’t seen any of those. Sounds like I need to start looking them up!
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Just so we are clear.

Her name is The Thief (warning; spoilers for Craglorn main quest). She’s an avatar of one of the Guardian starsigns, and a really nice lady!
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on March 15, 2022 3:45PM

✭✭✭✭✭

Haven’t seen any of those. Sounds like I need to start looking them up!
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Just so we are clear.

Her name is The Thief (warning; spoilers for Craglorn main quest). She’s an avatar of one of the Guardian starsigns, and a really nice lady!

Hmm, I listened to a few...I get very curious when challenges are presented ^^

Could it be Sumalee Montano? There's something about the voice and the tone which resembles her style, not sure though.
    I would love some feedback too because we are going to dig too far! :)
    @ZOS_Kevin
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw some wild guesses here. "The Thief" is a Redguard and among the very few voice actors not marked as "Additional Voices" on ESO's IMDB Page we have Sumalee Montano, Sharon Muthu and Maura Vincent as voice actresses for Female Redguard.

I didn't find any good audio source for Maura Vincent, but since it's listed she voices Reachman Female and these NPC have a really strong accent, I'd discard her as possible voice actress for The Thief.

Then I've found this video for Sumalee Montano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xzsCb8Qr3c

And this video for Sharon Muthu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoov-bEgs4

Because I have the memory of a goldfish, I had to search for a playthrough to hear The Thief's voice once again, and I'd risk a guess that's Sumalee Montano with some voice-over effects so she could sound more Celestial.

Let's see if we can get an official answer, though.
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    Some voice actors are indeed not listed anywhere/hard to find.
    I've been wondering who is voice actor for The Mage from Aetherian Archive for so long.
    Solar powered.
  • VampirateV
    VampirateV
    ✭✭

I could easily see her as an Eveli type, but my love of her role in Supernatural makes me want to see her as a queen ;)
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*remembers the voice to text robots in beta and shudders*

To be honest I kinda miss the old phone it in bored voice acting for the Brackenleaf tree in Grahtwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnW4CAgKAP4
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I totally forgot he was Dr. Octavius in Spiderman too!!

@ZOS_BeckyIchnoski could you please help us on this? Please?
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• ZOS_BeckyIchnoski
    ZOS_BeckyIchnoski
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Thief is Sumalee Montano! (:
    Becky Ichnoski, Voiceover Lead
    Staff Post